Pepsi Lurcher x & Kia Staffie x 2005/6 Hitchin

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
the lakes

Re: Pepsi Lurcher x & Kia Staffie x 2005/6 Hitchin

Post by the lakes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:37 am

I couldn't resist this - a typical conversation for a Sunday morning in the Lakes house.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

the lakes

Post by the lakes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:46 am

Oh I must learn how to share the video sorry . I know I have done one before but forget how to do them.

the lakes

Post by the lakes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:50 am

Oh I must learn how to share the video sorry . I know I have done one before but forget how to do them.
I think I have done it now.

the lakes

Post by the lakes » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:57 pm

I keep meaning to give you an update for Pepsi and Kia but then I get reading and see how busy you all are.
This won’t be a long one but our two girls haven’t slowed down yet and they are both 10 now. They keep us on our toes and were as good as ever when we went away to my Sister’s at Christmas. Pepsi (with 2 doors between) shared the house with 1 cat, 2 guinea pigs and a Maltese, Shiatsu, poodle cross. The pup loves Pepsi and Kia and there is no problem there.
It was exciting when my Nephew bought his 2 dogs to my Sister’s house as that meant there were 5 dogs there.
His 2 were a beautiful Husky and a very large Alsatian Husky cross all in all it worked out very well with 5 children 5 dogs and 8 adults.
We are lucky to have a playing field and many footpaths to walk in the Winter months and there are plenty of squirrels to get their attention.
I hope I have mastered downloading a photo taken the other day when they were squirrel watching. We are so lucky to have our two pooches and are still in awe of all the work everyone does to give so many their forever homes.
A big thank you from us.
SWDSC_0089.JPG

staffylevi

Post by staffylevi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:34 am

They are looking fab... what a lovely update! thumbs.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:15 am

They look in fab condition so wonderful to know what a wonderful live they have. Love them both dearly

the lakes

Post by the lakes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

We are fast approaching our 11 year gotcha anniversary for Pepsi and Kia.
I am glad to report that they are still very active though this weather has slowed them down somewhat – me too.
We haven’t been to any tractor rallies or staying at the caravan by the river as it is too darned hot for that, so we take early morning and late evening walks and the rest of the day relaxing.
Pepsi had a couple of back spasms a year or so ago and the vet thought hydrotherapy would be the answer. Luckily for us we have a very good hydrotherapy pool in Hitchin so off we went. We have continued to take her after the insurance stopped as she does love a swim.

Once a week she goes for her swim with me and Geoff has a one to one walk with Kia, they both seem to enjoy their activities though they are joined at the hip the rest of their time.
I think Pepsi is slowing a little now as the resident hedgehog is given a glance now when out for her last wee of the night. It would be very different if she wasn’t on a lead though but dark and Pepsi means that I could be trying to get her in from the garden for a while, her hunting instincts kick in and I just find it easier to put her on a lead, over the years she doesn’t even seem to worry as it is just the norm for her.

Kia is such a wonderful happy lass too she still thinks that she is a collie though and herds people to me on footpaths, she charges past them and then walks behind them to bring them to me. She loves off lead as she is looking for instructions from me all the time, and enjoys a good field work out of sending her off to the right 0028.gif or left :dog_running-186.gif: with hand signals, sit stay and come all by hand signals (one man and his dog it is not ) but we have fun while Pepsi is busy sniffing at the side of the field.

We are so lucky to be blessed with our 2 wonderful bitches and will always be grateful to Rescue Remedies and Lynne for that.

Sorry no photos will master the one lead photo shoot one day but juggle too much.
Thank you

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Wonderful update 11 years!!!!!

the lakes

Post by the lakes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:59 am

Pepsi and Kia have been busy helping Reqs the fire dog from our local fire station by donating a couple of smokey paws kits for the fire engines.
http://smokeypaws.co.uk/
I am not sure if I can copy the twitter link as I am not into that sort of technology but here goes. Reqs the Fire Dog (@ReqsFireDog) on Twitter.htm

I am pleased to say that all 40 Hertfordshire Fire Engines now have their own smokeypaws kits and if I could show the photo I would, when we all went up to our local fire station to sort the donation. Reqs said hello to our two and we had a mini guided tour of the station.

Pepsi was 12 the other day and we celebrated at a tractor rally – we still do them when it isn’t too hot – we visited the pet stall there and let her sniff all the goodies until she stopped and tried to actually help herself. Beef and liver sausages were the first goodies to go in the bag – Kia was as interested as Pepsi so we have a goodie bag for a little while.

We are back home from a fortnight of rallies and now we are off to my Sister’s in Ross- on-Wye tomorrow, it is our travelling season which after 11 years our two lovely girls know so well.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”