Jude Jack Russell DofB ?2010 Lightwater

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Jude Jack Russell DofB ?2010 Lightwater

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0215.jpgjude.jpg
Jude's Story: Jude was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a West Country council pound with his partner Brenda. Rescue Remedies offered both Rescue places, saving their lives. Jude is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Jude is coming into boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9963.jpgbrendajude.jpg
DSCF9975.jpgbrenda jude.jpg
Jude's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
29.11.18: Hello Lynne,
Hope all is well with you! We have two little Terriers in at the minute who will be needing homes soon and wondered if you have the means to help.
Brenda found with Jude
Elderly female Terrier
Chocolate brown, scruffy coat
Quite shy but appears to be a bit of a pocket rocket! She likes to have bark-offs with dogs in neighbouring kennels.
Jude found with Brenda
Elderly entire male Jack Russell
Very timid and shy, don’t think the noisy kennel environment is helping  In the right environment we reckon he’ll really come out of his shell.
They were both found rural west country and have scars over their faces. Brenda is missing part of her ears – we’re thinking they were maybe used for Badger baiting
Both flea ridden when found so have been bathed, wormed and flea treated. They will be ready to go on Monday 3rd December. Photos attached for you. Dog Warden Jordan
Both come into Guildford Tuesday the 4th December
Jude
Jude
Jude & Brenda
Jude & Brenda
Brenda
Brenda
DSCF9966.jpgjude.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Jude Jack Russell DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Brenda and Jude are settling well with us. They both came over to Gatwick and were neutered. No other health issues and both were 4-5 kilos so you can see how small they are. They are both shy and have come into the house into one of my rooms to be in the warm. Letting the walk through into the garden area is fun as Jude's nerves are such I end up hiding behind cupboards and doors to allow him to get the confidence to run through. Brenda is bolder and comes up to say hello. Gradually they are both becoming more confident and getting the hang of their days routine. They are as quiet as mouses in their room. Eating well but prefer moist food.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I met these two today and sat with them both in the hut with another walker whom I had met for the first time. Both dogs were trembling but seemed to enjoy the close contact. Dear, sweet little things - safe now with RR - thank goodness - what horrors you would tell us about if you could speak. angel13.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Jude has stolen my heart. I’ve never met such a brave, tolerant boy. I carried him to the lane, his body tight with nerves but not once did he snap at me - even though he was terrified. When I put him down he stood totally still, so I picked him up again, walked a bit further and tried again. He walked for about a minute, tail between his legs but he did have a sniff through the leaves. When his nerves got the better of him, I picked him up for a cuddle but put him back down again straight away. The one place he was ok to walk - all along the outside of the kennel block!! He particularly liked the spot outside pablos kennel (the biggest dog we have). Tony was trying to keep Pablo and victor quiet so Jude could enjoy his walk. I wouldn’t normally walk a dog along the outside of the kennels but Jude is a scared little man and I just wanted him to enjoy a little walk - which for a couple of minutes he did. He didn’t accept or look at a treat I offered him at the beginning of our walk but did accept one when I put him back in his bed - such a brave boy. Xx.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

RR Albert is sending you and Brenda a gentle wag and hello.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I took Jude out for a walk and into the paddock yesterday with Brenda. Jude is still very frightened and wary but is quite happy for you to pick him up. He walks for a little bit and then stops so you have to carry him a little way and then put him back down again. Once in the paddock it was lovely to see Jude become a little relaxed and pottering about on his own. Brenda was happy to take sausages but Jude was a bit reserved. Eventually he realised that he was missing out and came and took some. This poor little boy has clearly been though so much and will need an understanding owner. Jude is work in progress but is showing good signs in trust and settling to a normal life. He is a lovely little boy who I am sure has love to give to the right owner. I hope they can be found very soon. xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Poor little Jude - it will probably take a while longer before he can learn to trust and relax. I took him to the paddock with his pen mate, Brenda, and new walker, Freya. I had to carry him there as he did not want to move but once there he did trot round the paddock and took some treats. He is an absolute darling. love4.gif love4.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

hey jude - ure not making us sad anymore and ure remembering to let us into your heart and then we can start to make it better - and he is by walking more and more taking him out with brenda today and he walked the whole 30 minute walk yes we didn't wander far and he decides the route but its real progress and hes starting to build some trust a great improvement jude in a few weeks well done
xxlynne

Re: Jude Jack Russell DofB ?2010 Lightwater

Post by xxlynne »

Brenda and Jude have come on so far with our Rescue and with our wonderful volunteers...but now they are in the loving care of Lucy & Patrick and their sons Tom and Josh they will come on leaps and bounds. It was particularly wonderful to witness a very special relationship developing between Patrick and Jude and the joy Brenda showed with the warm welcoming initial advances with Lucy. Tom and Josh were great and very mature...Perfect homing sing it from the hill tops woo.gif]
BrendaJudehomed.JPG
Chapmania

Re: Jude Jack Russell DofB ?2010 Lightwater

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful news woo.gif] I love this adorable pair and I am so happy that they have a lovely new home together. Be happy Jude love4.gif xx
blob6.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: :smiley-bounce016.gi: blob6.gif]
Last edited by Chapmania on Sun 27 Jan 2019 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”