Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Dogs that have found their forever home
Deborah

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Post by Deborah »

Miko had a walk then a play in the garden with my colleges female Labrador Kensie. He tried to hump her to begin with then he was chasing her and barking at her trying to get her to play but she was more interested in playing fetch. After a while she told him off and he was much more gentle after that. He was so much better behaved than I expected and he showed absolutely no aggression. I've put a videos on facebook.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

It's been a while since I've done an update. Miko is doing very well still. We bought him a boomer ball but he doesn't play with it in the same way he did in the kennels. He has calmed down a lot. Except in the snow. He loved playing with the boomerball in the snow and licking the snow off it. I threw him some snowballs to catch which he loved too. I've just started running with him. At the moment I'm alternating between walking, where he gets to sniff about and running. I started off running at his speed but had to slow down! lol.gif. He doesn't like staying out in the garden on his own and likes following the sun and sneaking onto our bed when we are out.
Miko2.jpg
Miko3.jpg
Miko6.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Lovely pictures of Miko, especially with his mum! He is looking wonderful. I fell for this boy when I walked him and often think of him so it is lovely to see updates on him. Please pass on a cuddle from me! Thank you Deborah and Andrew for making Miko's life so wonderful, even providing him with snow for his boomer ball!! :D :D
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Miko now happily wears his muzzle. It takes two people and lots of treats to put on but once it's on he is not bothered by it. Hopefully soon I'll be able to put it on on my own.
miko7.jpg
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Miko had a week's holiday at Andrews parents while we went on holiday and he enjoyed the company and walks. Miko is very good at putting his muzzle on now. He puts his nose in it and lets me buckle it up without the need for treats. It means we have been going to the park which always has a lot of dogs. Yesterday they were bouncy and miko wanted to run with them but couldn't, being on a lead. Today we had a lovely walk and met lots of calm off lead dogs that let miko sniff them which he did with a waggy tail. He especially liked a big Labrador and big white German shepard.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update ....well done to you for bringing him on so far :goodjob.gif: thumbs.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:nicethread.gif: 0093.gif Great to hear that Miko is doing so well. Lucky boy having his own holiday thumbs.gif xx
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

We went on a group canicross run today and loved it. Miko was a bit unsure at the beginning when there were so many dogs and he was leaning right into me. He got told off by a few dogs that he went to a bit too exuberantly. Then we went off on a beginners run with just 5 of us. Miko was good at pulling and just had to be at the front of the pack. He ran most of the time next to a husky type dog. We had a great time and now he is fast asleep.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Brilliant update ..... :nicethread.gif: :thanks.gif:
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Miko is enjoying the garden now the days are longer and warmer. He loves our next door neighbours and they love him. Well, maybe not their dog shannon who is a bit scared of him, though Miko hasn't done anything. Normally Shannon goes inside when Miko was out in the garden but yesterday he was brave enough to stay outside. Miko did a play bow towards him and Shannon backed away slowly. We have been on a few park runs which we love. Miko gets a bit nervous/excited but is happy once he is running and runs alongside other dogs of all sizes no problem. He wants to be at the front of the run, and would be if he wasn't attached to me, so he pulls me along the course. He gets quite hot so we take a few breaks in the stream and dyke for a drink and sometimes a lie down. Soon it might be too hot to take him. Even with thesse breaks we keep beeting our PB and got a time of 33 minutes yesterday. Later this afternoon I'm going to walk an elderly couple's dog with Miko. Mikey is a calm, dog friendly 11 year old Westie. Hopefully they can be friends and Miko can be better socialized with small dogs. We keep reptiles. We started off by keeping them completely separate. One day I was in the reptile room with our bearded dragon and Miko was in another room. I had the door open but I thought I was blocking the exit. The dragon got past me and I called for it to wait (I was thinking it was a dog for a second) which just made it run faster. It went into the room Miko was in and I panicked and shouted leave it to Miko. Miko was sat on the Sofa wagging his tail nervously. I don't think he had even noticed the dragon. I felt guilty for shouting so I sat with the dragon on my hand stroking Miko and Miko took no notice of the dragon. Since then I've handled my reptiles more around Miko and he is only mildly interested in them.
miko1.jpg
Miko2.jpg
Miko3.jpg
Miko4.jpg
Miko5.jpg
Miko6.jpg
Miko7.jpg
Miko8.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”