Rusty Patterjack DofB TBAss Horley

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Re: Rusty Patterjack DofB TBAss Kingston Foster

Postby aloepeter » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Peter you are an absolute star!

No, no, no! RUSTY is the absolute star. He is utterly adorable and, dare I say, looking more like a teddy bear than ever, now that his coat has been reduced. He even has - for those of us who can't resist them - chunky paws with big, black leatherette pads. Apart from food (number one interest) all he really wants is to be loved. Yes, there is the small matter of marking in the house but he has only just been neutered (and the Boyz don't help matters). Everything else is done outside and he makes it quite clear when he needs to go.

Today, for the first time, Rusty has NOT been left secure in his crate while I've been out (twice). He's been fine and I've only needed to do minimal mopping. This evening he was jostling H & Z to greet me: and we had wild wagging too (another first). I'm quite happy for him to stay as long as he needs to but Rusty is so ready to make someone else feel warm and fuzzy. thumbs.gif
aloepeter

Re: Rusty Patterjack DofB TBAss Kingston Foster

Postby aloepeter » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Rusty, bless him, potters through life here at the moment in a state of bewilderment. There's so much to learn and so many adjustments to make. Rusty looks to me for reassurance - which is good - but it doesn't help, of course, when Harpo and Zeppo show signs of resentment. The upside of this is that any dogs he may live with in the future are bound to be nicer!

Sometimes the situation is made more complicated by my own stupidity. Having found a cut price sliced loaf of Dr Vogel bread - perfect for the freezer I thought - why didn't I put it in the freezer the moment I got home? Yes, you've guessed, while I was out ... it was on the edge of the work top and Rusty has just a little more reach than H & Z. On my return I found the bedroom decorated with shredded bread wrapper and the last slice beautifully positioned in the middle of the bed. Harpo and, particularly, Zeppo looked extremely stuffed (it's very dense, multi-seeded bread) and poor Rusty was in the dog bed under his bath mat (I'll explain that another time ...) looking slim and a bit shocked. Even a hungry teddy has to give way to the fiends that H & Z become in the search for food. It was sardines for breakfast today ... with all the oil.

Still, we managed a walk to Ham Common this morning (via the allotments) and Rusty coped well ...
rs01.JPG

rs02.JPG

rs03.JPG
aloepeter

Re: Rusty Patterjack DofB TBAss Horley

Postby xxlynne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Rusty met Jock a Scottie today and are now best of friends...Sarah-Jane & Glenn stepped forwards to offer Rusty his forever home promising to offer his an introduction into the world which Peter has begun..

W"e are very grateful to West Wales Poundies for saving Rusty and to our volunteers for the help they gave Rusty..and ofcourse Peter and his Boyz to help Rusty gain some confidence
xxlynne

Postby Sjf92 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 pm

image.jpeg
The boys having an afternoon nap!
Sjf92

Postby Sjf92 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 pm

image.jpeg
Jock and Rusty chilling out on the sofa after a busy day getting to know each other!
Sjf92

Postby aloepeter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 pm

At some point over the weekend Rusty really, "switched on", so a lively happy little chap met Sarah-Jane, Glen and Jock the Scottie today. It didn't take long to get acquainted with his new family. The pictures tell all ...

PB140001.JPG

PB140002.JPG

PB140003.JPG

PB140006.JPG

PB140007.JPG

PB140008.JPG

PB140012.JPG

...and there really are two dogs in that last shot! :havefun.gif:
aloepeter

Postby sweetpea » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:11 am

Brillant news love4.gif woo.gif]