katz

Re: Buddy Staffie DOB 2013 Cossington, Somerset

Post by katz »

So pleased to see Buddy being his happy, cheerful self x
jonjax

Post by jonjax »

Hello to all you Buddy fans,
Well, it's been a year today since Jackie and I drove to Broxbourne to meet Buddy and we're so glad we did, he's such a happy little chap, always smiling and wagging his tail, he's a real joy to have around.
Buddy's got a fairly rigid routine though, which we have to adhere to of course! he will miraculously appear from one of his many sleeping spots around the house for either food or teats or walks at pretty regular times each day, and if we don't oblige we get some very odd looks! or he may just appear to make sure that we're still there, during the night a well!
Also, he still won't go out the back on his own, we think that he must have been left outside or long periods in his early life so he's
still a bit insecure, but that's no problem, we just go with him, wet weather gear when necessary!
He's definitely getting better with other dogs, we've had a couple of sessions with a dog behaviourist and she gave us lots of tips on what to do when we meet other dogs on our walks, which does involve treats of course, and they seem to be working OK, but it's all part of his insecurity which we accept and deal with, we wouldn't do anything else!
Buddy really just loves people though, wherever we are someone always wants to say hello and he's always very willing to say hello back, and they all say what a very handsome dog he is, which of course I have to agree with!
He's got a lot better with children now as well, he's great with our two Grandsons now, he wasn't too sure when he first met them, again we think he must have been pulled about by children when he was a puppy, so he was wary of small people.
We're of to the vets tomorrow for his booster and he won't leave the surgery until Jim,our vet, gives him a biscuit, then on Friday it's a real treat because Emma is coming to visit, we haven't told Buddy, we want it to be a surprise! and I'm sure Emma will post
some pics, I'm afraid I'm not very good at doing that.
We'll say goodbye now and do another post soon,
Love to you all,
Jackie, John and Buddy love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
katz

Post by katz »

What a wonderful update! Thank you, it is music to our ears to hear how very much loved Buddy is and how well he is doing under your loving care. Happy gotcha day Buddy - we miss your kisses and waggy tail! Maria & Andy xxx
EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

Woo hoo can't wait til tomorrow !!! xx
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Lovely update on Buddy, Emma can you take some pics please! :havefun.gif:
EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

Pics, vids, the works !!!! Between cuddles of course ! xx
EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

Well hello Buddy fans !! I am way, way, way overdue on this update for the gorgeous Buddy so apologies for the delay!! In September I once again ventured down to the land of cheese and Cider to see our beautiful boy, and of course the fabulous John and Jackie !

I got a cracking welcome from Buddy, he was all wags and excitement with lots of kisses which was fab love4.gif

We had a lovely lunch and catch up, where I got the low down on what a good boy Buddy is and how much he is loved which truly warmed my heart. Buddy is at his happiest chilling out at home and having a potter round his lovely garden with his amazing mum and dad.

Here are some snaps of the wee man himself so you can see what a happy, healthy boy he is:
sit_opt.jpg
cute paw_opt.jpg
Budster on the move:

Back for a cuppa and a cuddle:
kisses_opt.jpg
layingdown_opt.jpg
And as good as my cuddles are, I'm sure the best bit for Bud was cuddles with Mum and Dad of course!
mum n dad_opt.jpg
dad cuddles_opt.jpg
John and Jackie, thank you with all of my heart for taking this boy in and giving him the loving home he so deserved, I know Buddy sleeps well as a result, and so do I.

I look forward to a catch up or two with you all in 2019!!
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Lovely to see you Buddy boy, looking good too. thumbs.gif :havefun.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”