Bella Staffie DOB Sept 09 High Wycombe

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
marknsal

Re: Bella Staffie DOB Sept 09 High Wycombe

Post by marknsal » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:10 pm

hi J&T and Lucy of course, happy new year! Am pleased to say that Bella is doing well up to 2 45 min walks a day, but no off lead until end Feb. Still carrying up and down stairs so a bungalow looks attractive! I think once the ground ceases to be a quagmire, we wouldbe up for an excursion. I also miss PM's.

marknsal

Post by marknsal » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Well Bella, bella-boo Bells or belkie burger as she is variously known is now pretty much fully recovered from her Op and seems livelier and happier than before it so the decision was the right one, thank heavens. Only a couple more weeks and we can let her off lead but we will be trying to restrict the ball throwing to a minimum if poss. Only dark cloud on Bella's horizon is the enforced rest plus sympathy for the brave little soldier has resulted in all of her harnesses and coats mysteriously shrinking. The same thing happens to my trousers so have some sympathy but sadly vet has suggested it would be helpful if she could lose a couple of kilos so someone is a bit unchuffed with the feeding regime, still better her than me I am off to buy bigger trousers!

Luella

Post by Luella » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Well done Bella. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Shame about the shrinking harness & coat - they just don't make things like they used to. I have the same problem as you & your "dad" with my clothes but, hey, we soldier on

marknsal

Post by marknsal » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Just back from a lovely week in Somerset with our Bella.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Luella

Post by Luella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm

How lovely to see Bella running so freely after all she's been through. Lucy was doing much the same on the headland above Burton Bradstock but sadly we've never managed to work out how to post photos/films. However she had a great holiday & would like to move down there!

marknsal

Post by marknsal » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 am

Have not updated here for a while so just to ay Bells is still very happy and content has now perfected a routine of barking at us and then heading for the utility where lurks the Dentasitcks which seem to be her favourite, its the 'is Timmy down the well' performance as we call it. More momentously our dog sitter bought her cocker spaniel round with her the other day while she sat with Bells, which was a first for Bells as not had a dog in her home before. Well Theo bustled in found Bells dog bowl ate her treats I think sorted through her toys and Bells after an initial greet sort of sat there with a look of 'what the hell is that'. According to dog sitter they were super fine at one stage little Theo was doing some play bows etc and Bells was sort of jumping around but just did not know what to do next which I suspect reflects how important it is for puppies to spend time together playing. But proud of Bella as not all dogs would have been so accommodating. Just confirms to us how lucky we were to have her choose us to look after her.

Luella

Post by Luella » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Good to hear from you Bella. Hope to see you all on Saturday. Can’t be as wet as the last charity walk can it!!

Luella

Post by Luella » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Sal. Good to catch up with the 3 of you today. Did you get one of the sweaters at Amersham? I did!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”