Charlie Lurcher x Labrador DOB 02.11 Isleworth

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Rescue Remedies

Charlie Lurcher x Labrador DOB 02.11 Isleworth

Post by Rescue Remedies » Fri May 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Originally posted Fri Oct 26, 2012 by xxlynne

Current Status HOMED
Charlie.jpg
Homing Requirements: Charlie needs a family who can devote time to him offering security and stability after an intense long period of kennelling through no fault of his own. A large dog experienced family who can offer him training and support, secure garden and extension lead walks until proven to settle in all dog encounters. Handover from regular weekend fosterer to support homing assured. Charlie can settle to live with another dog or as an only dog. Not for young children, but over 10 years. Not for cats or small furries. Sensitive tummy supported by a raw diet with great success.

Video: Charlie woo'ing Tia
Video: Charlie by the lake
Video: Charlie having a run

His Story: Charlie was found stray and unclaimed. He is now neutered, chipped and fully vax'd. Kennelled in Godstone, Surrey. Regular weekend fostering with children 10 years plus upwards and another dog.

Advert: Charlie lifts the heart and brings a smile to everyone’s face: we are amazed that Charlie has not secured a home in 18 months of being in our care. He is a very personable dog who is very affectionate and responsive to training. He needs to run on a trailing line or extender lead to synchronise his athletic energy and chase the wind. Travels very well and very seldom now is he sick on journeys.

Charlie is a 3 year old slender framed Greyhound x Labrador with auburn black velvet fur and a white blaze. Charlie is supported through regular weekends in foster which has improved his physical condition as kennels have taken their toll. His foster home has provided a platform to display his incredible qualities as a gentle giant and true friend.

Interested in homing Charlie?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

Please visit Charlie's thread on our forum to find out if he is still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing. Charlie is featured on http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***
off-lead10.jpg
charlie2.jpg
charlie3.jpg
charlie4.jpg
charlie5.jpg
charlie6.jpg
charlie7.jpg
See Charlie's Thread Below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Referral Details: Charlie - Lab/ Lurcher cross Staffie. approx 18-24 momth old neutered male. He is a gentle chap who knows basic commands such as Sit & paw. LOVES A cuddle! Good with other dogs
Charlie8.JPG

Rescue Remedies

Re: Charlie Lurcher x Labrador DOB 02.11 Godstone Kenns

Post by Rescue Remedies » Sat May 31, 2014 9:46 pm

Charlie is a GORGEOUS chap
He walked beautifully for Sue today alongside Monty
Dog friendly, calm & attentive - we were both swooning!
He is taller than he looks in all these photo's quite a big dog (even without standing on the table)

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:31 pm

Charlie is quite a tall dog but so friendly and calm and so very handsome. He was very welcoming and easy to harness and while he cantered off down the kennel run and out of the gate, after that he walked beautifully on the lead, very responsive. He does like to chase birds but with a firm voice he is just as happy to walk on. I sat on the stile to take his photo and he just put his big muddy paws on my chest and liberally dispensed kisses and nibbled my ear Laugh He takes treats very gently and politely.
On the way back in he was mugged by Dave who instantly fell in love with him. Wink I prised him away from Dave and he went happily back to his kennel, enjoyed a rub down with the towel (he went all soppy while I was doing this and nearly fell over he was so relaxed) and then happily took and chew from me and went to bed.

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Meet Charlie ...

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 pm

Charlie walked with his new friend Dave this morning. His fan club is growing daily!
He is such a good boy, calm and friendly around the other dogs and with the loveliest of natures.

Best Friends

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 pm

Charlie has been with me for two days now and is settling in after a bumpy start- he was car sick twice on the journey home from kennels, bless him and what with his ear bleeding from a small wound on the tip of his ear he definitely is in need of some TLC.
He really is a gentle soul and eager to please- loves cuddles and wraps his paws around your waist to greet you. He is responding well to basic commands and getting into a bit of a routine. Very easy to harness- puts his head almost into it to patiently allow you to put it on and great on the lead too. He wants to greet everyone he meets en route and I have just been cautious not to let him run up to people at full pelt because he is quite a tall chap! Very skinny though and from his curiosity with bins I imagine he had to scavenge for himself for quite some time, so he wolfs down every morsel at dinner time!
He is currently snoozing huddled into my leg on the sofa after our frosty early walk this morning.

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:36 pm

Charlie did make me laugh this morning on our walk when I saw him staring at a statue of a boar in someone's garden for ages Laugh
He is very good meeting other doggies and had some admirers on the way " oh what a lovely boy !"
He is snoozing again now on the sofa

Charlie has settled in really well and learns basic commands very quickly..he certainly knows the word for "treat" now and sits in anticipation.
He had a wonderful day today, he pulled on the lead quite a bit but only because he was overjoyed to see all the Sunday walkers and their dogs. He gained more fans with gasps of " what a gorgeous dog! " and the like, which was followed by licks, bear hugs and ear nibbles ( by Charlie smiliz65.gif ) He loves to meet other dogs and isn't too bouncy so that even the small varieties don't get freaked by his size. He knows his name and comes when you call him ( on retractable lead). He loves to play with balls and sticks, any toys really and his leaps are cha-mazing!
When we got home he stands patiently whilst I towel down his feet..I think he actually enjoys a bit of pampering and as someone said in a previous post when you stroke him on the sofa he almost falls into a trance and flops down for a good old 40 winks..which is where is is now..snoring away Santa

Here he is earlier proving what a lap dog he is!

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Charlie seems to be getting stronger by the day- he almost had me over this morning when he spotted a squirrel and I didn't!!
another favourite is chasing birds. The only time I've heard him is when he emitted a low growl on seeing a squirrel and he whined a little on the lead when a magpie was in striking distance.
He is such an affectionate fellow and loves nothing better than hugs and falling asleep huddled into you on the sofa, apart from his food, of course!

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 pm

Charlie had a wonderful week out in foster with Cara, then 24 with a potential family and is now back in kennels. He proved too interactive and playful with the family's 4 year old child who became frightened. He is also licky and mouthy and really needs to settle and mature through his puppiness and excitement and 'grow in to his own skin' more. So we are saying not for young children, though everyone acknowledges his intention is overt friendliness, he needs to gain perspective and awareness when around 'little people'

dogsbodies1

Post by dogsbodies1 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:39 pm

I've not walked Charlie before so I had him out in the paddock for a few minutes before our lovely Barry took him out for his proper walk.

What a darling he is Santa He has such a lovely temperament - a bit puppy like in a lot of ways but it really makes him so endearing I know he's a bit of a favourite with the other walkers so it will probably be a while before I take him out again....hopefully he'll have found a home by then

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”