Pepper Staffie DofB ?2013 Gravesend

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Pepper Staffie DofB ?2013 Gravesend

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Rehomed
DSCF2592.jpgpepper.jpg
Pepper's Story: Pepper was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Norfolk council pound in august 2015. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Pepper is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Pepper was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF2554.jpgpepper.jpg
DSCF2586.jpgpepper.jpg
DSCF2589.jpgpepper.jpg
DSCF2584.jpgpepper.jpg
DSCF2571.jpgpepper.jpg
Pepper's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
16.2.19 Can you offer any of our long stays a Rescue place: Pepper. F SBT. Beautiful lady. Been this is now her 4th year here with us in kennel. She was nippy with strangers at first but has developed trust she just melts at your feet for attention. She's can be selective with dogs to a point. Fully vaccs. Not spayed. Tashxx
Pepper.jpg
Pepper1.jpg
Chapmania

Re: Pepper Staffie DofB ?2013 Norfolk comes this week

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Pepper love4.gif xx
Simz

Re: Pepper Staffie DofB ?2013 Norfolk comes soon

Post by Simz »

Heart fill with love.gif] Hello gorgeous girl 😊
anne

Re: Pepper Staffie DofB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I have rather fallen in love with Pepper. Such a wonderful character and sooo cuddly.
Pepper was a little nervous as I entered her kennel so I knelt down and she came over and leant against me and nuzzled in for a cuddle. I was of course happy to oblige. Pepper was nervous again leaving her kennel but with reassurance she was happy to go for a potter with me. With Sue's help we did Pepper's photos shoot and she chose to sit or lie down through most of it. Pepper and I then set off to explore the woods. Pepper likes to potter and amble, taking her time to check out all the smells. This dear soul is in no hurry. We stopped in the Poet's hut and Pepper was quick to snuggle up for cuddles and when invited, jumped up onto the sofa and made herself comfortable. We sat there for quite a while, Pepper I am sure would have stayed all day as it was difficult to persuade her to move on. love, love, love this girl. love4.gif
DSCF2556.jpgpepper.jpg
DSCF2568.jpgpepper.jpg
DSCF2579.jpgpepper.jpg
DSCF2581.jpgpepper.jpg
Simz

Post by Simz »

Pepper is such a gorgeous girl! I met her on Monday but didn't walk her until today and what a pleasure! She is definitely more anxious in/around the kennels which is to be expected, but still very good, responsive and easy to handle. We went on a really long walk today and Pepper enjoyed exploring the trails and smells of the woodland, she is not pushy and is very gentle on lead, most of the walk she was either behind me or right by my feet. She regularly looked at me for reassurance and treats and with her gorgeous smile it's very hard not to oblige! She got plenty of 'good girls' too which she loves ❤️ And cuddles along the way when she would jump up and put her front paws on my thigh. We walked partly by the traffic to assess her reaction and while I sensed a very slight apprehension she was happy to trot along (with reassurance) in close proximity to the busy noisy road without any reaction at all. We did not meet any dogs on our travels but she done a sweet little nose touch with her neighbour Kieran on her way out. We also went to the paddock on our way back and Pepper enjoyed some off lead time. She was not fussed to play with any of the balls on offer but preferred a cuddle with me on the steps. She is so very calm and endearing. I know I say this a lot on these forums but I love her and wish I could take her home!! Which lucky person will get in quick to adopt her? 😍🐾
Susieblue

Post by Susieblue »

I walked Pepper today and she is really lovely, she was a little hesitant, she didn’t pull at all and I would have loved to take her home. I really hope she gets homed soon
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I can't believe Pepper was kennelled for four years!!!! Thought I'd read it wrong. I just met her this morning and straight away wished I could take her home with me. VERY friendly, not nippy, just oozing affection and wanting cuddles. We had a walk, she didn't pull at all and was totally fixed on me, making eye contact all the time and stuck beside me. I found Pepper to be very responsive to body language and voice. We passed several dogs and she was as good as gold. This girl loves her humans.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
#Lindsey

Post by #Lindsey »

I walked beautiful Pepper on Saturday, she is such a loving and happy girl. She loves cuddles and is very affectionate. She is interested in other dogs but it's easy to distract her away from them even without treats. She is an absolute treasure.🧡💛💚💜
IMG_20190401_123311-min-1056x1334.jpg
Emily111

Post by Emily111 »

Pepper is so very gentle. I said hello to her at her kennel door and went in, she wasn't nervous of me having not met me before and welcomed me with great excitement and licks. She takes treats so carefully out your fingers tilting her head so as not to let her teeth touch. She enjoyed a walk and walked at a steady pace not pulling at all. But what she enjoyed more was a cuddle. Pepper relaxed on the sofa of the poets hut and she definitely did not want to leave. I lost track of time just sitting stroking her enjoying her company. Somebody out there must be able to offer Pepper a sofa to curl up on!!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”