Gillespie Staffie DOB 2011 Binfield Berkshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
Elliesmum

Re: Gillespie Staffie DOB TBAss Godstone Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

One of the nicest dogs I have ever met. We only met today and I feel like I have known him forever. Such a sweetheart. Easy to walk and a fantastic dog off lead with great recall. Will "wait" for a long time as you walk away and drops the ball at your feet for a throw. Gillespie is a great big teddy bear and I love the way he looked up at me when I was walking him. Passed all other dogs without any trouble at all and sat and waited on command when a new walker passed with another dog. Very obedient. He is on my "want but can't have list" stunning, outstanding boy Kiss of love.gif
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I meant to say, nothing seems to phase Gillespie. He was very calm around other dogs and when we passed up close to three horses in a field, they all kicked off and started playing together and jumping around, he just stood and stared at them then sort of shrugged and ambled on! Whatever.....
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

The very popular Gillespie and I went out for lunch today, well an extended lunch. a quick walk before I got the gorgeous boy into the back of the car and a dog crate. He had a little moan for the first few minutes when we started driving but soon settled down and waited for the adventure to begin. I have access to a pretty quiet field so we headed there for me to try out my new extender lead and Gillespie had brought a ball along so he had something to chase. Great fun was had by both of us and once I get the hang of multi tasking I'll try to take a video too! Then a quick dry down and off to meet up with a friend for lunch.

Gillespie coped brilliantly with visiting the little cafe at Redhill Aerodrome, he was especially focused when the sausage roll appeared for sharing.

He took all the changes of scenery in his stride, watching the other guests at the cafe come and ago.
My friend had a little shopping to finish so I left Gillespie in the car for a few minutes and he settled very easily in the crate with a couple of biscuits as a reward. He certainly got the hang of jumping in and out of the boot of the car very quickly and travelled well.

He was quiet and pretty well behaved for his first outing with me and I hope to get the chance to repeat it unless Santa gives him his Christmas wish of a forever home first. :crossfingers.gif: ball1.gif
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

Gillespie and I have spent the last two days together, not overnight 'cos my cats are not dog friendly, but we went to Chartwell on Sunday for a bit of culture and today to Epsom racecourse to walk off those Christmas calories. He has been the perfect companion, meeting off and on lead dogs beautifully. He loves a tennis ball and has explored the limits of the extender lead when I've thrown it too far! His tail wags all the time and you just know he wants to get involved with any fun and games near him.

He is chilled about almost everything, huge flocks of seagulls and crows took off in front of us at Epsom and he didn't even pull towards them, he wasn't bothered in the slightest. He ignores horses although I think he might confuse ponies with big dogs and wants to play!

He has a very cute habit of looking back every so often just to make sure you are still there and that he is doing ok, sometimes he comes back to your side to snuffle your hand, give a little lick, and then he is on his way again. He kept looking to make sure my husband hadn't wandered off when we were getting too far ahead on our walk - well I was staffie powered up hills and Fraser had to manage on his own!

This boy has loads of energy and could walk for miles, he's not so keen on sitting and waiting but will do so if treats are involved or if the tennis ball is at hand to keep him occupied. Even my hubby, who is not really a dog person, took to him just a little. Gillespie needs a fun filled house with loads to keep him busy and he'll make a great and loyal companion. Fingers crossed that's not too far away. :crossfingers.gif:

IMG_0284.JPG
The 'no more sausage?' roll face
The 'no more sausage?' roll face
One of us is tired!
One of us is tired!
IMG_0280.JPG
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

This is Gillespie with his rather small stick during his day out at Chartwell.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Gillespie had his 2nd vaccination today and had a thorough check up with our vet and thumbs up ...ready for his home!

SarahW & myself took him into the paddock for a play together with his best friend Emily

EmilyGillespie08.jpg
EmilyGillespie11.jpg
EmilyGillespie04.jpg
EmilyGillespie05.jpg
EmilyGillespie07.jpg
EmilyGillespie06.jpg
EmilyGillespie09.jpg
It was definitely 'Catch me if you can!!'
EmilyGillespie10.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I love Gillespie, nothing better than a big male dog that seems to be your best friend. He met me in the kennel with a big raw bone that he proudly presented to me and when we had admired it enough, I harnessed him easily and set out into the wind and rain. It wasn't a nice morning at all but with this handsome chunk by my side made it all fine. He didn't mind the wet and loves walking in puddles. In the paddock he found the compulsory tennis ball and dropped it at my feet to throw over and over, I'm sure he would go all day. He is a gentle boy and walks really well. Back in the kennel he again showed off his bone with no possession issues. He also liked to show it to the dogs next to him haha. It was a bit of a struggle to get the harness off over a large bone but it was all in fun and he seemed to think it was a game.
image.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Another Sunday date with a gorgeous male hunk! How can you resist that face??? As usual, so well behaved and lovely manners. Met other dogs well and walked by my side with his "I love you face" on. Smashing, smashing, lovely dog. Fantastic temperament. Cannot praise him enough, I love him.
image.jpeg
Kelz

Post by Kelz »

Gillespie. A real gentleman of a pooch. Loyal, cuddly and has the kindest face in a dog that I have ever seen, that's the best way I can describe his look. And his look suits him perfectly. He gives paw whilst you fuss him to let you know that he's happy and loves where he is, right there with you. Great to walk too and it was fun watching him play alongside another kennel pal Emily. He even gives the ball when you ask for it back, I'm certainly not used to that. I pray he finds his forever home really soon xxx
Gillespie.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I have had a few sessions with Gillespie and Emily (before she headed off to her foster) in the paddock and this boy is awesome. Such a chilled happy boy. Like Kelly has sais before he really does have a kind face which matches his character. Lovely boy.
GK1.jpg
GK2.jpg
GK3.jpg
GK4.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”