Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Miko16.jpg
Miko needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Miko would benefit from an experience dog family who can reassure and support him. Miko needs to be respected with toys or food as does show a little preciousness in kennels though wasn't a feature in a home. Miko needs to be muzzled outside as he can get overexcited seeing cats or small fluffy dogs: Waist belt help the walker to manage NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Miko was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. The dog warden knew the family who he came from, he was living with 3 young children, no other details. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Miko's life. Miko is now neutered, chipped, wormed and fully vaccinated. Miko is currently in boarding kennels in Guildford.

About Miko: Miko is a soft Akita! His Staffie nature comes through with such love, caring and gentleness. His Akita looks and soft fur attracts all who meet him and he has become a big hit with our Rescue. He has lived with 3 small children and had one family for these years. Miko is better to live with respectful older children, or supervised with visiting children. Miko travels well and always uses every opportunity to be close and adores cuddles.

Miko is a 3 years old medium sized dog with striking looks and a softness of temperament that shines through. Miko has a slight preciousness about bones & adores his food so hence family should be aware, not tease, and build up trust in a non threatening way. Hence only dog and an awareness around children just in case they are too intrusive until he learns to relax knowing his items are safe and not going to be taken from him.

Visit Miko's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Miko5.jpg
Miko9.jpg
Miko23.jpg
Miko's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral 14.01.15: Hi Lynne do u have space for a lovely akita cross SBT, 3yo, dog friendly, lived with 3 small children prior to being picked up as a stray, really nice temperament, he is now out of time and is at risk of being put to sleep by the end of today. sharons
Miko.JPG
aloepeter

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 North Eng pound

Post by aloepeter »

WOW!!!
Rummibailey

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 North Eng pound

Post by Rummibailey »

Just what I was thinking, lovely boy!
Lindaemmans

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Lindaemmans »

Hi I helped transport Miko and was wondering how he is doing. He is beautiful, but seemed a sad boy when he left me. :( Hope he is doing well. Linda
staffylevi

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 Godstone Kenns

Post by staffylevi »

What a gawjus lad Miko is. When we picked him up from Broxbourne today Adam had just bathed him and he was all fluffy and lovely. We were taking him to Godstone along with Sammy staffy. Miko as big as he is decided to sit on my lap most of the way; white fur flying everywhere due to him having just been bathed. Every now and then he would throw his head back into mine and lift his paw onto my arm coaxing me to give him a tummy rub. He's such a gentle lad and took biscuits very nicely indeed. He travelled great in the van which is more than I can say for me with a big lump on me lap... but eh! I didn't mind I just enjoyed some wonderful Miko cuddles. :D :smiley-gen132.gif:
Can't wait to see the pics Tim. :)
Doin' it for the staffies ...
Tim

Post by Tim »

untitled-2.jpg
I'd like to start off and apologize in advance for the number of photos I've uploaded but this fella is Amazing ! - he is such a friendly friendly boy.

He is a real peoples person and has certainly got an eye for the women ;) , from the minute we went into the paddock he didn't leave Rachel's side, I don't know if he just wasn't confident in his new surroundings but as time went on he started exploring the paddock and was running and jumping to his hearts delight.

He's certainly a fun dog to be with and he's so so happy. We love him to bits :smiley-love029.gif:

We can't believe what a great dog like Miko is doing in kennels - I think the Godstone walkers will be throwing a sickie at work this week so they can get to meet him ;)
untitled-3.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
This was Miko less than 10 minutes after we'd met him - how trusting is he :)
untitled-7.jpg
Kisses for Rachel
untitled-8.jpg
Enjoying the sun
untitled-9.jpg
Play time ;)
untitled-18.jpg
untitled-19.jpg
untitled-20.jpg
I love this photo - how happy does he look...
untitled-12.jpg
Bless him - he started to fall asleep
untitled-16.jpg
untitled-14.jpg
untitled-15.jpg
These were taken at the end of the paddock where there's a 2 ft fence (think it was the rabbit paddock?)
untitled-21.jpg
untitled-222.jpg
untitled-23.jpg
We didn't want to put him back :( -

He was introduced to Debbie and Barry popped over to say hello.
I walked him into his new home and sat with him for five mins or so just giving him a cuddle and left him to have his afternoon tea.
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Rummibailey

Post by Rummibailey »

Wow! I thought he looked lovely from the initial photo but... :shock: :D Wow! Sounds like he has the looks and the cuddly temperament as well, welcome Miko!
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Fabulous pics Tim. As we were driving off I watched Miko with you guys in the paddock and how lovely to see such a gentle character. Let's hope he's not with us long! :D
Doin' it for the staffies ...
Tim

Post by Tim »

A short video of yesterday plus another photo of the cuddly Miko :)

untitled-24.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

The lovely Miko came to the vets today and :oops: yes it was his special day as well as 1st vaccinated and chip. What we call Snip & Chip day! He was easy to manage in the vets and quiet. Travelled well and was nose to nose through the grid with Walter the Patterdale on route to the vets and nose to nose with Benji Patterdale on return to the kennels. Sweet dreams little one.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”