Dion Collie x GSD x Rottie DOB 12.07.07 Northrepps Norfolk

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
teasnob

Re: Dion Collie x GSD x Rottie DOB 12.07.07 Chess. Kenns

Post by teasnob » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:06 pm

He's a lovely dog, quiet, strong, and I would have him if one of us worked from home. If he's nervous, he just hides his head between my legs! So cute! It's such a shame that he's been in a kennel so long.

SaraC

Post by SaraC » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:31 am

Dion is one of those dogs that once you gain his trust, you're his best mate forever. His love is unconditional and seems to grow a little every time he sees you. He will rub his head against your leg for strokes and relishes in ear rubs! If you sit with him, he will give you a very small kiss as well, and may even rest his head on your lap. :cloud9.gif: :cloud9.gif:

Dion now responds to the command "paw" (you can see him do it in my video below), and continues to slowly build trust with new people. With every new walker we get, his fan club expands even larger - because he's just that gorgeous (both inside and out)!

Last week Dion wasn't able to go to the charity walk, so myself and one of the other walkers took him out for an extra special long walk, so Dion had two people giving him fuss along the way. He was in heaven! Dion had a wonderful time trying to remove his halti harness, of which he both loves and hates in equal measures (this is another thing you can see him do in my video!).

I think there is a range of homing possibilities that Dion would be suitable for. So definitely get in touch with the re-homing team if you're interested in Dion! You certainly won't regret taking him into your family. :thanks.gif:

See Dion in action - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRwXEw0jgIg
Dion.jpg

WaggyTails

Post by WaggyTails » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:40 am

Aw Sara, that's so nice to see! He certainly loves you & trusts you. And you know him so well now! His recall is fantastic, so it would be great if you could let him stretch his legs some time. I must try to visit him soon & walk him in a pack or take him out somewhere different.
STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS

anitas

Post by anitas » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:01 pm

My last walk at the kennels today was the adorable Dion. I haven't seen him in awhile but he was looking as handsome as ever, his coat is stunning both to look at and feel. We had a run which isn't the easiest to do in wellies but I felt Dion needed to stretch his legs but remembered where his favourite bushes are that he loves to rub along so managed to stop myself in time!

He also had a lovely roll in the damp grass, doggy heaven :cloud9.gif: The photo I took of Dion doing a perfect & relaxed sit is up to usual quality (blurred) so I wont post it but he sits so easily & is very attentive. As always we had a cuddle whilst out & about before heading back before the rain started.
photo (1).JPG
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals"

SaraC

Post by SaraC » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Dion is getting better with strangers now, but does continue to be wary of those scary humans that walk towards him! This week we had the most terrifying of them all - a pram! Dion told me in no uncertain terms that he wasn't going to walk past a scary pram (he only dug his heels in and wouldn't walk, like a scardey dog). He's never done that before, so I gave in and walked back with him. Dion is just a bit wary of new things still, but with the right home I really think he'll get used to those not so scary things and settle. :)

Dion has been happy to let me towel dry him all over the past couple of weeks as it's been very wet on our walks. Gives you some time give his thick fur a big rub, so I think he secretly enjoyed it. But he'll never admit it. ;)

Picture of Dion having a small snuggle with me before I gave him a towel down.
photo 3.JPG

WaggyTails

Post by WaggyTails » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:59 pm

When we first fostered Dion, he backed out of his harness & collar if he saw people or bicycles or kids. Slowly we got to the point of standing still at our local parade of shops, allowing people to pass by him in every direction and as there was so much space, everyone ignored him & he built his confidence. Steve could walk him past the shops themselves too, after a couple of months.

We took him to Nonsuch Park and he ran to hide in the bushes at the sight of kids on bicycles & people everywhere. Instead of avoiding the park, we took him there lots, in a group of other people & dogs, let him offlead & his trust in us allowed him to run & relax. Steve's mum saw the first walk, and one of the last walks. She couldn't believe her eyes!! His tail was high, he was brushing past kids & approaching strangers to sniff them.

He was being desensitized at his original rescue by Mark, who had worked with Dion to be able to passwheeled objects. He has come so far, and takes so much guidance from his handler. He wants to trust you. He just didn't have much of a social life at his first home I think
STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS

SaraC

Post by SaraC » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:18 am

Waggytails(Ruth!) is very right! Dion has come a very long way & could go further if given the chance to have his forever home. The effort that will need to be put into Dion to get him to settle will be so very rewarding though. The second that Dion decides that he loves you is very special & with Dion you'll get a dog who is eternally loyal and your absolute best friend for life; Dion never forgets!
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG

SaraC

Post by SaraC » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:58 am

Dion managed to walk past 3 oncoming humans this weekend and didn't batter an eyelid. :smiley-love029.gif: For Dion this is a wonderful achievement as one of them was even a postman (that orange jacket is usually extra 'terrifying'!). You go, Dion! :D :D

Dion's the absolutely best cuddle monster & I can't wait for him to be homed.

I have my paws firmly crossed that Dion's time will come very soon to find his forever home. He's in desperate need of it & would just make the best companion.

SaraC

Post by SaraC » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 pm

It's no secret that Dion has a huge fan club in Chessington kennels & Dion keeps giving more reasons for people to join the queue.

Dion is becoming more relaxed & affectionate every time I see him. This week he didn't flinch when we walked past strangers, walked perfectly on the lead & gave me lots of kisses and leg rubs along the way.

Why this boy is being overlooked I'll never understand. Dion is SO worth the effort you put in. He's got such a big heart :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif:
dion.jpg

SaraC

Post by SaraC » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:31 am

Bonus picture of Dion. :)
MAT_6226_01.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”