Maxx Patterdale DofB 14.09.15 Merstham Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Maxx Patterdale DofB 14.09.15 Merstham Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Maxx.jpg
Max is our Patterdale Terrier Rescue's Pattie of the Month for June 18
Maxx's Story : Maxx originally lived with other dogs and poss children. He was homed via an advert to a young man who made him his companion but suffers from depression: Maxx wasn't getting walks or activities geared to his needs so a relative found ourselves and asked if we could help: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Maxx is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. He is house trained and basic commands plus likes to do a few tricks for treats such as rolling over or sitting up. Maxx was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Maxx's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Maxx1.jpg
Maxx2.jpg
Maxx3.JPG
Maxx's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust.
Kathys

Re: Maxx Patterdale DofB 2016 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Kathys »

I walked a very enthusiastic Maxx at Broxbourne yesterday. He's very friendly to both humans and other dogs and is gorgeous too! He did suffer the indignity of being referred to as a cockerpoo by a man we met walking his dog - well he is rather fluffy 0002.gif]
I've been back to the kennels this morning and brought him home with me for a couple of days. Photos to follow if I can work out how to upload them from my phone!
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

20180526_132758-253x345.jpg
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

20180526_132933-200x252.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Gorgeous love4.gif
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

On Sunday morning I collected a very excited and lovable Maxx. He travelled well in a crate on the back seat of my car and soon settled down. First stop was my parents house – he was very pleased to meet them and although he was a bit over exuberant they thought he was lovely!
Next stop was a friends livery stables – Maxx was not bothered by the horses or cattle but the geese and goslings were another matter – they looked good fun to chase! Maxx met another terrier there quite amicably.
Back at my flat he quickly made himself at home. He does leap onto the furniture (whether it’s a chair, sofa or table!) and I had to move my coffee table as it made a good vantage point to view the neighbours’ cats from the window. (Maxx is not for cats). He’s good with other dogs – I walked with a friend and her 2 dogs on Sunday morning. He was fine with them – even when they were off-lead.
Maxx loves everyone and does jump up on first meetings. He responds to a firm ‘no’ and I’m sure he’ll learn very quickly not to do it. He also barks at you if he wants attention – again if you ignore him he stops. He loves to be close to you and may benefit from being homed with another dog for company.
He’s housetrained and slept all night without a murmur (at the bottom of my bed). This morning he was quite happy to stay on the bed while I got ready for work. He loves his walks and sits nicely while you harness him. He doesn’t pull - unless he sees a cat (or a fox cub as we did early this morning!!) He wasn’t worried at all by the thunder storm on Sunday night.
Today he has come into the office with me where he’s quickly settled in. My work colleagues all received enthusiastic greetings when they entered but he has now settled onto his bed. Our post lady thought he was gorgeous and hoped I’d be keeping him!!!
Sadly due to prior commitments this week he has to go back to kennels after work today. I’m sure he will be snapped up very quickly – otherwise I shall have to rearrange my plans for the summer and apply for him myself love4.gif
20180527_144537.jpg
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

20180527_195508-307x356.jpg
Where's that cat!
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

The attachment 20180527_195604-248x326.jpg is no longer available
20180527_195604-248x326.jpg
Kathys