Otto (Oscar) Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Strood Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
jan&nick

Re: Otto Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

its never a struggle to get a snuggle with a puggle - well not this one anyway loadsa cuddles at the park with rexx and spot who got on so well together never a cross bark or reaction between them - what sweet and friendly dogs they both are and i think they both enjoyed a really long walk - rexx loves his sniffing and both ambled round at a very steady pace no pulling with these guys and it's no surprise that rexx really loves his treats v v lucky person who ends up pugglesnuggling with this doggie
P1010042.JPG
P1010115.JPG
honeymonster

Re: Otto Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Petworth W. Sussex Foster

Post by honeymonster »

Otto has come to stay in foster with us for half term. He has been a good boy and is living in with two resident dogs and three children aged 4-12. He is clean in the house. Loves walks and is busy but totally manageable, my children have even walked him with no problems. He likes food so would be easy to train, and already knows basic commands. He loves chew toys and cuddles on the sofa. He is not keen on the crate and will bark his disapproval. He is calm and happy if he is with his people and is a little unsure if left alone, but everything has been scary for him these past weeks. with some love and time he will make someone a great companion dog. He really is a little poppet and weve all fallen for his charm, and big brown eyes. Hes only been here a couple of days and already he is relaxing so he would definitely settle well within the right home environment.
Big brown eyes!
Big brown eyes!
finding the sunny spot
finding the sunny spot
enjoying petworth park
enjoying petworth park
is it dinner time!
is it dinner time!
relaxing after a long walk
relaxing after a long walk
xxlynne

Re: Otto (Oscar) Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Petworth W.Sussex Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Otto has claimed the sofa, sun spots in the garden and all hearts of his foster family.
honeymonster

Re: Otto (Oscar) Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Petworth W.Sussex

Post by honeymonster »

Well Otto has been with us for nearly 5 weeks. I'm not going to lie its not all been easy introducing a new dog into a pack isn't always easy. We've had a few teething problems. Otto himself is well behaved for the most part, he has a cheeky, naughty streak. And him mixed with a mastiff puppy can sometimes cause friction, their still trying to figure out who is boss, things have calmed considerably recently though. If i'm honest at one point i was ready to throw in the towel, even messaged lynne saying i could'nt do it!!. But i slept on it, talked it through and looked into his big brown eyes and knew i couldn't give up on him. He is relying on me for his second chance. He follows me round and loves to cuddle up. Were making sacrifices to ensure that this works. All three dogs are finding their feet and figuring out where they fit, i guess in the grand scheme its still early days, in the mean time we will keep surrounding them with love and warmth and focusing on each dogs individual needs and strengths.
the three amigos!
the three amigos!
Otto and seren
Otto and seren
snug as a pug
snug as a pug
love my chair
love my chair
Cuddles with my new sister
Cuddles with my new sister
Snuggles with daddy
Snuggles with daddy
Progress!!
Progress!!
xxlynne

Re: Otto (Oscar) Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Otto has had a wonderful time over the last few months and proved himself to be able to share with young children. He could share with another dog but having a terrier nature they would need to be able to share with him.
honeymonster

Post by honeymonster »

Hello my little buddy I hope your being a good boy for lynne. The house is quieter without you and I miss our snuggles. You will make someone an amazing companion and I'm hopeing and praying hard it's soon.
Otto is a typical cheeky, funny terrier. He's a little dog with a massive personality.
He is good with children but he does get a little excited at times so ball games should be a adult only.
He walks well on his extender lead, but wouldn't let him off as he has selective hearing and likes to follow scents.
He was great meeting people and dogs outside the home.
He hates the crate but happily slept in the kitchen if we were out. He can be left for 4 hours. He prefers blankets to beds.
He loves food, so would need monitoring around children who are eating.
He got on well with our Staffie bitch. The only reason we made the hard decision to rehome was that he and our mastiff puppy couldn't figure out who was boss and were hyping each other up. He could potentially live with another more mature male dog as got on fine with our mums older springer.
He is hudini so will need careful exit management so he dosent go on an adventure without his people!!
We all adore otto and are heartbroken that we couldn't make it work for all dogs involved. Be happy baby xx
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Otto this morning he is such a sweet boy. A lovely greeting from him, we went for a lovely walk in the woods, he is very busy on his walk but does not pull. He likes to investigate all the new smells, he was interested in the squirrels. Such a wonderful little lad, let's hope his forever home comes soon angel13.gif]
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we decided to go puggling with leslee this morning both dogs really got on well - otto likes to go at a fair pace and both enjoyed a very long walk round the back lanes - never a dull moment with this sweet little puggle.
20181230_114755.jpg
pits

Re: Otto (Oscar) Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Here's Otto the puggle today, it was a miserable rainy day but it didn't get Otto down in the slightest. He's a friendly little guy and I'm sure he will get homed soon with his looks.
o1.jpg
o2.jpg
o3.jpg
o4.jpg
dymphnae

Re: Otto (Oscar) Puggle DofB 15.09.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by dymphnae »

Lovely walk with Otto today. He's full of life and fun, and great around other dogs. He just needs his forever family now, and not too long in stressful kennels. Sweet boy.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”