Shadow Staffie DOB 04.11 Hextable Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rescue Remedies

Shadow Staffie DOB 04.11 Hextable Kent

Post by Rescue Remedies »

xxlynne Apr 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Homed
DSCF6879shadow.jpg
Homing requirements: Shadow needs a companionship 'at home' family or another dog with part time work hours to help him overcome his insecurities. Shadow has suffered crate abuse; he does not tolerate being closed in a crate. For older live-in children and visiting children once he is more settled.

Video: A Glimpse of the sweet boy

Video: Another Glimpse of the sweet boy

His Story: Shadow was found tied up in early February. A family homed him, said he was a wonderful dog but could not house train him as needed to leave him for long hours. They had got him recently neutered. Shadow was treated for a build up of blood in his ear flap which is now healed. Vax'd and in boarding kennels near Gatwick, Surrey.

Advert: Shadow will want to be your Shadow ... he is learning to be comfortable in his own skin the result of feels secure. Shadow has a sad and is desperate for love. He feels vulnerable. Shadow walks well on the lead and beside other dogs. He is a puppy under that adult body who doesn't have a clue yet, but he is intelligent and will quickly learn. Shadow will get out of a crate and so needs 'time and an inclusive family home' to allow him to settle.

Shadow is such a beautiful Staffie A baby faced dog! He has a rich brindle coat with golden threads running through; wonderful sweet head and muzzle. He has a bald patch above his tail base which looks like damage/poor care in the past/ or crating. Shadow is talkative and delights in cuddles and kisses. You’ll want to wrap Shadow up in your arms, protect him and offer him the very, very best.

Interested in homing Shadow?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Please visit Shadow's thread on our forum to find out if still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***

See Shadow's thread below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Referral details: Asked to take on a young Staffie in the vet hospital who had just had an operation on his ear to relieve a pressure haematoma.Newly neutered, vax'd, wormed and flea-treated.
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Shadow Staffie DOB 04.11 Hextable Kent

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

gsdlover 7:40 PM - Apr 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of walking this sweet boy today :roll:

Shadow is a bit bemused to be in kennels but am sure he will settle when he gets into the routine :roll: He soon settled into his walk - he walked perfectly with four other dogs so we took them all into the village - met a dog and various people en-route and no reaction to them either. He looks to his handler for reassurance but is in general an easy dog to walk once he gets over the initial excitement of having a walk :oops:

There is something very endearing about Shadow, can't quite put my finger on it at this moment but am hoping he'll become a regular walk for me 8)
Rescue Remedies_2

KimTwickers 8:31 PM - Apr 28, 2012

had the pleasure of picking up Shadow with Lynne yesterday. So pleased he enjoyed his walk today, he has such a vulnerability about him and just wants to be loved. He 'talked' all the way in the back of the car, but oh those eyes! I hope a loving home comes forward soon and gives him the chance he needs. Lynne and the walkers - you do such a FAB job as always :hello1: . x
Rescue Remedies_2

anne 2:50 PM - Apr 30, 2012

Lynne - I am so glad Shadow found you as he is just adorable. He has a vunerability about him as he places total trust in people and he has not had the chance to grow up and still very much behaves like a puppy.
Poor Shadow is nervous and anxious about life at the moment and I have observed the levels of his anxiousness in the following behaviour:

Shadow can move between these levels
1.Anxious/not sure what to do: jumps up and can grabs your clothing

2.Anxious: walks between your legs

3.Getting a bit braver: walks behind you/hides behind your legs

4.Bit braver still: walks beside you but glued to your leg

5.Brave: walks nicely on the lead, not touching you but keeping close and looking back frequently to check all is OK

Bless him, he is such an affectionate, snuffly little Staffie who just wants cuddles and love. He does mouth but so gently and only to show you affection.

I am sure with the time, patience and love bestowed on him by our lovely walkers he will soon relax and be a fantastic little dog.
Walking him with constant, calm reassurence and giving him all the cuddles he deserves will work magic and I am sure we will see his behaviour change from no.1 to number 5 in no time.

Shadow enjoyed company and sunshine this morning and when he was feeling brave he trotted along looking around him and nothing we saw or heard seemed to phase him. When I sat down he just snuggled into me and enjoyed calm and gentle cuddles. Then he rolled on his back and just for a few seconds shut his eyes and sounded like he was snoring. ADORABLE

Rescue Remedies_2

anne 2:35 PM - May 04, 2012

Little Shadow came out for a walk with me again today and again stayed close by my side for reassurance most of the way. He is gradually getting a bit braver when his curiosity gets the better of him and he goes to investigate and have a sniff at something. He completely ignored the barking rotties we passed. I stopped and sat on the stile so we could have some cuddles and treats and he really does love his cuddles. He really is just a puppy and needs some training, reassurance and routine and home comforts and of course lots and lots and lots of cuddles. Bless him, he is such a sweetie and has the most appealing eyes.
Rescue Remedies_2

Nina 11:32 AM - May 06, 2012

I walked Shadow yesterday and fell in love with those appealing and adoring eyes. He is a beautiful Staffie all small and stocky, great fun to walk, just now and again his vulnerability shows up - he needs someone to whisk him away from kennels and give him the home he obviously so deserves. When I popped him back in his kennel his whole little body wiggles from tip to toe as you talk to him - he's really gorgeous - Love Him :wink2:
Rescue Remedies_2

anne 2:26 PM - May 09, 2012

Walked this adorable little boy again today. He is getting braver and a bit more indepedant out on his walk. He does so crave compnay and loves cuddles and attention. He is very calm and gentle by nature and I think very trainable as he looks to you for guidance and reassurance. He walks nicely on the lead and will do a sit for treats and seems to understand 'wait' although it is in his nature to naturally wait for you to climb over the stiles and keep up with him. Bless.
Rescue Remedies_2

anne 5:50 PM - May 11, 2012

Shadow is coming on in leaps and bounds. He is so excited to see you when you enter his kennel but he stands still and lets you put on the harness with no problem. As soon as we were out of the gate I sat down and gave him what he really wants which is cuddles and attention. Such a little cuddle monster.
He then walked beautifully on the lead the whole way. No jumping or walking between my legs or behind them today. Shadow just trotted along, loose lead, taking his time to stop and sniff and investigate the grass and hedgerows. We met a very well behaved American bull dog who was off lead but Shadow did not bat an eyelid. He just looked and walked on calmly :)
He is just adorable xx

Rescue Remedies_2

goodvic2 4:40 PM - May 16, 2012

I decided to take Shadow home today. He gets a little frantic in the kennels, so I wanted him to get a bit of time out.

I tried to play with a tennis ball, but he was not interested, then I picked up a rope toy, still not interested. Eventually he showed a bit of interest in a tiny football type toy.

Shadow was totally relaxed in the garden. He even nearly fell asleep at one point! :laugh:

He showed no possessiveness over the toy and I had no problems with him at all. He shows signs of wanting to chew,

Shadow is your typical staff. He is a total cuddle monster and wants nothing more than to be your companion.

Rescue Remedies_2

anne 7:45 PM - May 21, 2012

Poor Shadow is finding kennel life quite stressful and unnerving. He was very wound up this morning so we sat in the field for a while sharing cuddles. He finds comfort in mouthing, seeking out your hand with his mouth for reassurance but he will stop if he is getting too keen and you tell him so.
If you sit down with him he loves to sit on your lap and have a roll in the grass and a belly rub.
Once calm and happy he is a joy to walk and seems to enjoy meeting other dogs, happily wagging his tail but not making a fuss. He was so sweet when a noisey terrier the other side of the wire fence barked very loudly and stuck his head through the fence right in front of Shadow who happily wagged his tail but did not utter a sound.

Shadow needs a calm, quiet environment and a routine where he can relax and feel safe. In the right place he will be, I'm sure, a quick and willing learner as he is so connected and eager to please.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”