Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Dogs that have found their forever home
Nurse Flo

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

image.jpeg
My friend Miko took me off for a lovely walk to Loseley House today. He was happy and calm and walked very nicely on a loose lead. He really is great company, sooooo engaged with his human and soooo deserves a forever human friend.
nkjordan

Post by nkjordan »

I spent half an hour in the paddock with Miko today. He really likes football! We played for ages, though he seems to be something of a diver.

After he had played a bit of ball, he was very keen to sit and have some fuss. Miko is a really friendly boy who is heaps of fun.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

He loves that boomer ball doesn't he? I bet he is thinking surly if I throw myself onto it I'll be able to break it. lol. Last summer I had to take the treat ball dixie used to play with off him when I realized he could fit his jaw around it. Even though he has having fun he let me take it off him.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

If I was looking for an only dog I'd have Miko in a shot, he's just magnificent. He works hard for praise and reward and is the most loving boy you'll ever meet.
snuffles
snuffles
Lap time
Lap time
mooore lap time
mooore lap time
Just gaaaaaaaaaawjus
Just gaaaaaaaaaawjus
JenG

Post by JenG »

Miko made a new friend today - new walker Gabriela joined us on our walk. Miko is such an exited boy in his kennel, all he wants to do is play with you and help you get his lead and harness on so that you can get on with the walk! Out on our walk Miko walked at my side, and is so patient at crossing the road. We walked up a lovely quiet lane and Miko enjoyed the new smells! Stopping for cuddles, Miko knew he had to impress the new lady so he sat at Gabriella's feet and gave her a lovely hug and enjoyed strokes and treats. This boy is such a "people dog"....he delights in human contact and praise and loves cuddles and strokes. On a walk he is always looking back at his walker, checking to see if all is okay and that he is being a good boy....he just loves to please his humans. Miko needs special forever humans to step forward and give him the home he so deserves, everyone who meets him falls in love, a big softy at heart!
Binkie171

Post by Binkie171 »

Had a lovely walk with Jen and Miko yesterday. Seeing how bouncy Miko is in his kennel, I expected him to be a handful out on a walk, so the big boy gave me quite a surprise. Despite being - understandably - very excited to get out and about, he mostly walked on a loose lead and whenever it tightened up, he either self corrected or responded to the calm commands of Jen. We had a couple of short breaks, one after walking up a small hill, where Miko let me breathe it out and happily sat on my foot for some scratches and cuddles. He likes his treats and sits so well for them and takes them ever so gently. What a beautiful boy!
Sitting so well for his treat!
Sitting so well for his treat!
No judgement here on me being so unfit, Miko just sat on my foot and let me give him cuddles and scratches before we set off again
No judgement here on me being so unfit, Miko just sat on my foot and let me give him cuddles and scratches before we set off again
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Lovely photos, Miko is not as scary as he looks in his kennel when he is excited. He is really a big soft teddy bear. :smiley-love014.gif: So glad you gave him the opportunity for him to show you what a good boy he is.
JenG

Post by JenG »

Miko is getting quite a fan club Deborah! He also enjoyed cuddles from Mark on Saturday when we returned to kennels! Oh and I hear that he is off on an adventure very shortly....!? Xx
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Yes, Miko is coming with us to stay in a cottage in Cornwall for a week. I can't wait, do you think he will like playing on the beach? I've got an extra long training lead as he has to stay on-lead on site, and I bought a 2 ended trixie lead which I like using with Dixie for a headcollar. Maybe I'll borrow a selection of headcollars from the kennels to see if Miko gets on with any of them. Making final arrangements this week. Just hope there aren't too many other dogs around.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Miko had a lovely holiday with us.

There was a lot of traffic on the way to Cornwall so he was in the car for 6-7 hours. He loves travelling in the car. He spend most of his his time looking out of the back window at people in other cars. He also lay down, chewed(but didn't destroy) his bed and looked out the front and occasionally sighed. I think he is more patient in traffic than we are!

We arrived at the campsite in the evening and we wheelbarrowed our luggage to the cabin with Miko hands-free on the waist harness with ease. We met the owner at the cabin who, thought Miko looked like a lovely dog. We walked him around the beaustiful grounds and he got some cuddles from some of the other visitors. He slept well in his crate the first few nights. The second half of the week he was lose as we realised he was not going to make a mess. He almost always chosse to eat his dinner after midnight. Unlike most rescue dogs I know he never seems to finish his bowl, I think he is always saving some for later.

We went for lots of long walks down the lane, into the village and through the valley in the first couple of days and Miko rolled in something smelly so we gave him a wash in the garden and he smelt much nicer and was more white. He quite enjoyed his wash, especially rubbing the soap in. It was quite hot so I think he appreciated cooling down. The valley we walked him in was very quiet and any dogs that were being walked were all under control. Miko saw dogs and pulled towards them but didn't have any stressful experienced with off lead dogs. A couple growled at him when he was pulling towards them, but that was all.

We took him into a seaside village and some formal gardens but there was always too many other dogs so the second half of the week he stayed in the cottage. He is very happy being left. He liked the peace and quiet. The first few times we left him in his crate to go shopping. When we went to the eden centre we left him 6 hours and I was a bit worried how he would be. He had esacped his crate (we had only done one latch) and was lying on his favorate mat. The gardener did some weeding while we were out and said he looked very peaceful and happy, admiring the view. Very different to kennels where he jumps up barking! From then on he didn't go back in his crate and we left him to visit anywhere touristy.

On friday he met a calm, friendly west highland terrier bitch who was staying in the campsite. Her owner had gone to the loo and left her waiting outside with the lead on the floor. Andrew walked past the toilet block with Miko and she came through the bushes to see him. Andrew waited then tried to bring Miko indoors. I saw out of the window andrew dragging miko away from a terrier and I ran out to scare her away. She just looked at me calmly so I picked up her lead and stormed off to find her owner. I told her owner that she should not have been lose and I have a large dog that could have easily hurt her dog. She apologised and said her dog had never wandered off before. It was a postive interaction for him to meet such a calm terreir as Miko is used to yappy, agressive terriers that really get him wound up. Miko was not at all agressive and andrew gave him lots of fuss and a bit of liver while I was talking to her owner. I wanted to go back and explain when I was calm but we never saw them again.

I bought Miko lots of durable toys but he didn't play with them that much and didn't destroy them. I videoed the few times he played. He has minutes long mad moments then is exhausted for at least an hour. It was very funny.

He seems well trained around food as he lays down most of the time when we eat. He responds very well to "back off" (or something similar sounding) "waiting" and "ah". We had lots of BBQs and he avoids them. I think he is scared of fire. Bec

We travelled home in the early morning to avoid traffic. We went to our flat to unpack and Miko settled down on the foor as we ate some sandwiches. Then we headed back to guildford. Miko was not happy to go back into kennels but I know he will be getting lots of cuddles from some of his walkers today.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”