Dogs that have found their forever home
montyjack2

Re: Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Vauxhall SW London

Post by montyjack2 »

Love this boy, 5 years, time has flown x
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

You know the expression "get your feet under the table"? Well Todd really does not like doing things the way everyone else does.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
He loves life with a passion I've not seen that often before and attacks life at 100mph all the time. Still can't quite wear him out yet as he has boundless energy - no hill is steep enough or puddle muddy enough not to be attacked with vigour. When he does have some down time then he has taken over my chair as it has a good view of the kitchen which is his favourite room in the house.

Spoiled? Rotten.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Todd gives good face when he decides it is time to be cute.
image.jpeg
He also feels quite comfortable making himself comfortable. Our job is to do as he has trained us.
image.jpeg
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Our job is to do as he has trained us.
roflmao.gif Terriers select their owners on the following criteria

Obedience; Routineers and Routeengineers/ Mapreaders or Satnav knowers; Heat and Sun space providers; Lead Scope providers; Door openers and Drivers
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Well Lynne before meeting him we didn't have a car and lived in Central London. Look at us now.....

I had the boys all to myself this weekend as Peter has been back in Denmark. Lots of walking and this morning Todd helped me with the first lot of blackberry picking from the hedgerows. Such a good boy as he sat and waited to see what I was up to and was fascinated by the act of me picking fruit. It helped that it was early in the morning and the sun was already warm so he could have a sit and get his pads toasty.

In the afternoon I treated him to a short car ride, he flips out at the sound of the locks opening, and then a walk around Godmersham Park which is a stately home now owned by an Optometrist organisation (I'm in the wrong job). Despite the tannoy from the Chilham Castle Horse Trials coming down the valley he had a lovely time sniffling in the grounds and doing mad runs after stoats and things which only he could see. Despite him being so Terrier I was able to get him to sit and let a family of Guinea Fowl pass unmolested.
image.jpeg
I've met them before when out with Sid and luckily they had retreated to a field before we arrived. Not sure Sid would have been so good. They decided to tell Todd and I what they thought of us in no uncertain terms and even with all of the racket going on Todd did not kick off.

He is 7 in a weeks time. He has some white hairs coming through on his face which adds to his looks. Still kills me to think of him getting older though.
image.jpeg
He does love his life in the country - much more freedom than he had before and a garden to be a hoodlum in. It also means he has a new set of machines to hate so he is sent inside when the neighbours fire up their lawnmower. Oh well, life cannot be perfect.
image.jpeg
It's not bad though.
FionaP

Post by FionaP »

I love that last photo! can picture Cody snuggled up between them :smiley-love014.gif:
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

There was always plenty of snuggling going on with Cody about!

The lovely Todd has turned seven today and as is tradition he has had chicken sag and rice for dinner along with some yogurt and a slice of Brie to round things off (all of these are his favourite things). Sid is not complaining either.

Todd is a lovely little chap who is so happy with life. He is relishing the walks out in the countryside and having space to run up and down stairs in the house. He and Sid are a formidable duo when it comes to giving sad face when you are eating and work well together to achieve the desired outcome; food in their bowls.

Todd is so trusting of us and will follow us unquestioningly. He is not a fan of being left behind and the best way to get his attention and recall when out and about is to shout "Bye Todd" at which point he is haring back to where you are. There is no such thing as too much playtime and regardless of the heat he is always up for playing with some chew balls that we first found in France. He now has a rugby ball version of these which is much harder to catch and so is his new favourite toy.

He has not lost his distrust of Spaniels and bigger dogs and has now begun to recognise those dogs in the neighbourhood who are truly not a threat and they just get a good inspection rather than a telling off.

He loves the bed, curling up alongside one or other of us, falling asleep on us and if not on us then on a chair in the living room that he has decided is his. Wise move on his part as that has a direct view of food preparation in the kitchen.

For my birthday we are having his DNA profile completed as I could swear there is some Fox Terrier in him. Regardless of what the results are I will go to my grave saying he is 50% cheek and 50% charm.

We adore him and he is such a big part of the life and soul of our home. Party13.gif to my pal.

He has to clamber through a patch of mint getting in and out of the river which tends to linger on him. Much nicer than the usual things he rolls in.
Todd Swimming.jpg
Todd in the River.jpg
Todd in Action.jpg
Todd and Sid lakes.jpg
Todd and Sid.jpg
Todd in Bed.jpg
Recovering from being on Terrier duty - he rearranges the bed to suit his needs as you can see
Todd Pillows.jpg
Todd Rose.jpg
And just in case you can't believe that the scared little chap from kennels has changed then I give you this of him falling asleep being held by Peter
Todd and Peter.jpg
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Smashing pics...Todd has lovely face markings..what a treasure ! XX
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Happy birthday gorgeous boy Todd :smiley-love014.gif:

Sounds like you're having loads of fun and have been spoilt just as you should be ! Good training of your humans !!!

Love to you all
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

He is a bit of a looker isn't he:) Much love to you as well Sarah and please say hello to all at Gatwick. Will try and get across soon.

So Todd's DNA result came back. He is mostly Jack with a Patterdale as an ancestor and, wait for it, Cocker Spaniel. This the dog who hates Spaniels although his best pal was a Cockerpoo. The Patterdale explains his occasional obsessive behaviour though. Whatever the DNA says he is lovely and will always be a mix of cheek and charm to me.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”