Scarlett Lurcher DofB ?2013 Church Crookham

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Scarlett Lurcher DofB ?2013 Church Crookham

Postby xxlynne » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Current Status: Homed

Scarlet37.JPG

Scarlett's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Scarlett is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Scarlett was in foster with 3 other dogs and cats; Scarlett is very barky on sight of dogs as she wants to meet and play with them but is an issue which she improves with once settled but is the main issue which is stopping her finding her rightful home. Scarlett was fostered in a multi-dog household in Cove Hampshire

Summary of homing requirements:
Scarlett is a pretty sweet lady 3 year old Lurcher who is human & dog fluent after her initial settling nerves. She is yearning to trust and relax. Easy lurcher in many ways: She can grumble, talk to & play noisily with dogs. Now spayed & ready for her family. Housetrained with attention on rainy days! Scarlett is affectionate and somehow vulnerable. Syrup

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months when they are sure of their dogs instincts & skills, so as not to place dog's lives at risk (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Scarlett's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time and tolerance to allow them to settle.
Scarlet48.jpg
Scarlet22.JPG
Scarlet38.JPG

Scarlett's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam in Broxbourne has asked us to prepare Scarlett for homing and find her a stable loving family

Scarlett comes into us Mid October once we have secured a spay recovery foster place.
xxlynne

Re: Scarlett Lurcher DofB TBAss Brox Kenns awaiting spay pla

Postby Sarahk » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 pm

What a sweetheart :smiley-love014.gif:
DSC01000.JPG
DSC01037 - Copy.JPG
DSC01038.JPG
DSC01037.JPG
DSC01039.JPG
DSC01008.JPG
DSC01050.JPG
DSC01040.JPG
DSC01047.JPG

And I just love the next series of photographs, Scarlett with Ryan, the interaction was wonderful, Scarlett took so much confidence from Ryan and Ryan was so supportive and gentle with the lovely Scarlett, so heartwarming to see how are dogs are so cared for by the kennel staff, they really do become their rock thumbs.gif
DSC01013.JPG
DSC01019.JPG
DSC01020.JPG
DSC01021.JPG
DSC01022.JPG
DSC01025.JPG
DSC01026.JPG

Kiss of love.gif

Lynne meeting Scarlett :D
DSC01057.JPG
DSC01060.JPG

Looking forward to seeing Scarlett blossom and grow in confidence love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Scarlett Lurcher DofB ?2013 Brox Kenns awaiting spay pla

Postby xxlynne » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Scarlett came out today and met our vet and had her 1st vaccination. When we returned we spend time in Lee Valley Nature Reserve ...Patch a local Staffie and his little boy owner met Scarlett and joined us for a walk

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

ScarletOct8.jpg
ScarletOct7.jpg
ScarletOct6.jpg
ScarletOct5.jpg
ScarletOct3.jpg
ScarletOct2.jpg
ScarletOct1.jpg

ScarletOct4.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Scarlett Lurcher DofB ?2013 Milton Surrey Foster

Postby xxlynne » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Scarlett has gone into foster with Linda and Tosca...here they all are meeting yesterday

ScarlettOct1.jpg
Scarlett & Tosca
ScarlettOct2.jpg
Linda, Scarlett & Tosca
ScarlettOct3.jpg
ScarlettOct4.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Scarlett Lurcher DofB ?2013 Milton Surrey Foster

Postby xxlynne » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Scarlett was spayed on Tuesday 8th and has been healing well. Our thanks to Linda for providing her with this great service
xxlynne

Re: Scarlett Lurcher DofB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Postby HugoMason » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:35 pm

I walked Scarlett today. She is the sweetest, saddest dog I have seen in a long time. She doesn't seem to be loving life in the kennels.

She seemed quite anxious around traffic so we opted for a nice walk along the river. She walks gently to heel and likes to be close to you.

We encountered several dogs of different sizes along the way. Scarlett was good as gold each time we did and politely went up to say hello.

She likes to lean right up against you when she's getting a bit of love. I don't think she'll be with us for very long. I urge any adopters out there to come and see her!
HugoMason

Re: Scarlett Lurcher DofB ?2013 Cove Hants short term foster

Postby Nurse Flo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:04 pm

IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1225.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG

Scarlett has come for a short holiday away from kennels as she is a skinny minny (even for a lurcher) so we need to keep her warm and maybe get some meat on those bones.

I hadn't met her before today and yet she happily jumped into my car and not a peep during the 30 minute journey.

She has settled nicely with my 3 dogs and met my very dog savvy cat without any problems.

I had heard that Scarlett could be a nervy soul and that is true but only sometimes. I think that she has had some harsh treatment previously as she easily gets scared. When the plastic bottle I was drinking out of made a cracking noise she was petrified and the same when I loudly called my dogs in from the garden for their dinner. At other times though I am pleased to say that that she is a complete happy loon tearing around the garden at 100 mph with the other dogs (not that the other dogs can keep up with her!)

We look forward to giving this beautiful, affectionate soul some TLC.
Nurse Flo

Postby Nurse Flo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:59 am

Not quite what we were expecting when fostering a lurcher but Scarlett seems to much prefer the company of a cat than another dog!

IMG_1229.JPG
Nurse Flo

Postby Nurse Flo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 am

IMG_1231.JPG

Nah, bored of the cat so have gone to join the dogs instead
Nurse Flo

Postby Nurse Flo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:50 pm

IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1236.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG
Scarlett is a very sweet soul and so very calm and gentle.
Sadly, she can be spooked and scared of things that she shouldn't be worried about so I can only imagine what a tough life she has had to date.

She had another mad half an hour charging around the garden this afternoon with those long legs of hers going everywhere but with such speed! She looked so happy as she threw a ball around like a mad thing so luckily her previous tough life hasn't damaged her soul too deeply.

We had a walk around a busy town today and she walked happily and confidently with me and appeared not at all bothered by the noise and the comings and goings.

She has been completely clean in the house since she arrived yesterday so seems house trained.

Scarlett is very, very loving and really needs a special someone to be her friend. She will repay you a million times over.
Nurse Flo

Postby Nurse Flo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:48 pm

IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1240.JPG

Scarlett's happy, cheeky side is coming out to play on a more regular basis I am happy to report.
She can though be heartbreakingly sad......... blu1.gif Today I lifted my hand to scratch my head and poor Scarlett must have thought that I was going to wollop her as she cowered so pitifully right down on the floor and closed her eyes. The poor love. I gave her loads of cuddles and kisses and she soon got over the trauma and ran joyfully around the garden with a tennis ball in her chops.

Scarlett met my nervy, flighty cat today (Rescue - cruelty case) and behaved perfectly around her. I couldn't have hoped for a better reaction from Scarlett to my precious moggies.

We had a nice walk today with my friend and her 2 ex- racing Rescue greyhounds. Scarlett was a little vocal on meeting them but soon settled and had a polite pointy nose to pointy nose meeting.
Nurse Flo

Postby Nurse Flo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:08 pm

IMG_1243.JPG

Ni night everyone
Nurse Flo

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed