Patch JRT DofB ?2015 Guildford

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Patch JRT DofB ?2015 Guildford

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0226.jpgpatch.jpg
Patch's Story: Patch was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Patch is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Patch was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0229.jpgpatch.jpg
DSCF0220.jpgpatch.jpg
DSCF0222.jpgpatch.jpg
patch 2.jpga.jpg
Patch's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
7.12.18: I was wondering if you had any room at the Inn? WWPs Lianne
"Patch, typical JRT can be choosy who he likes, I love him and he loves me! I've had no problem with him but he can get defensive if you try and grab his collar quickly."
Patchjrt.jpg
Jojo18

Re: Patch JRT DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20181217_221853.jpg
Jojo18

Re: Patch JRT DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

Lovely little Patch so happy to meet all the walkers yesterday .Men and women he skipped over happily getting back rubs and treats and loved all the attention coming his way .
xxlynne

Re: Patch JRT DofB ?2015 Waterlooville Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Patch travelled to Gatwick today and was very settled in the travel crate next to Arrow for the hours drive. He was whisked off by Ahhe on arrival for a photoshoot.

We started to walk Arrow and Patch together and they were both relaxed. Suddenly Minnie and Jack arrived into the pack and Patch welcomed them very casually. We noted his hesitation when managing him around his collar area and did actually muzzle him to chip him: However he was very happily picked up to put in the car 'cause ofcourse he was offered a foster place. Catherine & David are looking forward to get to know little Patch.

Patch has the blue harness on:
PatchMinnieJack1.JPG
PatchMinnieJack2.JPG
PatchMinnieJack3.JPG
PatchMinnieJack4.JPG
newyear.gif
Harris Household

Post by Harris Household »

We have been very lucky to foster Patch for a few days. He is a super little dog, and will be a great companion for someone

A few helpful notes for anyone thinking about him for their household - Patch is fully housetrained, sits beautifully by the front door whilst I get my coat and boots on, relaxed in the car usually settling for a sleep, walks very well on the lead and does not pull, is happy walking alongside busy roads and is not phased by lorries or motorbikes or joggers, is not vocal (even when my two resident dogs bark at the postman etc). Patch meets people well - even accepting a treat from one couple who had just pulled up in their driveway.

When he is on the lead he is not so relaxed with other dogs passing by, however we have success in breaking any fixed gaze with distraction - calling his name and offering a treat or a cuddle. Once the dog has moved past he is busy getting back to his walk.

He is crated in our bedroom overnight and settles well for the whole night, but likes to get up on the bed for a cuddle in the morning. Whilst I am "OK" in his eyes - it is my husband David who is his favourite, and will always seek him out in the house and sit with him by preference.

Patch1.jpg

Patch2.jpg

Patch3.jpg

Patch4.jpg

Patch5.jpg
Harris Household

Further update on Patch from his foster household -

Patch is needs confident but sensitive handling when putting on a harness as he is disturbed by this handling - if respected then it is easily managed.

He absolutely loves a squeaky tennis ball - and if you have a wet afternoon this will keep him very busy for half and hour - the ball doesn't stand much of a chance, but he will have made you laugh out loud with his antics!

Patch is bright - recognises some commends ("Down" is a helpful one as he can easily hop up on the windowsills, "Sit", and "Wait") and is learning the cycle of the household - although doesn't yet know how to use the dog flaps. This is good for the time being as we want to ensure he is supervised in the back garden.

Today he met 2 visitors to the house - again meet and greet was good and relaxed when letting them in and out, through doorways and moving around the house. Good boy Patch!

Walking Patch in parkland with loose dogs needs careful management - dogs trotting over to meet our resident dogs is not a good experience for Patch. This will take time to build up to. Dogs on leads and passing by are more easy to sort out - Patch can be easily distracted with a tiny bit of treat or a reassuring stroke. The handling is going well.

Patch1.jpg

Patch2.jpg

Patch3.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Lovely photos and write up Thank you
Harris Household

Another couple of pictures of this charmer in action - The sun came out, so Patch and I had a game of ball in the garden and then a cuddle.

Patch was easy to walk on the lead again today - he passed two dogs on leads without problem once distracted. Joggers, cyclists, car alarms - all taken in his stride. He is a confident little dog out and about the town.

Patch1.jpg
Patch2.jpg
Harris Household

Re: Patch JRT DofB ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Final post from the Harris Household on our foster experiences of Patch

After 3 days of good walks together, Patch is listening keenly to our voices for commands, plus eating and sleeping well. He has already learnt that the windowsills are not allowed - even if it means he can't keep an eye on David in the garden - and no longer attempts to jump up on them. We have also been "desensitising" around his head and neck with gentle and obvious handling and he is improving.

The secret for me getting a cuddle is a hot water bottle - Patch thinks they are marvellous for a snuggle - bright boy for sure

For anyone following Patch as a potential addition to their home, we have found him a super little chap. If you have any questions that we can offer any insights, please post and we will try and answer.

Patch & Jack Bromance.jpg

Patch watching David in the Garden.jpg

Patch Desensitising.jpg

Patch & Hot Water Bottle.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Re: Patch JRT DofB ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Patch for the,first time today, what a absolute sweetheart. He is so good on his walk, he enjoyed walking through the woods, he was on squirrel watch, and they don't disappoint! Patch has the softest fur, and he takes treats very gently. We passed a couple of dogs, no reaction from Patch I distracted him with treats. Such a dear little lad, I hope that his forever home comes soon angel13.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”