Jake Patterdale DofB 04.08.09 - 23.03.21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Jake Patterdale DofB 04.08.09 - 23.03.21

Post by xxlynne »

jake1DSCF7367.jpg
23th March 2021 Sadly Peter and Emma rushed Jake to the vets to find he had a ruptured spleen and multiple tumours and so needed to offer him Peace..
Jake (2).jpg
Jake's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Jake was Patterdaleterrierrescue's Terrier of the month for September 18Jake's Story : Jake was owned since a puppy up until he was surrendered into Rescue. Jake grew up with another dog who died when Jake was 6 months old. He can be reactive to dogs out on his walks but rarely now: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Jake is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Jake was homed for a year and was constant companion to Les who had mobility issues but was a terrier person who accepted his excitability on seeing dogs and commanded him and supported him.Jake was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Jake's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
jake2DSCF7373.jpg
jake3DSCF7386.jpg
Jake's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 15.07.18: Jake's family asked to help Jake and find him a new home as he isnt coping living with the new baby.
JakePatt.jpeg
JakePatt1.jpg
JakePatt2.jpeg
JakePatt3.jpeg
heleny

Re: Jake Patterdale DofB 04.08.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Jake is a really endearing little terrier. We hadn't met before but that didn't stop him giving me the most lovely greeting as soon as I opened the door. He was easy to harness and then we were off. He really enjoyed his walk especially the sniffs along the way. His pace is ideal - neither too fast nor too slow. We met one or two dogs along the way and Jake did not show any reaction. Once back in his pen he enjoyed lots of treats and cuddles. I can't wait to walk him again but really do hope that he gets homed very soon. angel13.gif] blob6.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Jake is a little sweetheart. We made friends over a sausage or two - and we were on our way. Walks beautifully - although was reluctant to go far - so we didnt. We had a little stroll through the woods, sat down on a branch and I just stroked and cuddled him. After that we went for a run - he loved this and would have happily run for ages had I been fitter......I found Jake to be very nice boy, easy for a terrier, and totally adorable. I wanted to scoop him up and take him home. Xx.
04489CDE-1B99-45AB-ADF4-43245659B6F4.jpeg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Today was my second walk with Jake, he is the sweetest little dog. He walks really well on the lead, and does a wonderful sit and paw for a treat. Please consider this wonderful little lad for his forever home angel13.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

I walked Jake for the first time this afternoon. Despite him not having met me before he was very friendly and excited to be going out for a walk. Jake liked stopping once in a while to sniff all the new smells, he also enjoyed having a good roll, I hadn't notice initially what he was rolling in!! He is a lovely boy with a wonderful nature. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

What a lovely welcome I had from the gorgeous Jake, he was very excited to be going out for a walk. We had a good walk through the woods, Jake stopped occasionally to sniff all the new smells and once in a while looking back at me with an expectant look, once I made a fuss of him he was happy to carry on with his walk. Jake is such a lovely natured boy and is great company. angel13.gif] love4.gif
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I had a lovely walk with Jake, you get a very warm welcome from Jake. We had a stroll through the woods, and down to the stream for a paddle. Jake likes to explore the undergrowth and every tree has to be inspected!! Jake gives a lovely sit and paw for a treat. Such a lovely busy little terrier, and very affectionate, please consider Jake for his forever home :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of walking Jake yesterday. He really is a true little gent. I love him! Jake is such a good boy to get harnessed and just stands patiently. We set off through the woods which Jake loves to explore. A very easy boy to walk. He takes no notice of passing traffic and crosses the roads nicely. On our way back to the kennels we met a gentleman who was out in his back garden. He remarked what a lovely boy Jake was and gave him a quick stroke as he stepped out into the lane as we were passing. Jake is wonderful company and someone is going to be so lucky to have him. love4.gif xx
20180819_115145.jpg
20180819_115158.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I got to walk Jake the other week. He is a friendly, welcoming chap. We had a lovely easy walk and then headed for the poets hut, where he enjoyed some chin and ear scritches! Jake is a happy, endearing pattie who was a total pleasure to meet and spend time with! love4.gif
2018-08-25 14.01.22.jpg
2018-08-25 14.01.25.jpg
2018-08-25 14.03.13.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I enjoyed a lovely walk with Jake through the woods on Tuesday and then he jumped into my car for some fuss, he really is a very lovely patterdale boy xxx
FF77C948-D059-42AC-BD93-847EA2810F1B.jpeg
74507ECC-A996-4174-892D-CB5D80E2CCC6.jpeg
F6B079AF-F2EA-420D-8F94-193D228E08BD.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”