Scamp Red Fell Terrier DofB 01.02.12 Cardiff

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Scamp Red Fell Terrier DofB 01.02.12 Cardiff

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Scamp76.JPG
Scamp's Story : Found stray with evidence of having been worked. He came over from Ireland to a Welsh Rescue holding for us, Terrierrescue: Rescue Remedies. Scamp is neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. He has a Rabies Passport. Scamp came 10.01.17 and was kennelled in Chessington & Gatwick

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Scamp's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Scamp57.JPG
Scamp74.JPG
Scamp's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 02.01.17: Hi Lynne, Happy New Year, hope you have had a reasonable break over the holiday period.

I am hoping my quota with you has renewed now with it being New Year and all that jazz and I am wondering if you could help with Scamp. As you may know I help with dogs from Ireland and on the last lot at the last minute they asked if they could add Scamp he had been rescued from travellers and they wanted him out. I agreed with the view of trying to place him once he was safe.
scampterrier.jpg
He has been used to work :( he has a very scarred face and tatty ears and was said to be used on badgers, the thought just makes me feel sick).
Anyway he's neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and passported. He has shared with dogs in the past but can be a little OTT at times. Very people friendly but here where we have cats, rabbits, sheep, chickens etc he is very distracted a lot of the time. I am kind of hoping that as you have experience with working terriers you would consider him, he is perfectly safe here so there is no pressure and if I am honest I should not have added him on the last bunch but could not bare the thought of him living that life any more.

I have attached pictures so you can have a look hes a very handsome dog, possible Irish Terrier cross.

Many Thanks Mikeyx

Scamp comes on the 10th Jan 17
Chapmania

Re: Scamp Red Fell Terrier DofB 01.02.12 Ireland-Wales-comes

Post by Chapmania »

Thank you Lynne! :welcome.gif: to the family Scamp. Safe with us :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
LinzDesigner

Post by LinzDesigner »

What a gorgeous boy, be lucky little man xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I met the cheeky Scamp today - he enjoyed a run around my garden and next thing I know he was virtually sitting on my garden chair with his feet on the table trying to slurp Lynnes coffee and eat the shortbread biccies !!! Lovely lad and sweet and gentle boy love4.gif
DSC02576.JPG
DSC02575.JPG
DSC02574.JPG
DSC02557.JPG
DSC02551.JPG
DSC02566.JPG
DSC02558.JPG
:cool.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Re: Scamp Red Fell Terrier DofB 01.02.12 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Scamp met our vet yesterday as the scab ob his muzzle was infected. Only a superficial infection and Scamp allowed Laura to clean off the old scab and clean the under wound. He is now on antibiotics to help the healing. Scamp claimed his name in the crate at the back of the dog mobile intent to reach items the other side of his crate and with ingenuity managed to pull 2 leads into his crate and make short work of them.

Then photoshoot with Sarah see above! Scamp is very food focused and we noticed this on the photoshoot he knew there were treats and human biscuits around and his attention was firmly on the hunt and paid no attention to the boundary fences and under shed creeks which most Fell terriers are drawn to.

Then on to cat & Chicken test another dog. I was running out of time but really thought it was worth seeing the ex working in those highly stimulating environment. many of the Irish dogs manage farm type environments and that is separate from their 'day/ night job' Scamp did surprisingly well with the chickens but was alert and attentive to the cats. No barking but wouldn't trust him to go closer.

A wonderful Irish boy who is a Red Fell Terrier but with Irish genetics mimics a short haired Irish Terrier as his size is a small Irish Terrier bitch size.
SallyW

Post by SallyW »

Walked Scamp today. Little nervous at first but after cuddles and treats during our walk we had a lovely time! Sweet boy.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely Scamp joined Lynne on a trip to the vets today to check out the wound on his nose, bless him, its infected and he has more antibiotics to try and heal it, wrap the tabs in cheese and they're down the hatch in one, easy peasy ! Scamp also has a gunky left eye so has eye drops for that and much to my surprise he's been an angel letting me put them in !

Scamp is very sweet, I've got a horrible cold so he's been lovely company today and got some r and r for himself as well, perfect arrangement ! He's staying tonight which he will love and so will I thumbs.gif
Scamp loves his food, would keep on going for ever I think if you let him !!! No worries with me around his bowl :D He did pinch my bagel cheeky little fella ! And would have had my chicken soup given half a chance ! Keen is how I would describe him !

Scamp has thoroughly enjoyed resting this afternoon, cuddled up with me on the sofa love4.gif

I've also given him a bath and whilst I don't think he enjoyed it he was good as gold, stood still and enjoyed the lather and rinse and then loved the towel dry thumbs.gif Scamp had his dinner and has been snoozing ever since love4.gif

Scamp has done very well this afternoon, I really don't think he's used to being an indoor dog, the tele was a surprise to him ! He did cock his leg inside a few times on arrival, marking or peeing, I'm not sure which but not much so I think maybe marking ! I've let him out on a few occasions and praised him for having a pee in the garden this afternoon and we've not had any accidents for a while. I'm not convinced he's properly house trained but he is very keen to please so picking it up well and most importantly poops were done outside ! :D

For a working lad he is so loving and gentle, definitely a big softie at heart love4.gif

Cuddle time as I rested on the sofa...
IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4773.JPG
IMG_4774.JPG
love4.gif :smiley-gen132.gif: love4.gif

More snuggles...
IMG_4769.JPG
IMG_4770.JPG
IMG_4775.JPG
And post bath snuggles and cuddles thumbs.gif
IMG_4776.JPG
IMG_4777.JPG
Relaxed !
Relaxed !
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4781.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG
IMG_4783.JPG
IMG_4784.JPG
IMG_4785.JPG
Love him love4.gif
jules

Post by jules »

Little Scamp is certainly lapping up all the love and attention. Hope the infection clears soon. Lovely boy. Hope you're feeling better soon too Sarah. :thanks.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Thanks Jules, he is an absolute sweetheart, such a softie love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

So ex working Terrier becomes biggest softie ever love4.gif
And he makes a very wonderful, gentle and loving biggest softie ever love4.gif
Scamp is utterly adorable love4.gif xxx

On the housetraining front Scamp did go to try and mark a couple of times in my bedroom last night when he first went in but delighted to confirm no issues overnight or this morning and outside for pee and poop around 8am, what a good boy :D

His face was a picture when he looked in the long mirror in my bedroom...
Who's that handsome boy then !!!
Who's that handsome boy then !!!
Is he still there ??!!
IMG_4797.JPG
cute eh :D

Some more snugly shots from yesterday evening :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_4791.JPG
IMG_4789.JPG
IMG_4790.JPG
IMG_4792.JPG
IMG_4793.JPG
IMG_4794.JPG
IMG_4795.JPG
you can see the scabby infected bit on his nose bless, he's very good and doesn't touch it with his paw but does rub his left eye which is the one he has his eye drops for. An angel again, quiet as a mouse and still for me putting his drops in this morning - there's not many do that !

Bedtime, Scamp slept very well last night zzz zzzzz zzzzzzzz, I can completely confirm he loves being a daft soft soppy house dog love4.gif
IMG_4798.JPG
Post brekkie sit on the sofa
IMG_4799.JPG
And outside - Scamp looks soooo handsome in the sunshine :D
IMG_4800.JPG
IMG_4801.JPG
IMG_4802.JPG
And back to bed for a lie in, lovely to have an excuse for it !
IMG_4803.JPG
IMG_4804.JPG
IMG_4806.JPG
IMG_4807.JPG
Scamp has totally won my heart love4.gif when you read ex worker Terrier you tend to have a preconception in your head, well I do even though I know I shouldn't ! Scamp is such a mega gentle loving softie that he has taught me once again to ignore any preconceptions and not form judgements until you meet ! I can't help but think he must have been quite a rubbish working Terrier though !
One thing I can confirm, meet Scamp and he will win your heart in an instant :smiley-love014.gif: thumbs.gif
Super super boy, love you Scamp xxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”