Rudi Staffie DofB 2008 - 14.09.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Rudi Staffie DofB 2008 - 14.09.18

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
Rudi37.jpg
Rudi's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rudi will be neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress. Rudi came into boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Rudi's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Rudi56.jpg
Rudi's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 04.08.18: Hi Lynne, Desperate any room? I’m hitting a massive brick wall for this boy and he really needs medical assessment I’ve got RUDI and a brindle boy desperate beyond belief
Rudi5656.jpg
Rudi5657.jpg
Rudi is a staff boy 10yrs . Rudi was a bit grumpy when come in, he would have episodes of growling at staff, he came round with the use of treats, food is his best friend! Rudi has a large suspicious looking lump on his underneath near his man parts and a couple of small lumps on body, he also has a undescended testicle. Rudi is not a cuddly boy, he likes to do his own thing, loves having a roll on his back and will come to you when he wants something. Xx C

Rudi comes as soon as we have space
Chapmania

Re: Rudi Staffie DofB 2008 Bucks Pound Coming soon

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Rudi love4.gif xx
rob_w

Re: Rudi Staffie DofB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by rob_w »

I had the pleasure of taking this little chap for a stroll while I waited for Neko's operation to finish. Lynne had warned me that he can be a grumpy old man, but perhaps he recognised that I am one of those as well and he was perfectly well behaved for me. He walks on a nice loose lead, is 100% attentive to commands and wasn't bothered at all by the busy road nor the people we passed as we walked. He is definitely an independent kind of dog, he didn't look for re-assurance at all, apart from when we came to a gate and then he gave me a "Well, come on then, do your human thing and open this" look. I get the feeling he would happily bond with people, but he needs to take it in his own time and not be swamped with affection.

He very much likes squirrels and other small furries, and when I say "likes" I don't mean he wants to take them down the pub for a couple of pints. We saw four squirrels on the walk and also a large rat that ran across the path about 2 feet in front of us, which he fixated upon instantly, however a "come on then Rudi, let's go" and a gentle tug on the lead got him moving again without another backwards glance.

We stopped for a fuss a couple of times and while he was perfectly happy to accept these as they were given, I didn't feel that he "needed" them. If you want a staffie that bounds up to you and showers you in kisses then he's unlikely to to be like that, however if you want an easy to walk and well "squared away" older boy then I don't think you could go wrong with this chap at all. If you or anyone in your family are squirrels you should probably look elsewhere as well....
xxlynne

Re: Rudi Staffie DofB 2008 - 14.09.18

Post by xxlynne »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sadly Rudi went in for his operation today to have his tumours removed and neutering. My vet examined him and said in fact it wasn't that he had an undecended testicle in fact he had a testicular tumour which because of the hormone reaction has made the other testicle shrink, The lump on his abdomen was 3 tumours grouped together. My vets call me to say they had difficulty putting the tube down his throat to then find he had a tumour in his throat and near his voice box. They felt it would be better to offer him Peace as he would soon have major problems.

Sadly we let him go...sadly we didnt take any pictures of him in the 2 days he was with us...he was stunningly beautiful and was very accepting and happy.

Our thanks to Cathy & Suzi for giving him this chance I only wish we could have helped him through this.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Bless dear Rudi, sleep tight knowing you were loved xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
rob_w

Post by rob_w »

I'm honestly heartbroken about this, I only met him for a short time yesterday but he was a lovely little chap. I am never going to forget to take pictures when walk a dog again.

I hope you enjoyed our walk yesterday Rudi, although neither of us knew at the time it would be your last :( Run free and have fun trying to catch those squirrel angels.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

So so sad ....run free sweet boy ... smiley-sad010.gif smiley-sad010.gif angel13.gif]
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I hadn't met Rudi and feel so sad for him [cry.gif]
Sleep tight angel13.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

[cry.gif] poor Rudi. Run free over the rainbow.
So very sad
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

I never met you Rudi but rest in peace now over the rainbow bridge. You can now run free xxx [cry.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”