Jordon Ambull x DOB 02.13 Bulgaria

Dogs that have found their forever home
Chris86

Re: Jordon Crossbreed DOB 02.13 Gatwick Kenns Dartford W/E

Post by Chris86 »

I had a nice potter around with Jordon this morning, he decided to be much better behaved this week thumbs.gif He really liked wandering around in the woods, and then visiting the poet's hut. Standing at the door he just kept giving me the biggest puppy dog eyes with a huge ear to ear grin as if to say, "Please can we go in!?" Details spared but Jordon has taken a bit of a liking to the small dog bed in there which explains his love of the hut. On the way back he enjoyed chasing sticks, the most adorable look on his face waiting for me to throw. Also very patient! Such a character woo.gif]
Jordon Look.jpg
"Are we... are we going in!?"
"Are we... are we going in!?"
"Maybe if I close my eyes and make a wish!"
"Maybe if I close my eyes and make a wish!"
"Stick stick stick, throw stick!"
"Stick stick stick, throw stick!"
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Barry and I had a lovely calm walk with Jordon today, he just plodded along tasting the best grass the area has to offer thumbs.gif Plenty of stops for stick chewing and his puppy dog eyes worked their magic to get plenty of treats from both of us, a real pro Jordon is! Once you get to know him he's just the most amazing dog love4.gif
One of many times Jordon worked his magic
One of many times Jordon worked his magic
It doesn't matter if it's rooted in the ground, Jordon wants it :D
It doesn't matter if it's rooted in the ground, Jordon wants it :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Jordon and I had a lovely walk today - he is such a cheeky chappie !!!
PB172752.JPG
ooooh yes, treats please :0)
ooooh yes, treats please :0)
I found a stick, yey yey yey !!!
I found a stick, yey yey yey !!!
PB172756.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

It's been a while since I posted a Jordon update but rest assured he still comes hers every weekend. So what's changed since his last update? Lots.

Anyone who knows Jordon will tell you that trust is everything to him, but the tables have turned recently as I've had to trust Jordon. When I go out I now leave him downstairs with Tia, I can count on one hand the number of foster dogs who I've done this with. With Tia's back problems, I've put a lot of trust in Jordon - not that long ago I'd never have dreamt of leaving them alone together due to his boisterous nature - but that seems to be behind him now and he's been fantastic. Jordon has never been overly fond at being left alone, but leaving him with Tia really seems to benefit him. It's an odd thing; Tia hardly ever comes up on the sofa yet every time I'm about to go out she gets up on the sofa, which puzzled me. So I looked through the living window and saw them both cuddled up very tightly together - Tia is not a dog-cuddler type at all. It's not all one-way traffic though; during the fireworks Jordon was quick to join Tia (who hates fireworks), cuddle up to her and lick her muzzle - really sweet - before running around barking at the fireworks to scare them away :goodjob.gif:
This is how I found them on my return, not even bothered enough to get off the sofa 0002.gif]
sofa_tia.jpg
Another big change is that Jordon now goes out in the garden alone (I watch from the kitchen window) and, more importantly, comes back in. As I'm sure Lynne will testify, he's always been a little rascal where coming back inside is concerned, stubborn as a mule. 0002.gif] I've always put him on either a long lead or tethered him with a training line, due to my garden not being secure and my neighbours (and Jordon's stubbornness). It's all changed now, he comes in straight away when called (the trick was to initially let him think it was his idea then gradually build from there). He pretty much ignores my neighbour now and knows the garden boundaries, the only thing I have to be careful of now is Tia being a bad influence as she can burrow her way through the fence to get next door (she keeps the old lady next door company during the week along with her dog).

Remember this? 0002.gif]
begging.jpg
He doesn't do this anymore I'm pleased to say. When we first started fostering Jordon, we would sit down to dinner at the table and he would literally be up on his back legs, front paws on the table and having a good look round for whatever he fancied 0002.gif] Now I can be a sofa slob and he just sleeps (or pretends to sleep) beside me, having learned that he always gets a little something so there's no point exerting himself by begging wink.gif

One other thing to mention is that I've been doing lots of work around the house over the past few months and Jordon has been excellent in letting me get on with it. I think this was actually a bit of a surprise as he's always been the sort of dog who wants to be involved in everything, but he feels so settled here these days that he's quite happy to leave me to get on with it while he gets on with the laborious task of sleeping :D

As for his bounce-bouce Tigger impressions, thankfully it rarely happens now. I know exactly when he's about to do it as he gives me 'that' look over his shoulder and I tell him 'no'. He still catches me out now and then when he's on the extender lead and too far away for me to catch his eye but I don't mind (as long as we're not traipsing through mud) sign_omg.gif 0002.gif]

This is how Jordon likes to travel, standing up in the back with his head on my shoulder. (Pic taken by Chelsey)
car.jpg
The Jordon cuddle-while-asleep
Selfie.jpg
His usual inquisitive self
horse.jpg
Perfect sit
sit.jpg
More cuddles
sofa2.jpg
Jordon is maturing in to a fine companion. He's not great with strangers and probablynever will be, but he spends 5% of his time out on walks and 95% at home being the perfect dog, can't really ask for more than that. love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Love this boy, pic from our walk on Friday love4.gif
PC153628.JPG
Focused on my treat bag !!!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I do love my Friday date with Jordan love4.gif
P1123699.JPG
He's been such a good boy on his walkies, and such a soppy lad, looking at me with those big eyes of his until it's his turn for a walk and when we go back to his kennel he gives me kisses if I ask xxx love4.gif
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

You know that feeling when something just feels so right? Well Jordon had that feeling today when he met potential adopters Dominic and Juliet. The first thing he saw when he jumped out of the car at the park was Dominic and Juliet holding Tia's lead and giving her a fuss, and within 20 paces he was showing a very keen interest in saying hello and making physical contact with Juliet woo.gif]

We went for a walk and within 20 minutes Jordon was happy to be walked by Juliet and then Dominic.
Park.jpg
We'd all expected this meet and greet to be the first of many, to gradually let Jordon settle into Dominic and Juliet's company. Jordon was happy to prove us all wrong :goodjob.gif:

The loving went on for a long time, I felt a bit guilty intruding on it with the camera so kept it short.

The best pic for me, how relaxed does he look? love4.gif
sofa.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Dominic came to the kennels this afternoon to have a 2nd meeting with Jordon. He was able to see Jordon play his usual wresting game with his harness and how he was bought into command for sit once some of his fizz has been expressed; worked well. Barking at the door and slight avoidance to acknowledge Dominic at the outset of the walk was also seen. We got the lead play 15 mins into his walk when both of us were holding a lead each... later in the walk just Dominic holding both leads he had some more lead play but nothing directed at Dominic just the leads.

A lovely walk with Jordon relaxed and Dominic returned him into his kennel.

All is well with the world...all is well :D :D :D
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Just to see or read of Jordon opening up and learning to accept people is just the best!

I couldn't help popping in as I was passing through yesterday. What was going to be 10-15 minutes turned into an hour of Jordon cuddles and affection. We had a conversation about how good a boy he's being meeting someone new. Special special boy with all the love in the world!
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Great to see Jordan coping with potential homers ............ very much like little RR Buttons I adopted, he has def been mistreated in the past and Buttons used to jump to grab the leads for the first 10 mins of every walk from the kennels........he also used to destroy harnesses in the kennel he was in, through stress.

At home with me, without the kennels hype and of course the time spent in an enclosed space which contributes to 'fizz' he has never grabbed the leads once, or even chewed any of his toys, he is the most perfect boy.........out and about I just have to be alert for situations he may find difficult, but that is no problem, he will never be an off lead dog, but I would not change one thing about him.

Fingers crossed Jordan can get home at last......he's still such a young dog and has been helped so much in foster and by the walkers , as John says he will always have to be carefully introduced to strangers, but that is easily managed and Jordan has so much love to give xXx :crossfingers.gif: love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”