Millie Staffie DofB 16.02.14 St Leonard's on Sea

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Millie Staffie DofB 16.02.14 St Leonard's on Sea

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF6983.jpgmillie.jpg
Millie's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Bedfordshire pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Millie is now neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress. Millie was now in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family
DSCF6979.jpgmillie.jpg
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Millie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
DSCF6976.jpgmillie.jpg
Millie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 4.8.18:Hi Lynne wondered if you would have a space we are out of kennels looking for Millie a brindle staffie girl hit and miss in pound with dogs I think she’s stunning xx C
Milly2.JPG
Milly34.JPG
Chapmania

Re: Millie Staffie DofB 16.02.14 Bucks pound coming soon

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Millie love4.gif xx
xxlynne

Re: Millie Staffie DofB 16.02.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Millie cat tested yesterday beautifully yesterday

She then went for a walk in the park with Jasmine another Staffie really great

She was spayed and 1st vaccinated today. Easy peasy adoreable Staffie
xxlynne

Re: Millie Staffie DofB 16.02.14 St Leonard's on Sea

Post by xxlynne »

Rob & Rachel were very taken with Millie today and Millie was very taken with them...taken home!

Milliehomed.JPG
MillieHomed1.JPG
We shall see how she settles with the cats tortoises and snakes.. she is such a good girl
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:goodluck.gif: Millie Be a good girl :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: xx
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Millie has been a good girl 0002.gif]

Rob will be along soon I'm sure to update her thread.... celebrations
8x1rob

Post by 8x1rob »

Hi, I'm here...

So, Millie joined us on Saturday and rapidly decided that she liked it here!
She is very well trained, sits, does paw, knows "off" and "bed".
Millie is desperate to RUN, her recent spaying means that she isn't aloud to at the moment so chasing the cats has become a passtime only 1/4 of the participants enjoy. She has come along in leaps and bounds concidering Millie has only been here a week!
She is very cuddly, licky and loving. So very gentle with treats, calm and confident. Toys, especially Kongs are just the best things in the world, almost as good as rolling on the grass whilst making funny grayling noises! Cat treats are way better than dog's!

Millie adores people, any people, all people. Dogs are fun to say Hello to and cars must be got in, she doesn't care who's car! If there's an open car door she will try to get in it.

She is a stunning little girl!

Tortoises are very interesting, especially when they are having a bath in the sink. She is slow and gentle with them, almost to the point of motherly...

One sunny day last week when the back door was open she even dragged her bed outside!
Hayleycakes

Post by Hayleycakes »

:welcome.gif: Great update,, what a girl!
May see you around we are in little common
8x1rob

Post by 8x1rob »

Another week has gone by, the stitches are out and all has healed properly.
Millie is certainly finding her feet and venturing out on new walks almost daily (obviously gets walked at least twice a day but the places are new). This weekend we went to the Fire Hills, a very popular dog walking spot, she met many dogs and is very eager to say hello to them all but also walks past those who don't show interest. We went to a dog friendly tea rooms, she laid under the table whilst we had lunch and a slice. She is almost impeccably behaved, apart from licking a waitresses passing leg. 😂
Last week at another very popular walk, Church in the Woods she was approached by an off lead JRT who had a go at her, she stood her ground and told it off, immediately went to the welcoming sniffing routine once the line was drawn. She is very good with other dogs.
We also had some off lead time in the fenced grounds of the Scout Center my parents run, then a walk at Broom Hill (just past Camber Sands) she was freaked out by the sea to start with but got her feet wet eventually.
One cat is still in residence in the front room and parades around in front of her, she met a second today, finally. She sniffed Mable then went off in search of treats so definite progress there. Mable didn't stay long and returned to safety up stairs. The third cat is spending much more time indoors so we are getting there slowly but surely!
The tortoises must be tiptoed around and looked after when they are out, there is definitly some kind of maternal thing going on there I'm sure.
The selective deafness is getting worse 😁
She gave me a heart attack this morning when I got up, there was no dog! All the doors shut and locked, but no dog! She had somehow opened the sitting room door and was curled up on the end of the sofa having scattered the cushions on the floor. BUT!!! the box of posh biscuits, bag of Marshmallows and the dog treats were untouched on the coffee table! Quite a relief, on all fronts. I have double checked that the door is shut properly tonight and made sure the coffee table is clear, just in case... I wounder where she will be tomorrow morning???
8x1rob

Post by 8x1rob »

Haleycakes. If you do see us say "Hi" we're quite recognisable.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”