Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Near Canterbury

Dogs that have found their forever home
David SW8

Re: Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.09 Near Canterbury

Post by David SW8 »

Sidney has reached the grand old age of 9 and has some white hairs coming through on his ears and a lightening of the hair on his face. He still attacks life at 100mph and has a mutual fan club with his new walker Rosie - he is a terrible flirt when he sees her, completely shameless. Glad to say it is mutual and Rosie loves him back.

He and Todd rub along nicely together and absolutely manage their human slaves.....
A0F215CD-3C5B-4A20-A335-B6D3FD090D2A.jpeg
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

So wonderful to have a Sidney update Wishing you all well!
David SW8

Re: Sidney Parson's JRT DOB 01.10.10 Near Canterbury

Post by David SW8 »

I’m not going to say Sid and Todd are spoiled however Peter’s Mum sends over an advent package from Denmark every year and found within is a big bag of individually wrapped dog biscuits, one for each of them for each day. To say they are well received is an understatement. Can you see the joy in Sid’s face as he makes it through the wrapping paper?
985AEF58-B7F7-4D2D-9E15-09CDDC1CF8B3.jpeg
Sending best wishes for the dogs in kennels and that they all find homes in the New Year.
25F4230B-87F6-4167-B78A-08C6C601D278.jpeg
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Sid loves the wood stove. Really loves it. He loves it more on a cold night after his walk, when dinner has been served, so he can fall asleep in a bed with his feet in the air and have his tummy toasted by the fire. If you look closely you can see his tongue as his mouth was open and he was snoring away.
7541761D-7D71-4499-8731-46FEFD1BC1A8.jpeg
This was him the other night. Can’t believe it’s the most comfortable way of sleeping but what do I know?
BED2D1D1-B89D-4EF7-B5D2-3713B00B4331.jpeg
He has a very hard life does Sid.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely photos 0093.gif thumbs.gif love4.gif
FionaP

Post by FionaP »

Cute love4.gif
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

It has been over six years since Sid came for a weekend break and bar one more night he never left. He is as mad cap as ever, has fierce love for those in his pack - you should see him melt at the sight of Rosie his walker - hates the two male dogs in our immediate area, flirts with a Terrier cross from down the way who hates most other dogs and does his “High Five” move when he wants something.

He seems to have an uncanny knack of charming French vets as every one of them we have been to has fallen for his ways.

The white on his cheeks is really coming through but he remains as active as ever, well, maybe a little less energy than a couple of years ago.

We love him to bits.
49DA8B40-C010-467A-A054-40B91EC09B87.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Gorgeous photo, how time flies !

Hi to you all xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Sidney (and Todd) are still on hols in France although they think it’s rubbish that they have to spend some time kept out of rooms as their humans paint the walls etc. We’ve had plumbing issues,
something which everyone here tells us is common when taking on a place, so the boys have put up with the street being dug out to find the sewer access point that had been put under tarmac when the street was re-surfaced etc etc. They’ve been fine with the chickens our neighbour has but would not want to test them without a fence between!

It’s not been all doom and gloom as Sid has found his favourite place in the yard which is lying up against a wall & seems to get the most sun of all. I’m typing this now with him lying there squinting into the sun and Todd sat on my lap. Plenty of walks, play fighting, rolling in the grass/mud and woofing at the neighbourhood dogs (in the cluster of 6 houses where we are there are 6 dogs not including Sid and Todd) as they go past.

It’s very rural here and both Sid and I have had a tick latch onto us - the boys have been dosed with Frontline and I’m just hoping for the best.

Vets tomorrow for the pre-return passport check - both of them like the vet in L’Isle Jourdain which is a good thing. Sid charmed a vet in Aigre a few years ago who took one look at him, shouted “ah, le petit chien”, fussed him and then knocked half off the bill. Still holding out for that result here.
Sid hanging out on the River Vienne
Sid hanging out on the River Vienne
Slightly less flattering, although very Terrier, angle
Slightly less flattering, although very Terrier, angle
On one of the trails starting in our village
On one of the trails starting in our village
Mad Terrier play
Mad Terrier play
After the play
After the play
Comfy time
Comfy time
Even comfier time
Even comfier time
There are a ton of Jack Russell Terriers in France - they’re so popular they have a beer named for them!
There are a ton of Jack Russell Terriers in France - they’re so popular they have a beer named for them!
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Love your updates. ..will you live in france fulltime .... :goodjob.gif: 0093.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”