Dylan Staffie DOB ?2012 Cannock Chase

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Staffybull71

Re: Dylan Staffie DOB ?2012 Cannock Chase

Post by Staffybull71 » Sun May 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Yes I’m just taking a small bag. There’s not much room for anything else!! 0002.gif]
Last edited by Staffybull71 on Sun May 06, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anne

Post by anne » Sun May 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Looking forward to 'postcards' from Dylan. Have a wonderful time in Cornwall.

Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi everyone, Dylan here.
I want to tell you all about my very first holiday blob6.gif]

Mom and Dad took me to Cornwall for the week and I have had such a good time. We stayed in a barn near the sea and I have been going for long walks, playing on the beach, paddling in the rock pools and running around free, miles away from everything. I have been such a good boy and I have even been walking around towns where there were lots and lots of strangers around and other dogs. I took it all in my stride and just watched everything around me. I sat quietly in café bars and beer gardens and just took it all in.

It started on Monday morning and we had a 5 hour journey. Dad drove us down to Cornwall and kept telling me I was such a good boy in the back of the car. I just slept really, but we stopped a couple of times so that I could stretch my legs and other things.
1.jpg
When we got to the barn I had a good look around and unpacked. I had all of my toys, my beds and all my food for the week. I found a better bed for the week though! I also had a good look out of the window at the lovely view that was outside.
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
We then went out for a lovely long walk and I went to the beach. I loved the sea and went straight in. I was running in and out of it. The sun was shining and it was such fun.
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
In the evening we all went out to a pub and sat in the sunshine in the beer garden. Mom and Dad seem to really like beer gardens and I saw quite a few on my holiday! I was such a good boy. They kept telling me so. I liked to just sit nicely and watch everything going on around me. I was quite tired the first evening though so I got under the chairs and had a few minutes.
10.jpg
The next day we went to a different beach which was much bigger and longer. I found my favourite thing that I loved the most. I love paddling and jumping around in the rock pools! I loved it so much that after this we went every day so I could play in them.
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
We walked around a few towns which was really tiring because there was so much going on. We went to St Isaacs, Padstow, Looe and Polperro. There were lots of silly people with dogs off the lead or dogs that were allowed to run up to me on an extendable lead. It was annoying but I was such a good boy. I ignored them all or just said hello and carried on walking.

We just wanted a quiet time after all that so went back to a quiet beach and I was let of the lead because there was no one around and we were miles away from everything. It was great! I ran free, round and round and round. There was no stopping me - I loved it so much 0028.gif I also had my ball with me and I loved trying to bury it in the sand. I also liked going in and out of the little caves along the beach.
15.5.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg

I went back into the sea afterwards to cool down because it was so sunny, but Mom makes me have my lead on when I am by the open sea because she doesn’t want me floating off to Guernsey!
19.jpg
20.jpg
I have to admit, because our days were so full of fun and so busy I had to go back to the barn and have a power nap most afternoons to recharge my batteries
snooze.jpg
So after another busy day we went to another beer garden. I really liked this one because it had a running stream and I sat watching the water flowing and everything floating around. I did get a bit interested in Dad’s beer, but had to make do with a bit of cuddle instead.
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
On our last day we chilled in the sun. Mom sat on a terrace reading but me and Dad went exploring in the rock pools. She took some photos from far away. You can see me in the distance paddling around. I also found a great big orange ball that I ran up to and would not leave alone. But I was told to leave it because it was something called a buoy not a ball!!!
24.5.jpg
24.6.jpg
This morning we got up very early and left Cornwall at 6.00am. I just slept all the way. I had had a lovely holiday but I think I was glad to be going home!!! Mom and Dad have promised to take me to the seaside again one day because I loved it so much..... woo.gif]
25.jpg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat May 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Tears in the eyes good :D

Everything and more we could ever have wished for for Dylan, what an update, :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif:

0093.gif too xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Staffybull71

Post by Staffybull71 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:27 pm

It took me ages Sarah! He's had such a good time though. It's done him really good. I can't sing his praises enough. He's such a good lad. We only left him in the mornings for about 40 minutes when we went to breakfast. He just got on his bed and waited. No chewing, no interfering with anything or going in the bin, or pinching shoes or anything (my old Staffy was a bugger for that!) He is a good as gold.

anne

Post by anne » Sat May 19, 2018 5:00 pm

just WOW!

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Sat May 19, 2018 5:18 pm

The photos say it all ...how happy does Dylan look ....just bloomin wonderful ...thank you both so much ... woo.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-dance017.gif: :smiley-dance017.gif: :smiley-bounce016.gi: 0077.gif blob.gif :smiley-gen013.gif: :smiley-gen013.gif: :panting_dog-119.gif:

jacnmrb

Post by jacnmrb » Sat May 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Oh, Dylan, this is the bestest story I have read for ages, thanks for pawing it :goodjob.gif:
You look fantastic and so happy that I’m all tearful. Love, love, love that you now have the life that you should’ve had from day one. You really are a ‘cracker’ xxxxxx

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sat May 19, 2018 7:12 pm

I am just so proud of Dylan. Love you lots my darling xxx :goodjob.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 am

What a fabulous update Dylan! I just love the photos of you looking like a surfer dude in Cornwall. Also, I have the same look on my face when I see a pint on a summers day. thumbs.gif

Glad you enjoyed you holiday bud! 0093.gif love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”