Tazz Staffie DOB TBAss - Gloucestershire

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Captainbeaky

Re: Tazz Staffie DOB TBAss - Gloucestershire

Post by Captainbeaky »

Also, he is really clever - he picks things up so quickly.

He is the first dog I have ever walked that sorts itself out when the lead gets tangled in his legs...

And he has already worked out how to tell us he needs to go for a pee.

His bark is funny though!!
Dani

Post by Dani »

Lovely update on Tazz :thanks.gif:
Tim

Post by Tim »

Great start to the weekend reading this....... :D :D
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
kashers

Post by kashers »

Good boy Tazz. So pleased you are settling in and what a clever boy. Ha ha yes he does have a funny bark. Keep us updated. Love reading how he is getting on x
Captainbeaky

Post by Captainbeaky »

Hello All,

Sorry for the late posting of pics - I had a week off, and didnt get a chance to sit down and post pics on the desktop (I was too busy playing with Tazz)....

Tazz is learning new tricks, and is very receptive...
image1.JPG
He loves his toys, even some ad-hoc that are found on the walks...
image2.JPG
He has a lovely coat...
image4.JPG
And is very soft and cuddly...
image3.JPG
Overall, we are amazed at how quickly Tazz has settled with us.
He is already integrated with things in the house, and has got used to the drumbeat of what happens and when.
We have left him a few times on his own - he doesn't pine, he just goes to bed for a sleep - usually my bed!
He is settling well, and barks only at unusual noises - he is otherwise very quiet.
He seems to enjoy the quiet of the house after the noise of the kennel.

We have had friends visit with their dog - Tazz was very protective of us - he didnt like another dog encroaching on his humans!
But we were able to spend time working on this, and he has improved greatly as he settles down with us.

I had last week off work, so it was nice for both of us to be there with Tazz.

Tazz loves his walks, and has his moment sof "crackerdog", but has got less urgent for walks as he realises that he has walks twice a day, and can go outside on request (which he has already worked out how to ask for)
Saturday, he didnt want to go out for his morning walk at all, due to the rain - he preferred to stay inside snuggled up with me after a quick visit to the garden - definitely getting more relaxed!

He is extremely intelligent, and keen to learn - picks up new tricks very quickly.
Within a day, we have got him to bark on command!
He can be a bit bossy, but this is fading fast, as he realises that reasonable requests, like "go out for a pee" and "more water please" always are fulfilled.

His play drive is high (which we expected), and he is very amusing to play with - very cheeky and clever.
But he is not 100% play - he has his 20 mins of play, then settles down for a cuddle.
He does destroy toys at a reasonable rate - he likes the "knotted rope" type - but he only destroys his toys - which is fine with us.
He isnt posessive about his food either - I can take it away from him without problem.

We took Tazz to Busfest (a VW camper event) in Malvern Showground on Sunday.
Lots of sights, sounds, people and dogs - so I was watching him carefully.
He was well behaved, and got on with all other dogs, including a friends huge but silly Staffie "Odin", who towered over Tazz - they had a great time together.
Tazz welcomed all visitors to the camper nicely - he is still very "mouthy", bouncy and playful, like a puppy, and we were careful to warn anyone who approached him of this - he was well recieved by all.
The big suprise - he was so very gentle with children that approached him - his "mouthing" and bouncyiness suddenly disappeared, and he became very passive and gentle - the kids loved him.

We cannot believe how anyone could turn such a nice dog out on the streets - he is an absolute star, and so little trouble.
A huge hug of thanks to all at Staffie rescue for making it possible.

Peter & Mike.
frankie

Post by frankie »

aw that's super news am so chuffed for him x x
kashers

Post by kashers »

So happy for little Tazz. So pleased he is happy xx
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

That's fantastic to hear, little Taz is a lucky boy! :D
Captainbeaky

Post by Captainbeaky »

A quick update...

Little Tazz has become one of the family here, and has turned out to be a real cuddle monster!
He is so much fun to have around - always happy and smiling, a real joy.
He's been exploring the countryside with us, and gets on well with everyone and everything.

We think he's a bit younger than his paperwork suggests, both a vet and a local breeder that we bumped into reckon he is closer to 12 months than 2 years, and his head is starting to "split" noticeably now, and he's losing a little of his "puppyish" looks, and filling out - or perhaps we are treating him too much ( quite likely)! His fur is lightening a shade too.

He looks so different now than his original picture, when he looked thin and scared - he is now so much happier and content.

The cold weather is coming, and Tazz gets even more cuddly, and is so happy sitting in between us on the sofa watching TV.

One funny thing happened the other day - we have a 1st floor patio deck, that doesn't have a well protected edge, that is about 9ft above the lawn. Never had any problems with previous dogs - who enjoyed the elevated platform to bark from - but Tazz is not like previous dogs!
He wanted to go to the garden to do his business, so rather than ask us to let him out, he decided to take matters into his own hands. He jumped over the edge, slid down the 2ft of tiles, and launched himself off the edge to land perfectly on the lawn, do his business, and then looked up to try and work out how he would get back up, no worse for his little excursion. Agility training is definitely on the cards! he is so agile, it's amazing.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, and will probably be woken up by Tazz wanting his morning walk at first light.

Again, so many thanks to all at Staffie Rescue for bringing little Tazz and us together.

Peter & Mike.
Tim

Post by Tim »

What a lovely update - I can imagine the look on your faces watching Taz doing his agilty jumps :)
Tim
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”