Buddy Patterdale DofB 13.02.16 Weston Super Mare

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Buddy Patterdale DofB 13.02.16 Weston Super Mare

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Buddy1.JPG
Buddy's Story: Buddy grew up with another male dog. Sadly, his play was escalating into fights on occasions, and his family decided it was better to separate them. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Buddy has always enjoyed meeting and playing with other dogs. Buddy is not for cats or small furries. Buddy can get excited/distressed on car journeys; he expresses this by being very vocal. Buddy will need understanding, desensitisation, and support for this, especially during the early days of his rehoming. Buddy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Buddy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
buddypattDSC07542.JPG
Buddy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Buddy's owners called us in desperation needing to find a place for Buddy as his relationship with their other dog was deteriorating after a few fights. He is a brilliant terrier and they didn't want either dog to be spoiled.
We took Buddy in on the 21st November 2018
Sarahk

Re: Buddy Patterdale DofB 13.02.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Buddy is very very handsome and exceptionally striking love4.gif
DSC07534.JPG
DSC07533.JPG
DSC07529.JPG
DSC07542.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC07538.JPG
DSC07539.JPG
DSC07541.JPG
DSC07528.JPG
:welcome.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC07531.JPG
DSC07537.JPG
love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Buddy must be seriously confused and worried by the fact that he has ended up in kennel care. He is a dear little dog and enjoyed his walk today despite the awful rain and mud. It was the first time I had met him and so we spent some time getting to know each other. He doesn't like going back into his pen where he gets very stressed by the noise and clamour of the other dogs. Everything crossed that this great little dog finds a home soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: [cry.gif]
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

What a dear little lad Buddy is, so easy to harness and he ignores all the other dogs. I walked Buddy with Leeanne and Tia, they both ignored each other. Buddy walks so well no pulling, and he does love a treat or two! He is so handsome with his lovely markings. Buddy would be the ideal companion for the right family, get your homing forms in, I don't think he will be around for long angel13.gif]
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I took Buddy for a walk this morning, he is such a delightful little lad, he walks so well with no pulling. He is not interested in other dogs, and if he passes one he takes no notice. He has a good sniff in the undergrowth, and is not bothered about mud. Buddy gets very stressed going back into his kennel, it would be wonderful if his forever home comes soon angel13.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

Buddy really is indeed a little treasure. He is so lovely - now he knows me he greets me with a waggy tail and off we go. He walks almost to heel - never pulls and is very responsive when I talk to him. He has the most gorgeous soulful eyes which to me mirror the confusion he must feel at finding himself in kennel care. He is non reactive to all living creatures - other dogs, horses, squirrels. I am so fond of him and would just love him to find his forever home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
JHarlow

Post by JHarlow »

Hello my name is Julie and I was Buddy’s mum. We absolutely loved and still love Buddy to bits and hope he finds his perfect home . Rehoming Buddy was the hardest thing that we had to do and it’s hard to go through a day without shedding some tears . Buddy is a lovely dog and is sometimes very much like a human in the way he acts and I agree he has very soulful eyes. Unfortunately Buddy could not tolerate His brother in the end and it became a very difficult situation . We tried everything we could but it just became worse and I personally believe he just wanted to be no 1 in the house.
Our wish is for Buddy to find his new home with people that will love him dearly and be kind to him . I am upset as I write this and it’s still so very raw and don’t want people to think we just have him up because it was not the case st all .
We would love to be updated when a good home is found for Buddy and please look after him well , he loves to snuggle up and cuddle x
heleny

Post by heleny »

Oh Julie - my heart goes out to you and I can only guess the heartache you are feeling. Buddy is so lovely - you can tell he has been well loved and cared for. He is totally beautiful - now he knows me he greets me gently and I know we are now friends. He will now accept treats and that is how I get him back into his pen. Rescue Remedies will do everything they can to find him the best ever home. Thinking of you and thank you so much for your post. [cry.gif] [cry.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”