Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Waterlooville

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Waterlooville

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Jethro2018a.jpg
Jethro was our RescueRemedies Dog of the month for December 2018
Jethro's Story: Jethro was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within an East London council pound. We offered a Rescue place, saving his life. Jethro is a Mastiff cross who has been with our rescue since 2014. He is more than ready for his forever family! A gentle giant is our Jethro. He is a friendly, big, strong boy who needs a secure home, preferably with large dog experience.

Jethro loves people, is devoted to his owner/handler, and also meets new people with gusto and love! He can't wait to be best mates! Jethro has been fostered with another dog and walks well with other dogs. He could live with another dog. Jethro loves to explore with his loved people. This lad adores companionship but also settles in his own company. Jethro travels well in a car.

Jethro loves to play ball, is bright, full of fun, and trains well. He engages with commands and has been learning to walk with a slack lead once his initial excitement upon going for a walk has dissipated. Jethro isn't leapy and has quite a settled energy, especially in the home. Jethro can be an escape artist. He needs a secure garden and exit management as he is capable of getting over a high fence, but would only do this if he was intent to re-engage with his people, sees a small animal, or is bored. Care also will be needed with lever doors in the home. Jethro is not for small furries. Jethro is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Jethro had his dew claws removed in 2014. He is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
JethroGareth.JPG

Jethro93.jpg
Jethro33.jpg
jethro27.jpg

Jethro035.jpg
Jethro's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
19th July 14: Lynne can you squeeze this boy in he is due for PTS on Monday and they will. I'm sinking in Staffies & I know you are too.
"Hi Michelle, Hope you are well. We have dog tested & he seems dog friendly."
Jethro1.jpg
Jethro.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Jethro Large Crossbreed DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Jethro5.jpg
Spent the day with Jethro at my side today. Travelled in the passenger seat, he did over react slightly when Marlie jumped in the back seat crate I stern no! from me and he was "sweetness and light" touching noses with Marlie throughout the journey. He does have an element to initially over act to dog noises or dogs walking passed the dog mobile but again one word from me and he was self corrected. We travelled around the North circ. and M25 over the Dartford bridge and waited whilst I dropped dogs off at the vets. We went on to the kennels and patiently waited whilst Marlie had time out in the paddock and a walk after before Marlie went into his kennel. Jethro then went into the paddock to enjoy 'freedom' ...the day was hot
Jethro4.jpg
Jethro3.jpg

Jethro6.jpg
Jethro7.jpg
We then went to another vets and Ben the vet checked Jethro over and gave him his first vax. When we got to the kennels Jethro made an attempt to jump a 9 ft gate and I thought you know something Jethro you would make a good go for that and then I remembered I had been aware he was sizing up the 6' fencing in the paddock...hum I wonder how Jethro was found stray?! Held him firmly walking down the kennels with dogs either side half way through I was able to let him touch noses with each dog behind their door. Big friendly chap who will listen, and has good manners. He isn't overtly licky but enjoys closeness

PS Probably Georgi's litter brother identical and found some part of London
Tim

Re: Jethro Large Crossbreed DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Tim »

We took Jethro for a short walk before taking him over to Godstone (he was very good in the car, sitting at Rachel's feet ) where he then had a nice runaround in the paddock.
he's like a gentle giant and is so friendly :biggrin.gif:
untitled-0002.jpg
untitled-0014.jpg
untitled-0055.jpg
untitled-0035.jpg
Sitting patiently for a treat
untitled-0017.jpg
Tummy tickle time
untitled-0032.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Sarahk

Re: Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Godstone Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Jethro helped me show news walker Hazel the ropes today, a very good boy he was too :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Jethro and I enjoyed a lovely walk yesterday. We set off down the bridleway and in the first field to the left there was a fox stood staring at us both ! Jethro and the fox both stood still staring for a while and then the fox shot through the hedgerow at the side of the field, that got Jethro interested and he was keen to investigate ! Focus back on his walk and past said hedge and who's there staring at us again ... Yep, Foxy Loxy !!! Not so long a staring match this time and the fox shot back the other way through the hedge ! Jethro was distracted easily and we continued on our walk, what next, 2 horses in the field on our right interested to see what we were doing !

For the horses Jethro sat bolt upright, taking it all in, watching their every move but sitting still as a mouse !
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thankfully after that there were no more interruptions to our walk ! We continued to the field and Jethro lapped up some affection, sitting on my lap, pretending he was a little dog !!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Beautiful face has our Jethro...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Indeed a beautiful boy through and through :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Jethro captured by photographer Daniel as few weeks ago
Jethro51.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had my first walk with Jethro on Saturday. Wow have I been missing out. Jethro is awesome. He was a breeze to harness and I thought he would be quite a hard walk but I was pleaseantly surprised. He is not as big as I thought he was and although strong he was still within my capability.

Martin was walking behind as with Jock and provided enough space was left between the two both dogs were unconcerned by each other. Martin did tell me Jethro was not keen on horses and then about 5 minutes later a horse appeared with rider on the bridleway and my first thought was ut-oh! I stepped Jethro right to the side of the path and held him securely expecting a big reaction and then...nothing. I am not sure if it was the heavy rain or my expecting the worse but Jethro was not interested either way!

The rain really came down on our walk and Jethro didn't look too impressed but just kept walking. By this time he was pulling much less on the lead and was an lovely companion.

I towelled him off in the kennel and then held my arms out for a cuddle. Jethro sat on my lap stright away and we did not move for at least half an hour. He loves cuddles and is so gentle that I just couldn't leave him. What an amazing boy.

Sorry for the rubbish pictures but rain prevented me getting any better shots.
Jethro1.jpg
Jethro2.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Well after such wonderful cuddles from Jethro on Saturday I was glad to see he was due a walk today. He gave me the loveliest welcome in his kennel and sat politely while I put his harness on. He was very keen to get walking so out we headed. His keenest combined with the mud on the bridleway was quite exciting, my only fear being I might end up crashing down on him! Jethro does pull at the start but I am sure with regular walks this would soon calm down. This enthusiasm lasts about 15 minutes and then he settles down into a more relaxed pace. Jethro spotted the horses on the field today and was very interested but nothing more than having a good look. I really like this boy. He is a really interesting character. The best bit about walking Jethro is the cuddles in the kennel after. He would happily let you sit there all day with him I reckon and it is hard to drag myself away!
Jeth2.jpg
Jeth3.jpg
Jeth1.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Zoe organised one of her epic saturday walks today where she gets as many dogs and walkers out on one longer walk. So I booked mine and Jethro's place on this epic adventure. Jethro can pull a bit so we had a paddock time before to try and wear him out a bit! :biggrin.gif: Jethro doesn't have much interest in balls so I ran about and Jethro followed. This made me think he would love a bit of agility training, he is very responsive to his name and loves to run. Anyway all these shenanigans ensured I was worn out but Jethro less so. :D

He was such a good boy waiting in the car park with other dogs before we set off. Then we joined at the back (mainly so if I ran out of steam I could sneak us off back to the kennels but don't tell Zoe that). Jethro was excited at first by all the other dogs and walkers but he settled within minutes and really seemed to enjoy himself. We walked with Cosmo and Martin, and Debbie and Henry. As the walk progressed Jethro really chilled and was walking very close to Henry and Cosmo. I was so pleased to be with Jethro, he is such an cool boy who I think really appreciated a longer walk. By the end he was so tired that when we got back I could walk him through the kennel block without him bating an eyelid at the other dogs. He had a super long drink and was too tired to give me the usual lovely cuddles - there is gratitude for ya! I think he will sleep well tonight! I just love this boy to bits! :smiley-gen132.gif:
Jeth1.jpg
Jeth2.jpg
Jeth3.jpg
Jeth4.jpg
Jeth5.jpg
Jeth6.jpg
Jeth7.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Had some paddock time and a walk with Jethro on Tuesday. The more he gets to know me the more he opens up which is always a wonderful thing that happens when getting to regularly walk RR dogs. Jethro doesn't seem interested in fetch with a ball but when I throw the blue kong, that has been in the little paddock the last few times, Jethro loves it. He runs off to fetch it then comes back and with a bit of encouragement drops it so I can throw it again. He is getting the hang of this and starting to enjoy a game of fetch with me. Now I am getting use to Jethro I am finding him much easier to walk and I am certain with regular exercise Jethro would be easy on the lead. I am loving getting to know this lad. I think an active home would suit Jethro where he could burn off his energy and then get the cuddles he craves after!
jeth1.jpg
Jeth2.jpg
Jeth3.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”