Dogs that have found their forever home
mandyandmike

Re: Martha Cane Corso DOB 2010 Gosport Hants Foster

Post by mandyandmike »

How cute, love that last action shot!!
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

That last shot is fabulous - what a wonderful looking girl. You go Martha !
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

What a beauty you are Martha :smiley-gen132.gif: fingers crossed for your forever home ;)
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

Good luck gorgeous. :smiley-love029.gif:
montyjack2

Post by montyjack2 »

It's official, Martha now has a happy face, she continues to settle and gain confidence in may things and rarely jumps out of her skin. She is so laid back and once fed and walked just loves to lounge on the sofa snoring her head off.

So far she is comfortable walking along the pavement next to heavy traffic, we have walked past the school at chucking out time and again takes it all in her stride. She just kind of glides next to you on a walk like a lion and does not pull on the lead.

She hasn't met many dogs yet but the ones she has met, have received a play bow, she can be a little bit clumsy around the little dogs but not in a nasty way!!!

She has put on some weight and her hip bones dont stick out so much, all her callouses are starting to heal and get fur on them, all in all, she would make a great companion for big dog lovers x

All this playing is tiring

Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Wonderful update and great to see Martha blossoming in your loving care :thanks.gif:
montyjack2

Post by montyjack2 »

Martha is a great dog, such a lovely nature, now she has come out of her shell and trusts me, we have playing, she loves a ball, football, tennis ball you name it. She can be quite lively but will soon calm down when told, I dont know how long she spent in a basement but I am treating her like she has never seen anything and taking it very slowly.

She is immaculate in the house, even when she had a bad tum, she woke me up at 3.00 am because she was desperate for the loo, what a good girl. Also surprising, is for a Mastiff she is not very slobbery, I was expecting quite a bit but no worse than any other dog.

She is fine with you checking her teeth, claws and ears and has no issues, she does think she is a lap dog :shock: but I have convinced her there is not enough room on my small lap for a huge Mastiff x

She is quite shy of new people but as soon as she knows them she just loves being stroked, fussed and the center of attention.

There is loads more to Martha but slowly is the key as the real Martha unravels, some pics of the proud beauty !!!

A DODGY SELFIE

GIMMIE MY WOOL BACK !!!

montyjack2

Post by montyjack2 »

Not much to say about Martha, she continues to gain confidence and looks to her handler for re assurance, she trusts your decision implicitly. I have put a video of her playing with a ball in the garden, she gives the ball to you to throw, which impresses me as im used to a battle with my dog!!!

VIDEO

pics

she really is the most beautiful natured dog and for her size so easy to handle x xx
lurcher girl

Post by lurcher girl »

She looks like a different dog :thanks.gif: for all the hard work you have put into her :smiley-gen132.gif: She looks so happy :biggrin.gif:
montyjack2

Post by montyjack2 »

Time to update on Martha, she has put weight on at last and is filling out nicely, she is now used to the car and loves going out for a drive, she does not interfere with your driving just sitting still like a good girl.
For a big dog she does not take up much room, I live in a g/f flat with another Bull breed and dont feel squashed in at all, she loves her cuddles.

Most of all you get a sense of loyalty and trust from Martha, she is so easy to walk just loping beside you like a lion, the lead being so loose I rest it on her back x x

Love this girl x x

a video of Martha off lead (in a secured area)

https://youtu.be/mH-FYd8eQKU?list=UU_n7 ... kqhtjEjfmg

some pics too x

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”