Tanni Standard Poodle DOB 2013 - October 22

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Tanni Standard Poodle DOB 2013 - October 22

Post by xxlynne »

Lucille.jpeg
Tanni.jpg
Current Status: Homed
Tanni's Story: Tanni came to us in 2015 after she was found abandoned and full of milk, probably having been repeatedly been bred from. Her dog warden could not locate her family. We homed Tanni, and she lived with two small dogs since June 2015 - an elderly Pekingese, and a Poodle. She has also accommodated a Yorkie joining her pack. Her owners since have both had total knee replacements, but Tanni's energy is still lively, and has caused them pain. Tanni has, on occasion, bullied her small doggie companions. Tanni needs more stimulation and a higher exercise regime, so her energy can be directed more positively. Tanni is fully vaccinated, spayed and chipped. She was homed and then became foster in Hockley whilst we searched for her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days..

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Lucille18.jpeg
Lucille40.jpeg
Tanni's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Can you help with a poodle her time is up 26th so pound will hold Constance the Staffie so both can go together. Poodle is approx 2yo, poor girl has been used as a breeding machine, underweight and full of milk still, lovely girl but nervous of her surroundings, no aggression with her at all.
Sarahk

Re: Tanni Std Poodle DOB 2013 Coming Wednesday 27th

Post by Sarahk »

OMDog indeed, just the most beautiful gentle girl who you just have to cuddle :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg
Tanni had quite a welcoming committee :0)
Tanni had quite a welcoming committee :0)
image.jpg
image.jpg
Bless this sweetheart she was quite uncertain when off lead in the paddock and really did just want to stay close to us, don't think she's ever known freedom like that. Rest assured Tanni life gets loads better from here sweet one :smiley-love014.gif:

More pics to come :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re:Tanni Std Poodle DOB 2013 Coming Wednesday 27th

Post by Sarahk »

I met Tanni back at mine as we feared the rain would continue and we wouldn't be able to get any photos of the wee lassy. Well, once inside and after an initial shy hello, Tanni made herself very at home :D
DSC06360.JPG
DSC06359.JPG
Isn't she utterly GORGEOUS :smiley-cool11.gif:
Infact she went so well with my furnishings that I almost dognapped her on the spot ;)

Here she is saying a big thankyou to Lynne for saving her and we told her she has soooo much love to look forward to :biggrin.gif:
DSC06362.JPG
DSC06366.JPG
DSC06364.JPG
DSC06365.JPG
Having tried the sofa in the conservatory she decided to move onto the one in the lounge !
And very good Tanni looked there too :D
DSC06370.JPG
Quite like this said Lucille !!!
Quite like this said Lucille !!!
DSC06381.JPG
DSC06376.JPG
DSC06380.JPG
DSC06375.JPG
Tiring work this posing for the camera :lol:
DSC06385.JPG
DSC06372.JPG
How gorgeous would your sofa look with Lucille draped across it ;)

And a couple more shots for good measure :biggrin.gif:
DSC06387.JPG
DSC06386.JPG
Tanni is endearing, trusting, loving and gentle and a very super special girl that deserves her happy ever after, I don't think your home can be far away stunning girlie :crossfingers.gif:
Elliesmum

Re: Tanni Std Poodle DOB 2013 Coming Wednesday 27th

Post by Elliesmum »

What a lovely dog! The photo of Lynne with her brought tears to my eyes, says it all.
Also, the fan behind Lynne makes her look like she's got a halo.......very fitting :D
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
xxlynne

Re: Tanni Std Poodle DOB 2013 Hockley Essex

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Tanni met Sue, Eddie and one of their sweet pack Timmy came today. Tanni really liked them and showed what a lovely gentle girl she truly is
LucilleHomed4.jpg
LucilleHomed1.jpg
Home please
Home please
...by now Tanni will be enjoying her very own garden, with her little friends and walks with Eddie.
goodvic2

Re: Tanni Std Poodle DOB 2013 Hockley Essex

Post by goodvic2 »

(Since returned)

Dear Vicki

Thanks for setting up our meeting with Lynne and the Tanni as Ed felt he wanted her to think of us as a new start.

She travelled home in the back of the car with Ed as good as gold. We let her meet our resident little ones which she did with respect - they just sat in awe! ! and had a nice warm bath (early I know but boy did she pong bless her) which she enjoyed and laid in the bath while I soaped her up!! Then a lovely meal and a good nose around the garden and the house. She perused around during the evening between naps and overnight slept in her bed downstairs not a peep and no accidents.

This morning she's been straight out and done what she needed then back in to her bed. I know it's early days but things are looking very good. The main thing is she's not all over the little ones ..but the Pekes love her and are already in her 'gang'!

I'll send an update and join the forum when I get a chance as we are keeping an eye on things here for a bit but Eddie is over the moon with her and I'm smitten too.

Thanks again Vicki and do feel free to pass on to Lynne as I only sent a quick message by text as I don't have her email address.

Very best wishes

Eddie Sue Timmy Pip Poppy Kitty Inky and Tanni xx
Soo34

Re: Tanni (Lucille) Std Poodle DOB 2013 Hockley Essex

Post by Soo34 »

(Since returned)

Just a quick update on Tanni....

Well she's settled in unbelievably well as we are now in mid July and not a bit of mess or chewing etc etc - we expected something at least! She has her two long walks daily with my husband and has a good run and meets the local wildlife Inc badgers and foxes. If she meets a new creature she sits bolt upright and just looks and looks!

She is being spayed on Friday this week so no more puppies for Tanni and no more times when she's confined to quarters! It will be a worry having her at the vets all day as she's been with us continually apart from a few hours here and there.

She's finally found her voice too and warns people knocking at the door that we have a massive dog in the house which we find quite reassuring after having small dogs for a few years now. The two BIG woofs ensures potential burglars that she's here now and 'don't try anything matey'!!

People we've met are amazed that if fate hadn't intervened she may now no longer be living at all. But she's hopefully got years ahead of her to really live a good life with a nice butcher on hand for big bones and the treats of a chicken drumstick or thigh here and there!
2015-07-21 11.05.53.jpg
2015-07-21 11.06.51.jpg
2015-07-21 10.59.34.jpg
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Tanni Standard Poodle DOB 2013 Hockley Essex Foster

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Tanni has come back on our books.
xxlynne

Re: Tanni Standard Poodle DOB 2013 Watford, Herts

Post by xxlynne »

Tanni met Jill and Charles today and their very lovely Standard Poodle Rosko. Everyone is joyous and Tanni will have a wonderful new life.
Sarahk

Re: Tanni Standard Poodle DOB 2013 Watford, Herts

Post by Sarahk »

So pleased for Tanni, this girl made a big impression on me, so pleased she’s going to be treasured in her happy ever after xxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”