In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Luella

Re: Dylan Staffie DOB ?2012 Cannock Chase

Post by Luella »

Spoilt or what! Wonderful to see
Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 »

Well, 'little' Dylan has had a trying week. It turns out he doesn't like fireworks. We didn't think he would be bothered about them after all he's been through, but he doesn't like them at all bless him. We had already planned to not make a fuss about them and to carry on as normal as though nothing was happening but he couldn't help it. He doesn't get in terrible state like some dogs do, but he trembles for ages when they are going off. He shakes from head to toe and won't leave our side. It's like he's glued to us.

I was cross last night because it was 10th and we went around the block at only about 5.00pm before his dinner and they started going off around us while we were out. He got all upset and just wanted to run back to the house.

So to make up for it he went for a lovely long walk this morning while it was quiet……….and fell in the canal!! He was rolling on his back in some fox poo quite close to the edge and when he jumped back up again his back leg went in the water, he lost his footing and went straight in.
I know we shouldn't laugh but 0002.gif]

It was high drama when he got out - he was huffing and puffing about it. So he's had a big love with his Dad on the sofa when they got back to make up for it, despite being a bit soggy 0002.gif] 0002.gif] 0002.gif]
dad 1.jpg
dad 3.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh Dylan, you pudding! The fireworks are hated by us all, but happy you are listening to them from a nice home, not scary kennels. Love ya xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

I will always enjoy reading the further adventures of a dog called Dylan.
Sorry Dylan, but I would have laughed too if I had been there when you fell in the canal. It should teach you not to roll in fox poo but I don't suppose it will make a blind bit of difference!
Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 »

Dylan’s had a strange old week. His Dad has been away to Sri Lanka for a week with the cricket. I had the time of work so that I was at home with him. So it was just me and him for 7 days. He was listening out for him for the first couple of days and then went very clingy. He was following me everywhere like a shadow.

I absolutely loved the week! love4.gif Going for lovely walks and cuddling on the sofa with my book. He even coped with visitors coming to the house that he had never met before. One friend called him a “cuddle monster”. That’s a good description of Dylan – The Cuddle Monster. He would be cuddled all day if we were available! He loves it! He won’t let you stop either. If you stop stroking him or cuddling him he’s up again nudging you and trying to get his head under your arm.

He’s funny because if you are doing something that takes your attention away from him he gets fed up. I do a lot of embroidery and he hates it. Here he is trying to get my attention because I was sitting sewing…. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:

sew 1.jpg
sew 2.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

I love that Dylan is known as the cuddle monster woo.gif] !!!

When he was with us Chessington he was understandably closed off and wary of touch. So we walkers respected that and ensured he wasn’t touched where he would feel vulnerable (around his head and neck).

It makes so happy to know that Dylan knows he’s safe and loved love4.gif

And he’s looking more handsome than ever love4.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Bless him , he does love a cuddle. So nice now, that's he trusts more people. I do miss that little face love4.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
You can give him a big cuddle from me.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Beautiful photos. ..the first one he is pleading with his eyes ...mum stop sewing.... love4.gif
Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 »

Dylan does make us laugh. He has started talking to us. He started a few weeks ago. When he is lying on the sofa having a cuddle, especially a tummy rub, he starts talking. It starts as a hum like "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm" then it progresses to "Ahhhhhhhhh" and sometimes "Papaaaa pap aahhhh". And when he's really in the zone its "obble obble obble" 0002.gif]
I've actually had conversations with him! The more he talks the louder he gets.......

"Mmmmmmmmmmmm"

Oh, tell me all about it

"Aahhhhh mmmmmmmmm papa"

Oh dear, and then what happened?

"Obble obble obble mmmmmmmmmmmm" 0002.gif]

(I don't know who is more barking - me or him!)

I'm going to try and catch him on my phone and record it. Here he is about to say a few words into his microphone. Sorry it's not very clear.....
words.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”