Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Deal Temp Foster

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Deal Temp Foster

Postby xxlynne » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:15 am

Current Status: Available

Jethro035.jpg

Jethro needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Large dog experience would mean the family are accepting of his 'fun' and his need to express energy and enthusiasm as a young dog. Secure garden and exit management as Jethro is intelligent and may try to follow: Always enclosed whilst out with care around lever doors: This lad is adores companionship but settles in own company! NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Known background: Jethro was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound July 14. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Jethro's life. Now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Is in boarding kennels in Guildford enjoying walks within a public arena.

About Jethro: Jethro is bright, full of fun and trains well. He engages with commands and has been learning to walk with slack on the lead after his initial enthusiasm of being free from his kennel. Jethro has curiosity, ventures forward to understand, meet and engage. Jethro isn't leapy and has quite a settled energy which is masked within the hype of kennels. The defining characteristic of Jethro is he loves to explore, with his loved people. Has capability of getting over a high fence but would only if he was intent to re engage with company, i.e. bored: Found in a Jack Russell's kennel one morning at the kennel, both pleased as punch! Jethro can live with another dog.

Jethro is a large Mastiff x with a ready smile and intelligent engagement shining through his eyes. Very gentle around people and settles walking with other dogs, meeting other dogs well given slack and walked on by. Jethro's walks are about sniffing; seeing and cuddles whenever there is a rest moment. Devotional to his 'owner/ handler' so very popular. Great guy in everyway!

Visit Jethro's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Jethro93.jpg
Jethro33.jpg
jethro27.jpg

See Jethro's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral details: 19th July 14: Lynne can you squeeze this boy in he is due for PTS on Monday and they will. Im sinking in Staffies & I know you are too.
"Hi Michelle,
Hope you are well. We have dog tested & he seems dog friendly."

Jethro1.jpg

Jethro.jpg

Jethro2.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Jethro Large Crossbreed DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Jethro5.jpg

Spent the day with Jethro at my side today. Travelled in the passenger seat, he did over react slightly when Marlie jumped in the back seat crate I stern no! from me and he was "sweetness and light" touching noses with Marlie throughout the journey. He does have an element to initially over act to dog noises or dogs walking passed the dog mobile but again one word from me and he was self corrected. We travelled around the North circ. and M25 over the Dartford bridge and waited whilst I dropped dogs off at the vets. We went on to the kennels and patiently waited whilst Marlie had time out in the paddock and a walk after before Marlie went into his kennel. Jethro then went into the paddock to enjoy 'freedom' ...the day was hot

Jethro4.jpg

Jethro3.jpg

Video: Short Glimpse

Video: Another Short Glimpse

Jethro6.jpg

Jethro7.jpg

We then went to another vets and Ben the vet checked Jethro over and gave him his first vax. When we got to the kennels Jethro made an attempt to jump a 9 ft gate and I thought you know something Jethro you would make a good go for that and then I remembered I had been aware he was sizing up the 6' fencing in the paddock...hum I wonder how Jethro was found stray?! Held him firmly walking down the kennels with dogs either side half way through I was able to let him touch noses with each dog behind their door. Big friendly chap who will listen, and has good manners. He isn't overtly licky but enjoys closeness

PS Probably Georgi's litter brother identical and found some part of London
xxlynne

Postby WaggyTails » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:01 am

Wowser! :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :iagree.gif:

I can't understand why these boys are homeless. Jethro looks in wonderful health with a glistening coat. I'd love to find the previous owner and find out what breed mixes are in them! They've both got springy legs, trying to escape over fences then!

Georgi brings so much joy into his foster home, just like Jackson did last year. Young, enthusiastic, intelligent, sweet natured and loving. Jethro will hopefully prove to be just the same, with that wonderful big heart and happy face. As proved by his willingness to be corrected and aiming to please. Scrummy!
STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
WaggyTails

Postby xxlynne » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Jethro had a lovely walk with Tim , Rachel and Friday crew only to travel over to Godstone and find himself having a nice sleep at the vet to awake to find a little difference 'below' and 2 blue socks where his dew claws used to be. Bemused he is sleeping the 'neutering episode' off. Bless
xxlynne

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:03 pm

We took Jethro for a short walk before taking him over to Godstone (he was very good in the car, sitting at Rachel's feet ) where he then had a nice runaround in the paddock.
he's like a gentle giant and is so friendly :biggrin.gif:

untitled-0002.jpg
untitled-0014.jpg
untitled-0055.jpg
untitled-0035.jpg

Sitting patiently for a treat
untitled-0017.jpg

Tummy tickle time
untitled-0032.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Re: Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Godstone Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Jethro has been interfering with his ex-dew claws so I had to rush him to our vets yesterday. He is now on AntiBs and they are being kept clean with salted water by the kennel staff; vet review again Friday. Had a lovely run in the paddock still a little too enthused approaching dogs but alwayss playful when encountering them through mesh or doorways. He loves to hear 'Good boys' he listens intently and after awhile you can secure a little lick as a means of appreciation :oops:
xxlynne

Postby xxlynne » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Jethro is doing so well. Dew claws now fully healed; a trip to the vets on 18th Aug when he had his stitches out and 2nd vaccination...always a sign our dogs are ready for their homes..Jethro so is
xxlynne

Postby Sarahk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Jethro helped me show news walker Hazel the ropes today, a very good boy he was too :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Jethro and I enjoyed a lovely walk yesterday. We set off down the bridleway and in the first field to the left there was a fox stood staring at us both ! Jethro and the fox both stood still staring for a while and then the fox shot through the hedgerow at the side of the field, that got Jethro interested and he was keen to investigate ! Focus back on his walk and past said hedge and who's there staring at us again ... Yep, Foxy Loxy !!! Not so long a staring match this time and the fox shot back the other way through the hedge ! Jethro was distracted easily and we continued on our walk, what next, 2 horses in the field on our right interested to see what we were doing !

For the horses Jethro sat bolt upright, taking it all in, watching their every move but sitting still as a mouse !
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thankfully after that there were no more interruptions to our walk ! We continued to the field and Jethro lapped up some affection, sitting on my lap, pretending he was a little dog !!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Beautiful face has our Jethro...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Indeed a beautiful boy through and through :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby xxlynne » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Jethro captured by photographer Daniel as few weeks ago

Jethro51.jpg
xxlynne

Postby chinquest » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:16 pm

I officially met Jethro today, such a calm polite boy in his kennel, if he could he'd have put his harness on himself! Then into our paddock for a release of energy, Jethro isn't into fetch yet so, tired of running back and forth (me not him) I tried throwing out treats for him, he got the idea though wasn't brilliant at finding them :biggrin.gif: Then we were off for walkies , Jethro is quite strong on the lead. His collar broke during our walk so we headed for the RR room to find a replacement and Jethro was once again the very calm polite boy. He gave me the impression he'd be very easy to train, really lovely friendly boy full of energy outside and very calm and polite indoors.
chinquest

Postby SarahW » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:47 pm

I had my first walk with Jethro on Saturday. Wow have I been missing out. Jethro is awesome. He was a breeze to harness and I thought he would be quite a hard walk but I was pleaseantly surprised. He is not as big as I thought he was and although strong he was still within my capability.

Martin was walking behind as with Jock and provided enough space was left between the two both dogs were unconcerned by each other. Martin did tell me Jethro was not keen on horses and then about 5 minutes later a horse appeared with rider on the bridleway and my first thought was ut-oh! I stepped Jethro right to the side of the path and held him securely expecting a big reaction and then...nothing. I am not sure if it was the heavy rain or my expecting the worse but Jethro was not interested either way!

The rain really came down on our walk and Jethro didn't look too impressed but just kept walking. By this time he was pulling much less on the lead and was an lovely companion.

I towelled him off in the kennel and then held my arms out for a cuddle. Jethro sat on my lap stright away and we did not move for at least half an hour. He loves cuddles and is so gentle that I just couldn't leave him. What an amazing boy.

Sorry for the rubbish pictures but rain prevented me getting any better shots.

Jethro1.jpg
Jethro2.jpg
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Next

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS