Maisie Staffie DOB 12.07.08 - 19.08.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
nhelyer

Re: Maisie Staffie DOB 12.07.08 Gatwick Kenns

Post by nhelyer »

Maisie has left the building!!!! Football might not have been going home this week but Maisie WAS!!! :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Jane and Neil stayed close to Treetops overnight so they could be on the doorstep for meeting Maisie today. In fact, Jane was so excited that she woke very early, got up to walk to the kennels to be sure she knew where they were, and ended up having a chat about Maisie through the kennel gate at 6am with lovely kennel owner Linda! :D

Our own lovely Laura, Jane, Neil and Maisie all had a walk in the very hot sunshine where Maisie showed what a wonderful girl she is, complete with her usual vocal chit chat ;-), whilst also showing her nerves around strange dogs. But this is a family that really feels as if it's meant to be and Maisie will get all the love from Jane, Neil and family that she so deserves, plus that all important support when she needs it.

I'm slightly lost for words over this homing as it's been such a very, very long time coming. Heightened emotions all round and it would be true to say that Laura, Maisie's all time friend Amanda and I strangely all found ourselves with "dust" in our eyes (ahem) at the same time as we waved off our very, very special girl. Maisie for her part couldn't get into Jane and Neil's car fast enough, had a lovely long cuddle with Jane in the boot (photos to follow) and then settled herself down as if she'd been there all her life. As their car pulled out of the car park we were treated to the sight of Maisie looking back at us with THE biggest grin on her face!

To Jane and Neil ... Thank you, thank you, thank you for finding Maisie and for opening your hearts and home to this very, very special girl. She will give you her whole heart in return and we wish you all many happy and fun filled years together ... Kiss of love.gif

I'm afraid I made so many calls that my phone ran out of battery before I got home so the official homing photos will have to wait until a wee bit later. I did however manage to upload a hilarious little video of Maisie waiting to leave whilst Jane and Neil signed the adoption paperwork, so enjoy that in the meantime! As you can see, Maisie certainly knew she was GOING HOME!!!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzeJYUfEWl8
Last edited by nhelyer on Sat 14 Jul 2018 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
gsdlover

Re: Maisie Staffie DOB 12.07.08 Gatwick Kenns

Post by gsdlover »

^^^Just the best post ever^^^

Congratulations everyone....but especially Maisie ❤️

Looking forward to following her progress xx
EmmaD

Re: Maisie Staffie DOB 12.07.08 Bristol

Post by EmmaD »

Oh my goodness I am so so chuffed for Maisie Moo, thank you so much Jane and Neil !!! I love that Jane couldn't wait to get to the kennels and was talking to Linda at 6am - how perfect!!! Enjoy Maisie, youve waited and waited and now your time has come xxx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh Maisie, I'm overjoyed for you sweetheart. Lots of us love you and know what a darling, funny girl you are. I'm sorry you didn't get to live here, with us, but you gave your place to a much more needy girl, who is forever grateful. We have had so many lovely walks and cuddles together, and I will cherish those forever. Be happy Moos, and as you love everyone, that wont be hard, I know. I look forward to seeing you content in your own home and garden. Tears of joy here.
bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

THE best day ever and one I have waited for alongside Maisie for such a long time. It was so amazing being with Maisie Moo on her meeting Neil and Jane. Honestly I have had tears falling for a few days and today total and utter tears of happiness for Maisie at last. She was her happy self and Neil and Jane are wonderful people. Jane and Neil will give Moo so much love and happiness that is all I could ask for and all our Rescue asks for. Waving her off was so special with her smiling at us. I am at a loss for words too because its just AMAISING that darling beautiful happy Maisie is home. I love you my little friend you will always have a piece of my heart. The most special girl. I look forward to pics at home. Poor Moo having to listen to us singing at her!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

woo.gif] blob6.gif] woo.gif] thumbs.gif :dog_running-186.gif: [0128.gif] [0128.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-dance017.gif:
nhelyer

Post by nhelyer »

And the promised photos! love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif

Homing1v2.jpg
Homing2v2.jpg
Homing3v2.jpg
Homing4v2.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

How wonderful for Maisie! Her smile says it all - she’s going home :smiley-bounce016.gi:
AlisonC

Post by AlisonC »

WOW!! This is wonderful news !!!! Look at that smile, be happy Maisie Moo woo.gif] woo.gif] blob6.gif] love4.gif love4.gif xx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

The video made me cry! How happy did Maisie look! We rejoice in all of our homings but when it is a long stay dog it makes it that bit extra special. Maisie was a HUGE favourite and meant so much to so many of us. It really is wonderful news woo.gif] Be happy Maisie sweetheart love4.gif xxxx

blob6.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: :smiley-bounce016.gi: blob6.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”