Troy Small Staffie x DOB 11/6/2014 Eynsham Oxon

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sophloaf

Re: Troy Small Staffie x DOB 11/6/2014 Eynsham Oxon

Post by Sophloaf »

Three and a half years have flown by since we picked Troy up, but the years haven’t all been plain sailing! I thought I’d update Troys story to show how commitment and a true love for dogs can get you through anything: you just have to hang in there. Troy was an easy boy to fall in love with. He got on with our two Siamese and gently played with our young children. A few accidents but no chewing. I guess we relaxed a little. This resulted in me not reading another dogs interaction with Troy very well and he attacked. It was a puppy and it sustained a serious neck wound. Totally my fault. What followed was over a month of uncertainty. But we were committed. After talking to Lynne, taking her advice and having a visit from a Rescue Remedie affiliated dog behaviourist, we finally felt we had the tools to make it work! And thank goodness we persevered. We wouldn’t be without our Snoz. He is our world and my children often ask if I love him more than them! So, if you’re finding your rescue dogs behaviour a bit tricky or you feel out of your depth, ask for help or advice. It’s all doable. We all just need access to the right tools.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Love that photo. ...thank you for your commitment to Troy :goodjob.gif: :thanks.gif: thumbs.gif
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

How fantastic! If only everyone understood about commitment and persevering - thank you for all you've done for Troy and hanging in there when it got tough thumbs.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”