In loving memory of dogs that have passed
frankie

Re: Tazz Staffie DOB TBAss - Gloucestershire

Post by frankie »

wow Tazz could do Free Running so good to know he is doing well .xxxx
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Gorgeous update of a gorgeous boy. so lovely to hear he has settled so well. little monkey doing his acrobatics!!! Thank you so much for giving this little boy so much love xxx
Captainbeaky

Post by Captainbeaky »

The pic isn't great - but here he is!
image.jpeg
Currently snoring softly and having his little doggie dreams of running in the fields...
He is a little bright eyed gem!
kashers

Post by kashers »

Loved this little fella. Such a character. So pleased he is giving you so much joy. He is obviously very much loved! Thanks for the update. Always lovely for us to hear x
Dani

Post by Dani »

Great update, :smiley-gen132.gif: to Tazz.
Captainbeaky

Re: Tazz Staffie DOB TBAss - Madeira

Post by Captainbeaky »

Hello All at Staffie Rescue.

I thought I'd post an update of our wonderful Tazz and let you all know that he is in rude good health, and loving every minute...

Mainly due to my poor health, We decided to Emigrate to Madeira at the end of 2016, and (of course) Tazz came with us.
IMG_2358.jpeg
IMG_3191.jpeg
We were initially worried about putting him on the plane, but he took it all in his stride, and had no worries at all - he didn't even soil his crate!

He's become quite a celebrity, as Staffies are very rare in Madeira, also there are very few "pets", with dogs often left in a back garden, or chained up as "guard dogs". Its unusual to see such a dog walking properly on the lead and so well behaved.
IMG_3184.jpeg
IMG_2829.jpeg
He's made a lot of great friends out here (both human and his special doggie friend - a ridgeback doberman cross called Simba), and has become a true ambassador for the staff breed.

In all pubs and restaurants in Portugal, dogs aren't supposed to be allowed in, but all our usual restaurants welcome him in, and bring out a bowl of water and some leftovers for him - he's so well behaved.
IMG_2838.jpeg
IMG_2831.jpeg
We take him on regular long Levada walks, which he loves, and also we take him when we go cycling in the mountains. We are absolutely knackered at the end of a 12 mile ride, but Tazz is running circles around the car to burn off a bit more energy! He enjoys a splash in the sea too.

He is as cuddly as ever, and can often be found either on (or occasionally in) my bed!
IMG_0355.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg
He also likes the occasional dust bath!

He's become such a wonderful companion - thank you to all at Staff Rescue for making it possible...
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh how lovely to see Tazz again. What a life he's leading and so proud he is setting such a fine example. Please keep him safe and thank you for the fine update 0093.gif :havefun.gif: blob6.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Fantastic life for a beautiful dog.
Sounds like an idyllic life for you all When I visited Portugal many years ago there were many packs of stray dogs , it was heartbreaking to see. It sounds as if thankfully this is no longer the case .
Captainbeaky

Post by Captainbeaky »

The stray dog issue is getting a lot better of late.

They recently passed a law requiring dogs to be microchipped, with some decent fines if you didn’t, and they are clamping down on poor dog treatment too, and holding owners responsible for bad dog behaviour, but there are still a lot of dogs not walked and locked “on the patio”...

It’s funny, but I semi retired due to the after effects of viral meningitis, but I now run a small engineering business out here, and I seem busier than ever!
The biggest bonus I spent that I can work when I have energy and rest when I don’t.

Taz gets on well with pretty much all dogs, and doesn’t spuriously bark - when he barks, there’s something wrong, or someone’s at the door. His special friend Simba is also a rescue, and they love running, playing and hanging out together. They make a nice couple...
Captainbeaky

Re: Tazz Staffie DOB TBAss - 24.09.20

Post by Captainbeaky »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sad news, I'm afraid.

Our beloved Tazz died in my arms a few days ago after a very short illness.
We are devastated - he was only about 7 years old, and prior to this, was the picture of rude health!
He didn't suffer, just faded away in my arms.

He was so incredibly fun, energetic and loving - he will be sorely missed by all who loved him and leaves a big hole in our lives.

Many thanks to everyone who was involved in getting him off the streets and into our arms - without you, the amazing and fabulous 5 years we had with him wouldn't have happened.

Thank you so much.

Peter & Mike.

Note - in the pic - he's not too happy - he used to get constantly attacked by the kitten!
IMG_7645.jpeg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”