Shadow Greyhound x DOB 2007 - 14th September 2020

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Stu

Re: Shadow Greyhound x DOB 2007 New Romney

Post by Stu »

Fantastic news I cherish memories of walking Shadow.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Absolutely fantastic news. I too cherish memories of walking Shadow - such a beautiful, friendly, gracious boy. woo.gif] blob6.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: Heart fill with love.gif]
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Shadow was a huge favourite at the kennels and we were all thrilled when he went into foster. Huge celebrations that Shadow is officially HOME with John and Sylvie :thanks.gif: to you both. woo.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif] xxxx
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Shadow has a new friend....the elderly gent, Myles. They get along really well and there have been occasions when Shadow has actually jumped onto the settee where Myles was reclining and settled down beside him. Now that doesn't sound too remarkable when other dogs are sharing the same chair or settee all the time, but it does show how comfortable each one is in the company of the other.
Shadow has been walking without his muzzle since his adoption and he is so much more relaxed. One of his walkers has found a "turf field" which nobody else uses (perhaps they shouldn't either!!) but he just loves taking advantage of the long extender, chasing back and forth and up and down, before remembering that he hasn't had a treat and comes back for a cuddle.
He does enjoy gardening, and helps Sylvie with the digging but, too often, in the wrong place and far too deep!!! I had forgotten how much he loves the sun and will settle down its rays, both in the garden and the annex, for as long as he is allowed.
We're so pleased he will remain with us, as his forever home, and his energy belies his advancing years....he is, after all, twelve, and I believe that is a good age for a greyhound X....a lovely "boy".
heleny

Post by heleny »

Thank you for such a lovely write up. I just loved Shadow and it used to sadden me when I had to put him back in his pen after a walk all those years ago. I loved the way he always greeted me with a toy in his mouth when I first went into his pen. I was used to walking the terriers and so when I started to walk Shadow I was almost humbled by his gorgeous, gracious nature and appearance. I'm just so happy he is with you. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update John thank you ...im so glad that shadow will see his days out with you and yours woo.gif] woo.gif]
As shadow is greyhound X bull he could go on another few years yet ....so pleased he has myles for company thumbs.gif love4.gif love4.gif :thanks.gif:
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Brilliant news, so lovely to hear how much Shadow is enjoying his forever home! Myles as a close companion and muzzle free running sound fantastic! thumbs.gif Perhaps Shadow wants you & Sylvie to plant more bulbs ready for next year lol.gif !!!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Shadow is looking great and was happy to have me and my dad come visit. Shadow thought dad's ears needed a clean so he got straight on the case!! 0002.gif]

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Shadow has new friends. His original companion, Myles, was rehomed yesterday so we decided to introduce him to Jackson and Kingsley today....but not how it happened!!! The door between the annex, where Shadow spent his time, and the main part of the bungalow, where Jackson and Kingsley have resided since we moved down to New Romney four years ago, was inadvertently left open when they all returned from their walk this morning. Shadow just walked through into the kitchen-diner and on into the lounge where he promptly made himself comfortable on the settee...and that was it!!!
Everyone is very happy with the new arrangement....no growling, no nothing, just lots of sniffing. True, Jackson and Kingsley have re-established their control of the settee with Shadow making himself at home stretched out across two of the dog beds on the floor, but it's all gone really well!!!
Who, on Earth, said that Shadow was not good with other dogs....I just don't agree!!!!
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Fantastic news :smiley-bounce016.gi: Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif k2727.gif wheyhey.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”