Billy Staffie x DofB 06.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Rescue Remedies

Billy Staffie x DofB 06.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Rescue Remedies » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Current Status: Available
DSCF6847.jpgbilly.jpga.jpg
Billy's Story : In late July 2018, a young staffie cross, dumped at a vets in NW London. He was underweight, flea ridden and neglected; the ex-owner confirmed he has already had multiple owners who likely had social/addiction problems. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place, saving his life. Billy is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Billy is now in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
DSCF6839.jpgbilly.jpg
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Billy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
DSCF6846.jpgbilly.jpg
Billy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information: We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Early Aug 18: We were asked to offer Billy a rescue place by a vet. Here is the information she sent...
Billy has been surprisingly good with both large and small dogs and is very social with both people and dogs. He is fascinated by cats, and has tried to follow a few but just interested rather than perturbed by them. He has also had some nice interactions with a variety of people in the park and generally enjoys getting a stroke from other owners. I have been clicker training which is coming on well and he is showing much less anxiety on the lead as a result. He has also had some time on a long lunge lead in the early hours this morning and is getting the idea of recall. Generally he is much happier and more relaxed than when he first arrived, although has done a fair amount of anxiety chewing of objects in general as you would expect with any rescue and young puppy staffie cross.

Weight wise, he now measures in at 26.4 on last weigh in, so has done very well.
On first arrival he was only 22kg. He was 25kg of solid muscle when castrated but is now softening up a bit and seems more relaxed overall since the op.
IMG_6300.jpg
IMG_6281.jpg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

sweetpea

Re: Billy DofB 06.2017 Kensal Green coming End of Aug

Post by sweetpea » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Bless him just a baby and good with small dogs ...... love4.gif

Chapmania

Re: Billy DofB 06.2017 Kensal Green coming End of Aug

Post by Chapmania » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Billy love4.gif xx

Rescue Remedies

Re: Billy Staffie x DofB 06.2017 Kensal Green coming 8th September

Post by Rescue Remedies » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Some more lovely pictures of Billy in his temporary foster home:
IMG_6199.jpg
Please can I have a treat
IMG_6298.jpg
Enjoying my walk
IMG_6238.jpeg
Please throw my toy

anne

Re: Billy Staffie x DofB 06.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Billy is a young, lively boy who is understandably a little stressed at the moment having just arrived into our rescue. He gave Lynne and I a friendly welcome and was patient while we fitted a new disc to his collar and then he helped me put his harness on. He knew having his harness on meant we were going out for a walk. He was lively on the lead but he had a lot of energy and was keen to get out and explore his new surroundings. He sniffed and marked his way around the woods. Bless him, he did get a little impatient when I stopped to take some photos and he barked to tell me he wanted to get going again. He did however take his treats gently and politely.

anne

Post by anne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:10 pm

He is exceedingly handsome!
DSCF6836.jpgbilly.jpg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 am

Billy helped me with a taster walk yesterday with a potential new walker - I got a lovely greeting in his kennel and we were quick to get harnessed up and Billy keen to get going !
Billy jumped up for a friendly hello to Helen and we were off ! We headed first to the big paddock where Billy enjoyed charging around and playing with (deflated !) footballs !
P9145941.JPG
After he'd exterted some of that high energy we headed off for a walk, Billy was a very good boy, passing other dogs well and not feeling the need to look back, happy in our company out and about :D

Does a very good sit for treats - going to be a great help with his continued training, very keen to learn and please is Billy boy xxx
P9145943.JPG
P9145942.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Fiona and I walked Billy today. He was keen to go and it took a little while to get him harnessed but I think that was just sheer excitement that he was going out. Billy walked well on the lead, he did pull a little but a gentle 'no' and he calms down. He sniffs everything and what we did notice, was Billy loves sticks, and not the small kind!. He was most interested in the larger branches that had fallen in the wind and once he had hold of them was quite fixated by them. He is an intelligent boy and on our return back to kennels he stood and watched me clear the pathway of the branch he quite liked and once we had passed it, he found an even bigger tree trunk to munch down on! If he could pick them up and walk with them I think he would! Billy left and entered his kennel very calmly. A gent to walk!

anne

Post by anne » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Billy was beautifully behaved on his walk today, showing off his dog friendly nature walking with Tia.

Billy is such a handsome dude!
DSCF7974.jpgbilly.jpg
DSCF7973.jpgbilly.jpg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Billy having a fun time roll on his walk with walker Ben :D
PA120051.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”