Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Re: Miko Akita x Staffie DOB 2012 High Wycombe

Postby Deborah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Miko is a good dog and I'm lucky to have him. He is very patient when we are at work and neighbours say he doesn't bark just watches out the window. He is shedding at the moment, has been for 2 months. He sometimes likes a groom but gets bored easily so I have to bribe him with treats. I'm trying to brush his coat out now as it's very hot. I do obedience training with him sporadically. He is very good at wait/leave it, I've got some videos on Facebook. I might but them on this forum when I get time. He also does sit down (at distance) and roll over. I'm trying to teach him to balance a treat on his nose but we aren't there yet. He is always up for a cuddle and is a very chilled out boy. He is finally finding his voice and now barks at strangers coming towards the house but not in an over the top way. He's fine around the reptiles. We've contemplated seeing a behaviourist for his dog aggression but he's well managed with a lead and muzzle so haven't yet. I've also been working on his recall in the garden and its excellent. He was sat beside me the other day and a noise at the back of the garden bothered him. He started quietly barking but not moving. I encouraged him to investigate then called him back which he did. Today I was grooming him using treats and Shannon was out next door. Shannon coughed and miko ran to investigate. I called him back and he did a uturn mid run. I was so impressed. My phone is full of photos but I'm on my phone. Next time I'm on the computer I'll update some photos. We are going to Cornwall in July to the same place we took miko last year. I can't wait.
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.
Deborah

Postby sarahh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:18 pm

I'm Deborah's sister so get to see Miko quite often and today he came for lunch to mine. He's always a joy- still loves to sit on feet and generally bound around happily.

These are from a couple of months ago when I was in High Wycombe. Please excuse my mum having a chat in the background.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

And just a short one from today because whenever I got my phone out he got distracted by a car door slamming or an interesting rustle - he's not used to my noisy neighbourhood. My dad's talking over the start of this one....

sarahh

Postby Julieh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Brilliant update , gorgeous Miko, what a wonderful home for a wonderful dog xxx
Julieh

Previous

Return to Dogs Rehomed