Sydney Staffie DOB 2013 Tadley, Hampshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Sydney Staffie DOB 2013 Tadley, Hampshire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Sydney58.JPG
Sydney needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Sydney grew up with a family with 5 children baby upwards when he was rehomed toddler was 3 years: Owner working fulltime had had no time for him. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Sydney's life. Sydney is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Sydney was in boarding kennels in Guildford awaiting his home.

Sydney is a 3 years old cuddle monster, loves his ears played with, gets scared with raised voices & hands. Sydney loves teddies & balls. Sydney is very easy to manage in kennels. Tops!

Visit Sydney's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Sydney56.JPG
Sydney586.JPG
Sydney57.JPG
Sydney83.JPG
Sydney's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Emergency Plea 5th Sept: Owner cant keep further than Tuesday morning. Transport has been arranged by close Rescue friends of ours.

We saved him and Sydney dog from a neglectful background
Background: 2-3 years old. Given to current owners in March 2015 from a family who had had him since he was a puppy. He is still microchipped to them. Owner has transfer paperwork but never sent it off so will send chip documentation with him. Sydney's previous family gave him up because they worked full time and didn't have enough time for him. They apparently had five children, aged 3 years and upwards. He was apparently fully vaccinated -

Health and wellbeing: He has an old break to his rib and another to his tail - owner was told this happened as a puppy (apparently his mother did it). He does not like his tail and feet being touched. Does not sound like he gets much exercise at all. Owner was struggling to tell me how often he is walked - she kept saying "he has a garden". Owner said she goes round the block once a day for about 15 mins (perhaps). He was walked on a half check chain. Doesn't sound like they work - they have left him once for about 4-5 hours. Owner reports that he was 'peeing a lot in the house at one point, but doesn't do it anymore, has grown out of it'.Aged 2-3. Entire. Food: Supermarket's own
Sydney1.jpg
Sydney.jpg
lolking

Re: Sydney Staffie DOB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Post by lolking »

Met Sydney yesterday and he a is small staffie boy who sadly has a wonky tail. That only adds to his charm and considering his history he walked like a dream on the lead, no pulling at all. He was very keen to explore and sniff and mark everything he could which is understandable if he hasn't been walked much. Didn't seemed particulary bothered in other dogs or people just happy to be out and about. Back at the kennels he wasn't interested in treats at all, maybe everything is too new for him. He was happy to be stroked but ensured we kept well clear of his tail. Think this little boy will flourish in RR care x
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC09558.JPG
Sydney is a beautiful boy, proper gorgeous squidgey staffie boy :D
Rich brindle coat with a lovely white chest, fur so soft you can't stop cuddling him :biggrin.gif:
And those eyes, dreamy :smiley-love029.gif:

Here's a few more pics (I couldn't stop clicking and Sydney was intrigued with the click which meant he looked at me with those big beautiful eyes which made me click some more !!!). I think Sydney looks bigger in the pics than in real life where he's quite a compact staffie boy, muscular but compact, and he's less serious than the photos suggest too, friendly smiley boy :biggrin.gif:
DSC09583.JPG
DSC09551 - Copy.JPG
DSC09556.JPG
DSC09559.JPG
Sydney was very pleased to have a cuddle from Lynne :smiley-gen132.gif:
DSC09567.JPG
DSC09569.JPG
DSC09570.JPG
DSC09576.JPG
DSC09580.JPG
DSC09582.JPG
DSC09586.JPG
DSC09551.JPG
Sydney, you are going to have so many fans young man, welcome to Rescue Remedies :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
lolking

Post by lolking »

Lovely photos of this gorgeous boy!
frankie

Post by frankie »

I met the little Sidney today . What a lovely teddy face and his wonky tail made him all the more adorable. Not sure if he has been walked much. He did pull but we were walking with Rolo RSX. and Patch RS. They have never met before so we kept them a little way apart . Think he pulled because he wanted to walk with them as he gave a little whimper if we were too far behind . Met some on lead dogs he was fine and sat and waited for them to pass. He will sit for a treat but preferred to sit on Harrys lap and take them. He wasn't interested in playing in the paddock, he was more interested in finding a way out and barking for the kennel staffs attention. Sydney has so much potential and with the right family and care he will flourish. Another brindle boy for me to love. Totally gorgeous. xxx
justyna

Post by justyna »

I met Sydney this Saturday. He is a friendly boy who greeted me with a kiss in the kennel and allowed to put harness on with no problems. We went for a walk with Stardust and Ros. He wasn't reacting to barking companion or to a horse we met on the way. Gentle on the lead, responsive to name. When got back to kennels Sydney did give me small bark after gate closed asking for more attention. He gave me last kiss and calm down. Love this boy :)
xxlynne

Re: Sydney Staffie DOB 2013 Godstone Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Sydney had his 2nd vaccination today and was as good as gold. He is now in Godstone Kennels
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

I met the adorable Sydney today for the first time. Easy to harness when he had finished teasing me with it then off for a brilliant stroll round the fields. He explores the limit of the leads but I can't say he really pulls and much of the time he was by my side with his nose to the floor exploring. He is a real pleasure to be with and yet another addition to my favourites list - it just keeps growing. We eventually found a paddock for him to have a little time off lead and he sniffed his way round it, a quick roll and then a sit on my lap for cuddles. This boy really shouldn't be around too long, he is just perfect.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Sydney is such a loveable boy you can't help but love him. You get such a wonderful welcome when you go into his kennel. It's almost as if he can't believe his luck when he sees you with harness and leads. Very easy to harness and non reactive to passing dogs in the kennel block.

Loves free time in the paddock, busy exploring and well up for playing a game of ball.

A real pleasure to walk, lovely calm boy. Loves a cuddle and is very loving. I hope he finds a new family who will love and cherish him very soon xx
Chris86

Re: Sydney Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chris86 »

I'd seen him from afar and here on the forum but I walked Sydney for the first time today. For some reason I was expecting him to be bigger but he's actually quite a dinky lad :smiley-gen132.gif: Such striking eyes, I noticed that from the pics on here but they truly do stand out even more in person. Had a very nice welcome into his kennel, he sat very nicely for a treat. A little wriggly trying to clip his harness up, I think he was testing my agility :biggrin.gif:

He walks so well, using the full length of the lead but no pulling. Very inquisitive and happy to stop and sniff around. Bless him though, he doesn't seem a fan of the mud and puddles. He made a point of avoiding every puddle we came across and stuck to the edges of the paths away from the sticky mud :lol:

All in all a nice walk, Sydney is a really nice boy!
20151030_114606-1.jpg
20151030_114530.jpg
20151030_114618-1.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”