Lizzie Crossbreed DOB ?2012 - 11.11.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Lizzie Crossbreed DOB ?2012 - 11.11.20

Post by xxlynne »

Lizzie14.jpg
Sadly Bachi and Karolina Lost the wonderful Lizzie due to a brain tumour. They did everything they could and we praise them for that...but their love was immense and tried to give Lizzie the chance to free herself ...she left having gained her wings.
Lizzie.jpg
Lizzie's Thread below:
Lizzie 6.jpg
Current Status: HomedLizzie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Lizzie was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Lizzie waited over a year for her Rescue place we think purely on the fact she is a lurcher cross and looks bigger then she actually is and being a crossbreed Rescues had little to reference ref breed attributes, and she has a lump on the top of her head which is just fluid which we had explored and drained. Now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Lizzie was fostered in South London, and then in boarding kennels near Guildford.

Pretty Lizzie is a lovely crossbreed who will keep you guessing & in that way she is uniquely her own person. Fostered in with first time dog owners who have learnt to give her confidence thru the lead. If handler nervous she becomes nervous. Engaged with cats so only pet status. Spent over a year in kennels waiting for a Rescue place & now waits for a Rescue home. So gentle. Special companion

Visit Lizzie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Lizzie24.jpg
Lizzie 48.jpg
Lizzie 49.jpg
Lizzie's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Lizzie Labrador x. Truly beautiful 5 year old girl- been in the Norfolk pound for over a year X C
Lizzie03.jpg
Lizzie04.jpg
Lizzie came into to our Care today 13th May 15
chinquest

Re: Lizzie Crossbreed DOB 2012 Godstone Kennels

Post by chinquest »

Met lovely Lizze today, a real sweetie. She greeted me politely and cautiously but was pleased to see the harness and almost put it on herself. A very good girl coming out of the kennel and along the kennel run then out where she greeted Anne and we waited for Tess. We had a pleasant walk, she's not a pully dog, with Anne and Tess, a hint of her own mind when she preferred not to turn round (must be some staffie in her) but easily persuaded and walked back happily. Then into the paddock where she had a cautious sniff around, declined to play ball, happily let us change her collar (not very girly but better than blue) then cheered up immensely when the treats came up. She showed us her best sit and she can give either paw :). Anne has taken some photos so I'm looking forward to that. A lovely girly who'll settle in quickly I hope.
anne

Post by anne »

here are the photos of lovely Lizzie
DSCF3696lizzie.jpg
DSCF3701lizzie.jpg
DSCF3702lizzie.jpg
DSCF3707lizzie.jpg
DSCF3710lizzie.jpg
Bertie and Pippa

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

How sweet is she. A year in the pound, beggars belief!! Are people mad? This must surely be your time now Lizzie - onwards and upwards for you sweetheart :smiley-gen132.gif:
Tim

Post by Tim »

What can I say about Lizzie but......WOW what a stunner :)

When I entered her kennel she greeted me with a waggy tail and lots of kisses, I observed that she was non reactive to the other dogs. She'd already been out for one walk today and even though it was quite warm she didn't need much persuasion ;)

She has the most fantastic coloured eyes...
untitled.jpg
And what a great stance, judges would love this if she was entered in a dog show
untitled-22.jpg
untitled-44.jpg
very very gentle when taking a treat
untitled-5.jpg
gives paw and so so trusting..
untitled-6.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
untitled-8.jpg
untitled-9.jpg
untitled-13.jpg
untitled-14.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

A year in the pound? Poor Lizzie. :smiley-sad010.gif:

What gorgeous photos of her taken by Anne and Tim. Hopefully a change of location will bring Lizzie a change in luck and her forever home won't be far away. I can't wait to meet her :)
Chapmania

Re: Lizzie Crossbreed DOB TBAss Godstone Kennels

Post by Chapmania »

Got my chance to walk our gorgeous Lizzie on Tuesday. I had a wonderful welcome as I entered her kennel. Lizzie was so pleased to be finding herself going out. She practically put the harness on herself. Lizzie was so relaxed and calm leaving the kennel block. I think she is probably the easiest dog I have ever walked. A total delight to walk and doesn't pull at all.

Lizzie had a mooch around the paddock in her own sweet way. She didn't want to play but was quite happy to follow me around. This gorgeous girl would bond very quickly with her new owners.

We had a great walk after our time in the paddock. Lizzie is great company.

There is an air of sadness with sweet Lizzie. I do hope that her forever home isn't far away so that she gets all the love that she deserves. :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
lurcher girl

Post by lurcher girl »

Her body looks like a vizsla especially how she holds her tail my friend has two ..... :smiley-gen132.gif:
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I got to meet and walk the delightful Lizzie today. She is a very gentle sweet girl. She has a wonderful vibe about her. Friendly and very calm. She had a little mooch around the paddock then headed off for a walk. So good on the lead I had to keep checking she was at the end of it! Slack-leads the whole time. Someone will be very lucky to have Lizzie is their life. Did I mention she is stunningly beautiful too! We had a sit in the shade on our walk and she came over for lovely cuddles. Wonderful girl.
liz4.jpg
liz3.jpg
liz2.jpg
liz1.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Lizzie came out for several walks today first to walk with Seamus and she was so calm and Seamus and her were soon shoulder to shoulder completely at ease in each other company. Then we went for a walk by ourselves after Seamus's solo walk and we decided to go on the housing estate The video shows just how calm & easy Lizzie is to walk she meanders a little and once you call her she needs coaxing to regain momentum. NOT a puller other than all eyes on Lizzie! Lzzie head is nearly ready for stitch removal and will soon be a distant memory

Lizzie52.jpg
Lizzie51.jpg
Lizzie53.jpg
Lizzie54.jpg
Lizzie57.jpg
Lizzie58.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”