Alfie (Buster) Staffie x Collie DofB 01.2017 Huddersfield/ and Ireland

Dogs that have found their forever home
mandyandmike

Re: Buster Staffie x Collie DofB 01.2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by mandyandmike »

Buster 4.jpg
On our walk today Buster did give me a little scare, he picked up a stick which I wasn`t expecting (I never encourage sticks as I know from experience with our old first dog the damage they can do) and before I could get it off him or discourage him from chewing it he had snapped it in half and then half again and then started retching and sort of choking.
I knew exactly what had happened - the bit of stick that was left had got wedged across the roof of his mouth, oh dear poor Buster - he was desperately trying to get it out but it was stuck firm, I had to quickly put my fingers in his mouth and pull it out, luckily as soon as I felt it I managed to get it out easily.
Just want to say I had no hesitation putting my hand in Busters mouth, I knew he wouldn`t bite, there is no edge to this young boy, he just seemed to know I was trying to help him. Good boy Buster and I made sure he didn`t pick up any more sticks on the way back! thumbs.gif
lucyloo

Re: Buster Staffie x Collie DofB 01.2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by lucyloo »

Karen and Gary drove a long way in the heat to meet our lad Buster. They brought their 11 yr old staffie Tess, who is to be Buster's older woman and mentor. Buster showed off his excellent doggy skills, not too over the top with Tess, and responded well when she told him off. It was very hot and the dogs coped well considering. We had a little saunter down to the river, where a swimming snake was the sighting of the day! Both dogs had a quick dip to cool down, then back to the paddock where Buster showed off, playing with a stuffed toy.
Buster is going to have a wonderful life and will hopefully settle once he realises that he's home for good!
Good luck lovely boy. Just look at that happy face!
Buster homing.jpeg
Last edited by lucyloo on Wed 27 Jun 2018 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
xxlynne

Re: Buster Staffie x Collie DofB 01.2017 Huddersfield/ and Ireland

Post by xxlynne »

What has made our day... has made Buster's life! Brilliant so happy for all Thank you
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Oh AT LAST! Buster is young, playful and very good with other dogs, I'm so glad someone has seen him for the star he is! Magnificent boy.
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Fabulous news, have lots of fun Buster but no sticks! love4.gif :smiley-dance017.gif:
Alfie

Post by Alfie »

Handsome boy in his new home.
Alfie 4 resize.jpg
Alfie

Post by Alfie »

Buster is now Alfie and he doesn't seem to mind that at all. He's settling in very well and learning to communicate gently with elder lady Tess.
Alfie7resized.jpg
Alfie 1resized.jpg
Alfie6resized.jpg
Alfie3 resized.jpg
Alfie

Post by Alfie »

Alfie had a problem with his soft bed! Thought that it was for destroying, so a plastic one with a dust sheet is where we have started from and have introduced a quilt underneath the dust sheet without him knowing! So far so good, although in all reality he would rather be on our bed!
Alfie 3resize.jpg
Alfie bedresize.jpg
Alfie bed 2resize.jpg
When I need to sleep resize.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Alfie suits him and such lovely photos, he looks gorgeous and he will learn to love his bed too! 0093.gif :goodjob.gif:
sweetpea

Re: Alfie (Buster) Staffie x Collie DofB 01.2017 Huddersfield/ and Ireland

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update and photos :thanks.gif: 0093.gif :goodjob.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”