Alfie JRT DOB 03.03.05 - 11.07.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Alfie JRT DOB 03.03.05 - 11.07.19

Post by xxlynne »

Alfie2.jpg
11.07.19: Hi Lynne,

Just thought I’d let you know Alfie passed peacefully yesterday in my arms at our yard surrounded by Twist and his other 4 legged friends.

Unfortunately he developed dementia which was rapidly worsening, so I could not let him suffer any further. I had a wonderful (nearly) 4 years with him and will miss him so much.

Best wishes,

Helen
Maria.jpg
Alfie's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Alfie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background:Alfie and his 2 older JRT companions lost their home when their owner died suddenly. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Alfie's life. Alfie is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Alfie was sharing a foster place with his original companion, and another terrier and 2 cats in Bletchingley Surrey. Twist was homed with her companion Alfie and they have both done really well. Sadly the families' 11 year old daughter hasn't bonded with them: Helemn their former fosterer has adopted them both

Alfie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Alfie3.jpg
Alfie5.jpg
AlfieMinnieTwist66.JPG
Alfie's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi Lynne is there anyway you could squeeze 3 elderly JRTs in whose owner has just died and noone can take them in if they go into the pound they will be put to sleep Must go in next fews days Cxx

Alfie and his 2 companions came today
Sarahk

Re: Alfie JRT DOB 03.03.05 Godstone Kennels

Post by Sarahk »

Jack Russell fans prepare to swoon :biggrin.gif:

Meet Ginny (left), Twist (centre) and Alfie (right) :D :D :D triple terrier fun :D :D :D
DSC00188.JPG
Alfie ...
DSC00251.JPG
DSC00232.JPG
DSC00204.JPG
DSC00217.JPG
DSC00236.JPG
DSC00238.JPG
DSC00253.JPG
:D

and with his friends ...
DSC00194.JPG
DSC00198.JPG
DSC00207.JPG
DSC00220.JPG
DSC00223.JPG
DSC00224.JPG
DSC00239.JPG
DSC00240.JPG
Twist found herself a lovely scent to roll in, Ginny and Alfie couldn't wait to join in !!!
DSC00244.JPG
terrier bundle !!!
terrier bundle !!!
DSC00248.JPG
Lovely older jack, who gets on well with the 2 ladies in his life !!! :biggrin.gif:
Have to say I would never have guessed his age, he's full of energy and has the look of a much younger dog

Such sad circumstances that mean these 3 well loved doggies find themselves in rescue in what should be their comfortable retirement years :(
Lots of love for you here though in Rescue Remedies :smiley-love014.gif: xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Alfie and Ginny...
image.jpg
And the trio of terriers from above :)
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Linda

Post by Linda »

What a sad story for this bonded trio. Lovely little dogs would be wonderful if someone wanted to adopt them all.....bless them xxx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Helen and I had the pleasure of taking the delightful trio for fun time in the paddock yesterday followed by a walk. All such sweet friendly little things. Utterly adorable. Love at first sight :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
xxlynne

Re: Alfie JRT DOB 03.03.05 Bletchingley nr Redhill Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Alfie's original paperwork arrived this week showing the trio were owned by their owner from puppies and Ginny could have been their mother or related ?home from local breeder over the course of several years. Alfie is 10 years old, Twist is 9 (the baby!) and Ginny is 12 years old.
Helen1971

Post by Helen1971 »

Alfie is settling in well with his companions, my terrier, three cats and two guinea pigs. He is timid but is very loving and affectionate. My three year old niece came to visit this morning and he was so loving and gentle with her. He is completely unfazed by the cats showing them no interest at all unless they run out in front of him and then he will run after them but in a playful, inquisitive way and this is a very rare occurrence. He is also being introduced to horses. He is an absolutely adorable boy who loves his cuddles, walks and food and just wants to please and be loved.
Helen1971

Post by Helen1971 »

Alfie and my niece. More photos to follow
Alfie and my niece. More photos to follow
Tim

Post by Tim »

Alfie came to Godstone to collect his new harness so we took the chance to take a photo or two of this friendly fella:

Who could resist this gorgeous face...
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-3.jpg
Someone is approaching with a treat, doesn't he look happy ;)
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
Watching his ladies have their harnesses fitted
untitled.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Great to see Alfie reserved. Keeping everything crossed for this gorgeous boy :crossfingers.gif: xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”