Roxie Shepherd Lurcher DofB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Roxie Shepherd Lurcher DofB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 am

Current Status: Available

Roxie40.JPG

Roxie's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Roxie is now neutered; is chipped and fully vaccinated. Roxie arrived in Gatwick Kenns on the 10th July.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Roxie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Roxie39.JPG
Roxie45.jpg
Roxie47.jpg

Roxie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 10.04.17: Roxie is at another rescue, booked in to be Put to sleep on 12th April. Came in from a homeless person with little to no training. The rescue were told she was not good with other dogs but said they hadn't experience of this so took her on and homed her with 2 terrier types (un neutered). When in the home she fought with the two resident terrier size dogs ( I believe) in the first 24 hours, was returned to the rescue. Since the return has become increasingly more difficult to walk carrying nerves and apprehension. Adam x
Roxie.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Roxie Shepherd Lurcher DofB TBAss Another Rescue comes s

Postby Chapmania » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:49 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Roxie love4.gif xx
Chapmania

Postby Christinetully » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:31 pm

:cool.gif: Welcome Roxie - stability and care will be yours - I hope she'll be at Gatwick ... can't wait to meet her. love4.gif
Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had! :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Christinetully

Postby montyjack2 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:07 am

Just needs to be shown the way xxxxxxx
montyjack2

Re: Roxie Shepherd Lurcher DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Postby bizlate » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:37 pm

We recently had the pleasure of walking the lovely Roxie :D

20170603_160900-480x480.jpg
Lovely girl stepping out on a walk

20170603_163726-480x480.jpg
"What you looking at, walker lady?"

She is an elegant girl and much less shy than I had expected – she was measured in her affections but did not seem afraid. She really enjoyed a head scratch and readily lay down next to us when we sat down on a bench, lapping up some gentle affection.

20170603_162436-480x480.jpg
Enjoying a head scratch

20170603_163853-480x480.jpg
Chilling out on our feet

20170603_171501-480x479.jpg
Happy to take 5

All dogs come out of kennels like a steam train – it’s exciting! But like many of our lovelies, Roxie soon settled down to an easy stroll (see below). She was not difficult to manage on the lead in terms of walking along – I had expected her to be all over the place given her informal background – but the only issue I had was that she is very, very strong. She didn’t use it against me deliberately at all (in fact I don’t think she even knows her own strength) but I know that I could not have controlled her if she had chosen to spook or run – once or twice she briefly pulled to the side to investigate an interesting sight or smell... she never did it at speed, but resistance was akin to pulling on a steam roller. With this in mind she will probably need a bigger owner than me to keep her safe on walks! (NB My husband is a big man and would have had no problem resisting her steam roller effect).

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Roxie is what my husband calls 'a proper dog' (as opposed to one of our beloved, effusive, OTT staffies!) 0002.gif] She strode along on our walk, took treats beautifully, and I’m sure she would love to lie by someone’s feet in a living room somewhere.

20170603_161546-480x480.jpg
Sitting beautifully for a treat

20170603_171924-480x480.jpg
Gentle with treats

20170603_163728-480x480.jpg
Lovely Roxie

It was a very quiet day in the park as it was so warm! But Roxie was calm passing a mid sized dog on the other side of a small car park on our way for a cooling paddle :D

20170603_162322-480x480.jpg
Paddle time!

20170603_162324-480x480.jpg
Roxie was confident but calm in the water

I will leave you with these pictures of Roxie showing off some manners that she's picked up from somewhere - we were very surprised to be offered a paw, unprompted! Could she be any more pleased with herself? love4.gif

20170603_171753-480x480.jpg
Polite lady

20170603_171827-480x480.jpg
A glorious paw!
bizlate

Postby SarahB(froggs) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you bizlate for a lovely write up on Roxie, it really gave us an insight before we picked her up for a post spay rest.

Roxie has been with us since Thursday evening. We have both fallen for her charms lol!!

Roxie is such a lovely dog. She settled straight away. She likes her memory foam bed we have for her. She doesn't like the sofa or beds but enjoys your company down on the floor on her bed. Roxie can curl up into the smallest of dogs, which is surprising due to her long legs!

Roxie LOVES and ADORES cuddles lol
love4.gif you can touch her anywhere when she's awake or asleep and she will just turn onto her back and wants more. Today I have even got to brush her teeth with doggy toothpaste!

Roxie is very good around food. When we eat she will just lie down and ignore us. Roxie has no food guard, but then we give her space when she eats, but I have held her food bowl so she can get that last elusive biscuit! She eats well, currently on 3 meals a day.

She sleeps through the night and is house trained, which we were unsure about due to her history. She will let you know if she needs to go out.

Roxie is currently in a suiticle recovery suit to protect her stitches, which she accepts.

At the moment she sleeps a lot which has helped us keep her sedate.

Roxie did like to barge out of the back door when we opened it, but in just a couple of days she will now stand behind me and let me open the door first. In our back garden I do keep her on the lead, but now away from kennels she doesn't pull as much, and will listen to you.

Roxie adores my partner Ralf lol!!! Heart fill with love.gif] so she has no issues around men.

Although Roxie is quite tall, our house is small but because she can curl herself up so small it doesn't feel like you have a big dog in the house. Her coat is sooooo soft!

She is very intelligent girl and quick to learn. Very very chilled in the house....

We were thinking she might be Shepherd x Lurcher cross?
Last edited by SarahB(froggs) on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarahB(froggs)

Postby SarahB(froggs) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Roxie couldn't figure out shadows on the carpet yesterday from the sun! I do apologise for the camo pink suitacle! It's the only colour I could get in a hurry lol
DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0135.jpg

Roxie couldn't understand the spot of sunlight on the wall, but as you can see, although curious over the shadows, she didn't bark or frett just interested.
SarahB(froggs)

Postby SarahB(froggs) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Roxie likes to eat laying down
DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg
SarahB(froggs)

Postby SarahB(froggs) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Roxie chilling out in the garden today. She has the softest kissable face with ears to match xx
DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg
SarahB(froggs)

Postby Chapmania » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:40 pm

0093.gif :nicethread.gif: :thanks.gif: for having Roxie to stay Sarah. It sounds a very tough job! 0002.gif] angel13.gif] xx
Chapmania

Re: Roxie Shepherd Lurcher DofB TBAss Rowfant Temp Foster

Postby SarahB(froggs) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:47 pm

It's a very tough job Chapmania lol!

I forgot to mention Roxie travelled very well in the car, on the back seat when we brought her home, she did enjoy having her nose out the window and watch the world go by.

She has experienced the washing machine, dishwasher, hoover and petrol lawnmower and ignores them all.

Today we've had to cut the hedges with our petrol hedge cutter which is loud!. We left Roxie in the kitchen and we both went outside. Periodically we checked in on her through the window, we needn't have worried, she slept through the 3 hours lol! Which gives an indication that after her spay has healed, Roxie, once settled in her forever home, doesn't mind being left..but still early days yet thumbs.gif
Last edited by SarahB(froggs) on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SarahB(froggs)

Re: Roxie Shepherd Lurcher DofB TBAss Rowfant Temp Foster

Postby SarahB(froggs) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Roxie is a bit of a Daddy's girl lol!!!
20170716_141219.jpg

20170716_141246.jpg
SarahB(froggs)

Next

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS