Poppy Staffie x (& Bruce) DoB 23.3.2012 Cambridge

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Poppy Staffie x (& Bruce) DoB 23.3.2012 Cambridge

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Poppy01.jpg
Known background: Poppy was found stray/abandoned with another dog (Bruce), and was unneutered and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer them Rescue places. Poppy is now spayed, chipped and fully vaccinated. She is in Guildford Kennels. Poppy and Bruce have been with our rescue since August 2016; they are losing heart in kennels so we have decided to rehome them separately, however we will still consider rehoming them together as a harmonious pair if the right family comes along. They need two people to walk them if homed together. To view Bruce's thread, please Click Here.
Tilly7.jpeg
Poppy needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB: Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dogs' lives at greater risk.

Visit Poppy's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures, and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption; this helps to support our many dogs in kennels. We receive no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. We offer our dogs back up for life.
Tilly78.jpeg
Poppy (Right) & Bruce
Poppy (Right) & Bruce
Poppy (Right) & Bruce
Poppy (Right) & Bruce
Poppy (Left) and Bruce
Poppy (Left) and Bruce
Tillyhead.jpeg
Tilly5.jpeg
Poppy's Thread is below: Watch her progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral: Please remember this is the initial information we received from the referrer. Once a dog is in our care and we work with it and assess it, it often can and does reveal positive skills, develops trust, and transforms its behaviours. Adam has asked us to help Poppy find her home. Poppy was found stray and unclaimed with a similar looking and similar aged dog.
Sarahk

Re: Poppy Staffie x DofB 23.3.2012 Oxted Post Spay recovery

Post by Sarahk »

Proper pics of Poppy coming tomorrow ! She's a beauty, a bit sore from her spay bless her, but she (and Bruce) have been so good since they arrived here this afternoon. Very loving and gentle girl :smiley-gen132.gif:

They've loved the freedom of wandering from the conservatory/lounge out to the garden. They are a loving pair, licking each other's muzzles this evening. They're sleeping now, or watching the Olympics with me :D

Poppy curled up enjoying the comfort of a chair thumbs.gif
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
And in the background with Bruce stretched out on the floor (enjoying the cool fan)...
image.jpeg
This was earlier, both enjoying cuddles (and happy to share me !!) on the sofa...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Looking forward to the weekend with these 2 :D :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

A few pics of Poppy taken yesterday as she arrived from the vets :D

Her coat is a beautiful ginger colouring, soft and smooth, really beautiful all round lovely girl who is a real cuddly girl.
DSC00444.JPG
DSC00439.JPG
DSC00446.JPG

Yesterday they were both excited I think to be back in a home, but Poppy was definitely a little sore and had to tell off her slightly over-amorous boy Bruce a few times when he tried it on ! He got the message every time and always backed off and if I called him away before he had the chance then he would come to me before he annoyed the lovely Poppy !! :D
When it was bedtime and they were both allowed on my bed, they couldn't believe it and both wanted to shower me in kisses love4.gif :smiley-gen132.gif: love4.gif

They both settled down quite quickly and we all slept well through the night,I woke a few times as Bruce decided he wanted to move to a different part of my bed but I don't think Poppy moved an inch most of the night, lay next to me cuddled in, her head often resting on my arm, so sweet. At one stage Bruce decided he would squeeze in between me and Poppy, making a space that didn't previously exist, he managed it and I had about an inch of my bed !!! What was sooo sweet was that she laid her head on his bum, very lovely. They were both very good :smiley-gen132.gif:

And they've been great all day today too - the novelty of the garden available to them as they want today as the conservatory doors are wide open means they've both settled fantastically well and Bruce's amorous attention to Poppy has virtually stopped, I think she's had to tell him 'no' only a few times today. Lovely to see the two of them wandering around the garden, Bruce spotted a cheeky pidgeon on my lawn a few minutes ago and ran straight out ducking under my garden chairs ! Pidgeon got away ofcourse well before he was anywhere near close !!! Tilly followed but with not quite so much vigour !

Both Bruce and Poppy are complete cuddle monkeys, I've had one each side of me on the sofa many a time today - no jealousy at all between them which is so great to see, they do each try to be the one giving me kisses ! I think Poppy probably does just edge it in the cuddle stakes, really loves to be close to you and those adorable eyes are heart melting as she looks up at you :smiley-love014.gif:

Breakfast was easy with them too, I fed them at opposite sides of the kitchen, they were both fine and at the end went to check out each others bowls just in case ! I would say Poppy is the boss and Bruce loves her oodles - he's the main muzzle licker but she does love him too love4.gif

Should just say they are both completely house trained too, and when I needed to pop out the front door to my car they understood 'stay' and stood back to let me into my porch no problem at all :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

One more pic ...
DSC00438.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

2 gorgeous foster dogs and action packed Olympics, what better excuse could I hope for to do very little today !!!

Poppy & Bruce helped me enormously doing nothing !!!

And we had a lovely time ...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Lots of time for cuddles :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Soooo time consuming lol.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

And plenty of shots of the duo together, here we go...

Last night, stretching on the floor enjoying the space and comfort compared to a kennel, love them love4.gif ...
image.jpeg
On my bed this morning...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
And then fun and face licks during the day... In and out, out and in again 0028.gif :dog_running-186.gif:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sofa snuggles for the 3 of us !
image.jpeg
Muzzle and ear licking
Muzzle and ear licking
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I'm not sure they were enjoying the Olympics quite as much as me !
I'm not sure they were enjoying the Olympics quite as much as me !
image.jpeg
Do you think they're playing 'one potatoe, two potato, 3 potato, 4...' !!!???!!!
Do you think they're playing 'one potatoe, two potato, 3 potato, 4...' !!!???!!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Doubly delicious :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

No shenanigans tonight, Bruce and Poppy so much more relaxed and on to the bed, lay down, waited for me, then sleepybyes zzz zzzzz zzzzzzzz thumbs.gif

Poppy has cuddled up close again and Bruce has dived under the quilt, I've made sure he has an air hole as its still warm !!! So he's under the duvet with the fan on his face !!
Poppy was a bit sleepy and quite confused at where he'd gone lol.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Poppy good as gold overnight, slept solidly and stayed by my side :D
How can you get up when this beautiful girl is resting her head on your shoulder...
image.jpeg
Some more shots of her ladyship...
Beautiful
Beautiful
Snoozy
Snoozy
image.jpeg
Poppy and Bruce had no problem having a bit of a lie in ! Outside for pee time once we did get up, they are excited to go out first thing and enjoy a bit of a play, Poppy is definitely in charge and decides whether or not she wants to play and Bruce goes along with whatever she decides ! They soon calm right down and enjoy just being in the garden ...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I purposefully have kept the toys away, and I tend to not be outside with them for too long as that makes them more excitable, calm is what we want and what we have as they are both recovering from neutering on Friday so no over stretching required !

They love to chill...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I was watching the Olympics (again !!!) on the catch up this morning so didn't get out of my PJs til late, this was the sight when I came out the shower...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
soooo sweet :smiley-gen132.gif:

Some gentle indoor play...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
they both respond very well when I ask them to stop or go outside if they want to play more !

And snuggles on my lap either side of me again on the sofa ...
image.jpeg
We've also been for a walk today, easy to harness and they walk well together, keen as opposed to pully and I even found I could hold both leads and do a video so that tells you they were pretty good walking together ! Video to follow later !

Poppy is a beautiful girl, in great condition, and quite the cuddle monkey, looks up at you with eyes that melt and treasures her kisses ! Can't believe these 2 were picked up as strays. They have had some positive input from what I can see and are a very lovely couple of dogs.
:smiley-love014.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I decided to give Poppy and Bruce a treat tonight, these gorgeous dogs are so easy to please :D

Nearly 8.30pm and I said we should go for a walk, well these guys were so excited !!! They're normally well tucked up in bed by this time so they were delighted to be heading out !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We walked past a house where a few dogs barked like crazy at us from behind a bush/fence - the look on Bruce and Poppy's faces... Where are they, where are they ??!!. No barking back, I was very proud of them :D Well, after that excitement it got even more exciting for them ... a black cat ... Now a black cat is lucky so I hope it's a good omen for these two but I can safely say they are not for cats !!! They walk very well but they pull when they've seen a cat darting off into the distance !!!
We headed in a different direction and they did settle again ! We got back and the 2 of them headed straight to the water bowl !!! It was a very exciting walk for them and if they weren't tired already they are now !!!

Poppy and Bruce have come and gone from the garden through the conservatory all afternoon, relaxing with me on the sofa or finding a resting place of their own. I'm not convinced they are sports fans, this was they whilst Max W Team GB was winning gold in the gymnastics...
image.jpeg
They did join me on the sofa to watch more of the Olympics later on...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
But when I uploaded the pics I spotted Bruce wasn't looking at the tele and Poppy was yawning !!!
image.jpeg
Love them even if they aren't fans of the Olympics :smiley-love014.gif: :smiley-love014.gif:

And isn't Poppy an absolute beauty :smiley-love014.gif:
image.jpeg
love4.gif xxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Poppy's snoozing the night away zzz zzzzz zzzzzz !!!
image.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”