Milo Parsons JRT DOB 01.11.2011 Fareham Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Milo Parsons JRT DOB 01.11.2011 Fareham Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Milo44.jpg
Homing Requirements: Milo needs a stable family with an understanding of his terrier nature and instincts. He needs a secure garden to enjoy off lead play, and retention on an extender on his walks. Milo needs support meetings new dogs but forms doggie friends. Milo is better as an only pet despite managerie of animals he grew up with.

His Story: Milo grew up with 3 young children, and recently a baby. The baby has been too much of a challenge for him. Milo grew up with a Shepherd x and 3 cats. Milo came into us 23rd Aug 14 and is currently in boarding kennels in the Godstone Area.

Advert: Milo happy to make you Smilo! Milo comes with a full history with competencies where he was coping with an older dogs, cats and kids. He however now is looking for a routine centred around his needs, regular walks, TV dinners and support for his owners in their gardening and decorating chores! Then he could be yours!

Milo is a large Parson's JRT, just turned 3 years old. Milo grew up in a busy household and he actually has hankering for a quieter life. He grew up with cats but is very reactive to cats on sight. He can live with dogs but finds it too challenging on occasions. Milo grew up living with young children would prefer visiting only please! Milo has basically said "my second home is going centre around me, with a family who understands me as a terrier and can support me thereof". Too much to ask?

Interested in homing Milo?
Please click to complete our online homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available to foster until a 'forever home' is found.

Please visit Milo's thread on our forum to find out whether he is still available. For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, click our forum link. Milo is also featured on http://www.terrierrescue.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requires a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***
Milo26.JPG
Milo62.JPG
See Milo's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral Details: Owner contacted us stating Milo wasn't coping since the birth of the new baby and was too challenging for him. We brought him in as an emergency 1 month later.
Tim

Re: Milo Parsons JRT DOB 01.11.2011 Godstone Kenns

Post by Tim »

I first met Milo on Friday when I collected him from John F whilst I was collecting Jock from the vets and he was transferred one car to the other and off we went. Didn't make a sound in the car and just sat in the crate looking out the window. When we got to the kennels I took him in the paddock to stretch his legs for 20 mins, introduced him to a couple of the staff I then showed Milo his new bed for the night and already waiting for him was his evening meal :) .
We have a Parsons Russell and I spent Friday evening bending Rachel's ear all about Milo. Saturday arrives - Rachel and I were off to meet Milo. he greeted Rachel with a waggy tail and we we're off for a nice long walk. Wasn't fussed about the cars or the two cyclists who came a bit to close to comfort - Milo seemed intrigued when a noisy tractor went passed - he also ignored a squirrel but we're not sure if he spotted it :).

Back in the paddock we found Milo loves his ball (check out the video - link below) -certainly loves cuddles and lots of praise, an all round sweetie.
A few photos from yesterday:
untitled-1061.jpg
untitled-1055.jpg
he seemed intrigued by the noise of the camera
untitled-1066.jpg
untitled-1091.jpg
Introducing himself to Rachel - the perfect gentleman :)
untitled-1089.jpg
untitled-1074.jpg
untitled-1057.jpg
untitled-1072.jpg
After the walk we popped in to see Debbie and Patti enjoying a well deserved tea break - as you can see Milo made himself at home and was a bit hit with them both
P1030702-1.jpg
Video: Milo having fun in the paddock

We think he's the bees knees - so similiar to our own Parsons Russell
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I met Milo today, what a sweet cutie-pie :D

He was on his way back from a walk with Rachel and Tim and was pleased to greet me to say hi, he really is a sweet gentle boy :)
Here enjoying another cuddle from Rachel...
image.jpg
And then Barry came by and made firm friends with Milo too :)
image.jpg
A lovely boy who surely won't be with us long, a cat friendly terrier, and got the looks to get attention too, surely his new home is out there, come on, fill in the homing form if this is the boy for you :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Tim

Re: Milo Parsons JRT DOB 01.11.2011 Bletchingly Foster

Post by Tim »

We caught up with Milo today - Milo is currently in foster with Tracy and her dogs (male & female) - We love him to bits - he's so friendly and as you'll see from the video we took - he loves his ball :)
untitled-1840.jpg
How cute does he look ....
untitled-1875.jpg
untitled-1865-1.jpg
untitled-1850-11.jpg
untitled-1860.jpg
untitled-1836.jpg
untitled-1856-11.jpg
Milo and his friend Snowy playing ball

Truffles mum

Post by Truffles mum »

He is a real stunner :smiley-gen132.gif:
johnfowle

Re: Milo Parsons JRT DOB 01.11.2011 Bletchingly Foster

Post by johnfowle »

I had the good fortune to pick up Milo from his original owner and it was evident from the start that he would remain in "rescue" for a very limited period before somebody spotted his great potential. I am certain he will be found a most adaptable and loyal member of the household.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Milo came into Godstone today to reconnected with his fans while he awaits his family. Our thanks to Tracy for giving him such a break from kennels.
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

Milo joined us on the group walk yesterday with new walker Emma - he was a little star, and as John says, I can't imagine he'll be with us long if he can live with another dog and cats :biggrin.gif:
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Milo making the most of the view on the group walk yesterday :D
Milo_1.jpg
Tim

Post by Tim »

Had to pop over to Godstone this afternoon so popped in to see Milo - we went for a nice walk along the lane and finished off with a quick sprint (Milo that is, not me) around the paddock

Spending time in foster has certainly done his some good ( he seemed more chilled since the last time I met him) :)

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”