Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Near Canterbury

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rescue Remedies

Re: Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Vauxhall

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Sid is the proud owner of a Pet Passport and was able to use it for the first time on a trip to France. He was very good on the ferry there and back, happy to sleep the journey away and loved having a big garden to run around in. He became firm friends with the owner of the Gite and the vet who saw him before we travelled back who took one look at him, shouted "Oh, le petit chien, le petit chien" and was down on his knees playing with him. I think Sid may be the reason why he knocked 30 Euro off the bill!

Sid is not a mad keen lover of the heat so he did spend a fair bit of time finding cool spots to lie down in

You can't see that the smart boy has dug a hole for his tummy to be in cool, wet sand

He is not good with too quick a wake-up

The face that has received a thousand treats

The face you get when you don't give a treat

A dip in the Atlantic on the Ile de Re

They have both fallen in love with these balls. He would not give it up other than for cheese

Making sure that I don't move my hand to take it away

Happy dog!

Having a dip in the Charente

We went on a 6K kayak which Todd loved. Sid found it a bit tiring

Having a good peer at something

Perhaps it is better to watch from down here

Wake me up when we get there

He is such a character and with he and Todd working as a team we stand no chance.
Rescue Remedies

Even though his thread heading says DOB 2010 his papers are all 2009 so Sidney has turned four today. Can't say how wonderful a dog he is, loved by the regulars in the park and very much loved by us. He can be stubborn, independent and very strong willed, just like a Terrier should be, and is incredibly loving with such a happy and joy filled personality.

I love this photo of Peter, Todd and Sid waiting to cross the road in Vauxhall with all three looking in different directions and Sid looking at me

:occasion4: Sid from all of us and all who know you and here's to many more of them to come.
Rescue Remedies

Sid and I went on a T Touch course today. He found it a bit tiring.

Since getting back home he has barely had the strength to eat dinner, have a play fight with Todd and go for a final walk. As you can see, he finds it very hard to relax.

He really is a bit lovely :love4:
Rescue Remedies

I took Sid on a bike ride a couple of months ago which he seemed to like so all of us got up and out early this morning and rented a Boris bike. Todd is going to need a little time to realise that you run alongside a bike rather than eat the tyre, unlike Sid who loved it. We took a spin alongside the Thames on the Albert Embankment up to Westminster Bridge and back a couple of times which Sid made without being at all puffed out. He runs with a smile on his face and picks up a regular trot at some pace.

He was glad to see home and breakfast at the end of it. Both of the boys have been on diets to get ready for Spring and are not happy about it. Sid does love his food and somehow half-measures bulked up with veggies just doesn't cut it. Still, he is a kilo down with another one to go and not having such awful weather means we will all feel like being out for longer.

It's nearly a year since he arrived and it has flown by. He is a lovely dog, really full of character and not a little cheek. He is as clean as a whistle, loves his own bed where he goes to when it's his bedtime joining us when it's ours and is as good as gold with all other dogs bar one other male Terrier who also dislikes Sid. Oh well, the exception that proves the rule.

Todd loves having Sid at home. Todd will hear something, bark, Sid comes running to take the lead in warning off whatever needs to be warned off at which point Todd goes back to sleep. Poor Sid....

Rescue Remedies

when you live with two Parsons then you need to be quick about being first as the blame falls to the slowest.....

Sid had his annual vaccinations this afternoon and the vet was happy with how he is going. He has dropped a kilo of his winter weight in the past 6 weeks so he got full praise for that. He was a little nervous in the vets which is such a rare occurrence for Sid as he is normally so confident and blasé about life. Some liver treats from the vet helped the forgetting and he was soon back to his usual self and bossing a mastiff around in the park.

Best part was that the vet said he had the softest coat going - shhh, don't tell anyone else that or it will ruin his top dog image.

He and Todd had a good couple of days walking this weekend and are now sleeping off the after effects. I actually had to put Sid's lead onto him when he was in his bed this afternoon as he was so tired out. I still won't say they are spoiled :lalala:

It was a year this past weekend that Sid came to us as a weekend foster. Twelve months later and it's double trouble:

Wouldn't want it any other way.
Rescue Remedies

Well it's a year to the day since we signed the papers for Sid. He has been a joy, even if he does like very early starts in the summer. In some ways he is a dog of clear routines and yet he can throw a curveball to mix things up. He has a real ego and self-assurance which contrasts with Todd who is far less upfront. They rattle along nicely as a couple of opposites! He has been known to see Todd sitting on the lap he would like to be on, make out he wants to play with Todd, who is always up for a game, and once Todd has jumped off he will jump up, curl up and snooze. Poor Todd takes it well.

He is so happy all the time, a real tonic if ever you feel blue, although he is capable of a major sulk when setting out on a car journey spending the first few miles staring out the side window. Other than that it's happy dog all the time. He has stopped chasing bikes although cats and squirrels are fair game. He met the wild parakeets of London last week when they descended on our square and could not make them out. He sat staring at them, listening to their calls as they chomped on seed pods and I swear his mind was trying to decide if friend or foe.

I'm sadly not home today but Peter took him and Todd on his favourite long walk along the Thames to Westminster and back this morning and they had a breakfast of pate, Danish rye bread, grated beetroot and a hard boiled egg. He is a big fan of all those things so given the day it was he was off his diet for that meal.

I took this pic just before I left London. Sid likes his bed and loves it even more if it is covered so it becomes a den. As ever, he has one ear going the wrong way :love4:

Rescue Remedies

I can't begin to tell you just how cool Sidney is. He welcomed Oreo without a backward glance and has accepted him into his home without a hair out of place. He really is a happy little soul who is a proper little terrier with a massive personality in a little body. He had a weigh in at the vets the other day and is just over 11 kilos which the vet was very happy with. Sid is most happy to hear that as he is off a diet now.

A quick pic of him looking very handsome in a chair this afternoon.

Slightly more energetic Sid

Loving a back scratch

Snoozy Sid

Cheeky smile

David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Sid in the park this afternoon showing Oreo just how intensely you have to concentrate on a treat

He managed to jump over a bench of his own accord today and, with the aid of a treat, repeated the feat a few times before deciding it was all too tiring. I'll have a go and see if he can do it again and consider him for some agility classes. I always thought he liked his bed a little too much recently to even consider him for agility.

He now has a nickname of Cleopatra for the little run of dark brown fur at the end of each eye which makes him look like he is wearing Egyptian style eye make-up. Poor Sid - he's such an Alpha dog.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

It's Sid's birthday today and he has reached the grand old age of five (dob above is a year short). He has spent the day relaxing at home, barking at a repair man in the corridor of our building and seeing off cheeky squirrels in the yard. A couple of nice walks, a play with a mad 6 month old Jack, some sleep, a bit of cuddling and then a dinner of braised chicken and sweet potatoes. He's now flaked out in his little house.

He is a lovely dog, if a bit vocal at times, and such a Terrier. He has recently become so much more cuddly with us and seeks us out for a sit and a fuss. He loves his back being gently scratched and will close his eyes to drift off if having a chest rub. His greatest wish is to catch a squirrel and luckily that's not a wish fulfilled! He has a wonderful habit of grumbling to himself when asked to do something he doesn't want to do and walks through the flat muttering to himself whilst doing what is being asked of him. It's impossible not to find him funny.

Some pics of Sid from this summer
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Yesterday he managed to both get peed on by a much bigger dog and then roll in something unpleasant. Back home and straight into the shower. He's really not a fan of being bathed and yet all he does is sit there with his back to you having a sulk. Once clean he also hates being dried off and yet his good nature shines through as rather than trying to attack the towel he does little jumps with his back legs and licks your hand. He does look like he has been permed though.

He is a really lovely member of our family and is such a lovely character.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Happy birthday for yesterday Sid :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”