Nigel Shar pei DofB 2017 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Nigel Shar pei DofB 2017 Crawley

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF8414.jpgnigel.jpg
Nigel's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Northern council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Nigel is now neutered & had his eyes operated on to help him, chipped and fully vaccinated. Nigel is now in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Nigel's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
DSCF8418.jpgnigel.jpg
DSCF8411.jpgnigel.jpg
Nigel's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 28.08.18: Hi Lynne,

I have a one year old Shar Pei male at risk of PTS in my pound. I know you are full but can you offer any hope? He also has Entropian eyes which may be why he is grumbly in kennels. He is not a great fan of other dogs and desperately needs help to have a chance in life
Wrinkles.jpg
I will of course pay for neutering and try and help with any eye surgery x Margaret
Chapmania

Nigel Shar pei DofB TBAss Northern pound comes when we can take

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Nigel love4.gif xx
xxlynne

Re: Nigel Shar pei DofB 2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Nigel arrived with nerves . Ella slip leaded him into the paddock after 2 hours of settling in his kennel.

I got to know him when I arrived with collar and harness. It took 15 mins to gradually approach and for him to accept me stroking him and then very slowly I managed to reach the point of picking up his leg to place it through his harness. Then the collar and then.....
a lovely walk around the grounds and we were friends. Shar Peis have a particular character which is loof but very observation...and accepting of affection giving with care and true love.

RosC

Post by RosC »

I enjoyed a walk with the lovely Nigel today. When I entered his room he wasn't quite sure, he moved away and gave a little growl. I crouched down and offered him a treat and he came over to me straight away and took the treat very gently. As he walked away I picked up his lead and stood up. I told him we were going out and he was keen to get going. He walks very nicely on the lead and enjoyed sniffing the grass as much as you can when wearing a cone, which he has on following his eye surgery. We kept to a more open route today as he kept banging the collar in to things in narrow spaces!
Nigel is a beautiful colour and has very soft fur which he seems to enjoy being stroked. Beautiful gentle boy love4.gif
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

What an absolutely gorgeous looking boy love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Westie

Post by Westie »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
So glad that Nigel has been found safe and well. Hope he enjoys his special dinner. angel13.gif]
X
:dog_running-186.gif:
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Nigel has settled really well since returning to us from his walkabout. His eyes having been operated on were an irritant to him and he soon took his 'cone' off. Nigel had his stitches out today and he was then ready for his photos. He has been enjoying walks with responsible volunteers and hasn't shown the 'escape drive' he had in the first few days. (See Anne's pictures top of his thread). thumbs.gif

Annette and Ian arrived with their 2 grown up children Cassia and Jake. We all went to a 'cat city' to judge Nigel's response to the idea of living with 3 cats. Nigel did eventually spot the cats and danced a bit and showed his character, part play and then leave. He would chase a running cat, and certainly wasn't 'non plus'. His family however are happy to go through a long period of acceptance and care... Nigel is being adopted tomorrow.
Nigelhome1.JPG
Nigelhome2.JPG
Nigelhome3.JPG
Nigelhome4.JPG
Nigelhome5.JPG
Nigelhome6.JPG
Nigelhome7.JPG
Nigelhome8.JPG
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Nigel left the building today in the safety and security of his new family. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Nigel was very happy to meet his new friends again and they are now formally his new family and he was so happy to head off HOME with them woo.gif]
09D74FBE-D12E-4C88-BD03-39F9E2B22A87.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

They're only making plans for Nigel ! Brilliant news...... blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] A stunning looking boy you have there and he will be glad of a home for the cosy season xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”