Banjo Patterdale DoB 22.10.17 Tadworth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Banjo Patterdale DoB 22.10.17 Tadworth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF1696.jpgbanjo.jpg

Banjo's Story: Banjo's family contacted us, as after they adopted Banjo from another rescue, they found that his Patterdale Terrier ways were not suitable for their family's lifestyle and they thought it best to rehome him with people who were more Terrier-experienced. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Banjo will need desensitisation and support when seeing and meeting other dogs. He is able to relax around some dogs after initial careful introductions and adjustment time, but would prefer to be an only dog in his home. Banjo is not for cats or small furries and is untested with small children. He is affectionate with his adult humans. Banjo is neutered, chipped, and vaccinated. Banjo was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and then in temporary foster as a single dog, whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1642.jpgbanjo.jpg
DSCF1671.jpgbanjo.jpg
DSCF1648.jpgbanjo.jpg
DSCF1691.jpgbanjo.jpg
Banjo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Banjo's family contacted us, as they were concerned with Banjo's dog reactivity.
Banjo 1.jpg
Banjo 2.jpg
Banjo 3.jpg
Banjo 4.jpg
Banjo 5.jpg
Banjo 6.jpg
Banjo7.jpg
anne

Re: Banjo Patterdale DoB 08.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I met lovely little Banjo yesterday with Charlie. He was the perfect model for his photos session, but not so cool, calm and collected when he spotted the cat!
DSCF1685.jpgbanjo.jpg
DSCF1680.jpgbanjo.jpg
DSCF1656.jpgbanjo.jpg
heleny

Re: Banjo Patterdale DoB 22.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

0093.gif of this gorgeous, quirky character! I met and walked him for the first time today and so we spent a bit of time getting to know each other. We came across fellow walker Judy and we kept our distance as, as soon as Banjo spotted another dog from the kennels, he was extremely noisy! Later in the walk we came across an off lead big, black dog who seemed to be without an owner, and so that was a bit scary. Banjo handled that quite well as he let me drag him into the undergrowth and out of sight! He loves his sausage treats and 'begs' in a very sweet manner as soon as he thinks he is going to get a treat. He will need someone who can train him and then he will be absolutely delightful. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Had fun with Banjo today, his enthusiasm is amazing! We set off at quite a pace but very quickly he settled and we had the loveliest walk. Banjo really is a lovely character, fizzing with excitement but also very keen for a cuddle, the best of both worlds and of course stunningly good looking! Loved meeting this gorgeous boy. Sorry no photos, will try next time
heleny

Post by heleny »

What an energetic character! Banjo and I did a circuit through the woods very quickly - he is reactive when he sees dogs and this would need working on. Fortunately today we seemed to have the woods to ourselves and Banjo and I had a great time. He enjoys a sniff around and a quick munch on grass. Once back at the kennels he had his share of treats - asking nicely and looking really cute! The terrier experienced person who takes Banjo home will be a lucky person indeed. :crossfingers.gif:
Judy

Post by Judy »

I walked Banjo for the first time this afternoon, what a lovely handsome boy. He was keen to get going, he is very alert and enjoyed stopping from time to time to sniff the new smells. He wasn't at all bothered by passing traffic just taking everything in his stride. He enjoyed his sausage treats at the end of our walk. I am sure he will not remain in kennels for long. love4.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took the gorgeous banjo out for an early walk onto the fields and styles at the back of the sewage works for a change - banjo loved it but far from (as we thought) it being quiet at 845 on a sunday morning (there were no dogs anywhere at first) we had to face at least 7 off lead dogs banjo was interested but ok but on the narrow muddy walk back inbetween the stream and fence we met THREE off lead patties (first time we have seen patterdales that were not RR anywhere) lucky enough two were going down the bank and into the stream and banjo behaved quite well really having a bit of a bark off with the patty at the top while the other pattie did his share of the barking - with some training he will make a great companion or family dog as he loves people and we think he is a topdog
IMG_0668.JPG
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took the gorgeous Banjo out for a walk this afternoon. We had quite a long stroll out, at one stage we had a horse ride by which Banjo did bark at, he probably wondered what it was, but as soon as it had gone by he soon settled down. When we got back to the kennels he spotted the cat which again he barked at and would love to have chased. I am sure if he was exposed to these different situations on a regular basis he would soon realise it is nothing to worry about. Despite this Banjo is a lovely boy who enjoys his walks, he really is a lovely boy. Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took Banjo out again this afternoon, he gave me a wonderful greeting and was very keen to get going however when we started off he decided that he didn't want to go too far despite having gone on longer walks previously. We wandered around the woods within the kennel grounds which Banjo seemed quite happy with. When we got back to his kennel he waited patiently for his sausage treats. :thanks.gif: He is a great dog with a lovely character. love4.gif
Susieblue

Post by Susieblue »

I took Banjo out for the first time today and we had a fast walk! He was keen to walk as long as we went his way! He was vocal when any dog came near , he was really happy and enjoyed his walk, he totally ignored the traffic, a lovely character

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”