Re: Loading photos

Re: Please bear with us!

Postby Wander Woman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:19 pm

As far as photo size goes, I got an error that said that photos had to be a maximum of 256k. Once I shrank my photos to that size or below it was smooth sailing. :)
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham
Wander Woman

Postby phil66 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Here's some at work I took off staffyhub site:
RR logo.png

RR logo link.png

rescue remedies logo.jpg
phil66

Postby MrsP » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:13 pm

I officially love the 'view unread posts' button and the little 'page' button that takes you directly to what you haven't read. I've always been a read-every-post-kind-of-a-bird so I'm super happy.
MrsP

Postby phil66 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 pm

800x600 should be fine on most PC's. It is a commonly used size. If you are getting scroll bars it may be your PC settings. If your zoom is generally over 110-120% then you will get scroll bars. Try reducing your zoom. Some devices will auto scale so unless the picture is a fair bit bigger it will show it all.
phil66

Postby AliKat » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi,

I am having lots of problems loading photos the correct way up onto the forum. I use my phone to take all of my photos and have been using webresizer and managed to reduce the size, crop etc. But once I've posted on the forum, using my PC computer, if I then check using my tablet or phone, some of the photos are upside down or sideways!

Does anyone know what the issue is? I expect it's something to do with the screen auto-rotation on my phone. I am also left handed, which also doesn't help with the auto-rotate - most of my pics have to be flipped 180 when I'm uploading and editing, but that's easily fixed. But then some pics have a mind of their own and I can't figure out why it's happening. See my thread updates today for Ziggy and Tedds for examples! I will try turning off auto-rotate tomorrow, but if anyone has any help/advice it would be greatly appreciated. smiley-sad010.gif

Ali
AliKat

Postby Rescue Remedies_2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi AliKat,
I just had a look at Ziggy and Tedds's threads and all the photos are right side up. Perhaps it is an issue with your tablet or phone?

Many users cannot upload photos to the Forum directly from their phones or tablets. If a user does this, the photos will often be rotated in the wrong direction. Since the Forum does not have an edit function for this, there is no way to fix photo rotation via the Forum. The photos have to be uploaded to a PC first, then loaded to the Forum. This is a known Forum issue.

Sorry for your difficulties. icon_e_sad.gif Thank you for posting lovely photos of RR dogs! :thanks.gif:
Rescue Remedies_2

Postby AliKat » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:24 pm

I've just managed to fix it, all to do with the phone and auto-rotation of the screen. It's trying to be clever but just caused me hours of work! Might just stick with an actual camera in future smiley-sad010.gif smiley-sad010.gif
AliKat

Return to Forum Tutorials & Forum News