Roxy Terrier x Pattie DofB 29.01.10 Hainault Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Roxy Terrier x Pattie DofB 29.01.10 Hainault Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Roxy47.JPG
Roxy's Story : Roxy was living with her owner, 2 young children and a cat; all whom she grew up with from a puppy, the children being babies when she was a puppy. Sadly their owner died at the age of 35yrs, her children are being cared for elsewhere,and the cat has been rehomed. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Roxy is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Roxy came into our care on the 5th Nov 17

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Roxy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Roxy48.JPG
Roxy39.JPG
Roxy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 4.11.17: Hi Dianna

I wondered if you could help. We have spoken in the past but just to remind you I help owners of dogs being offer FTGH (FreeToGoodHomes) find rescue space. This particular case is extremely tragic and not the usual case of an uncaring owner wanting rid of a dog they can't be bothered with. The dog is called Roxy and is a Patterdale/Lakeland and her owner died a week ago, leaving her home alone with family members just calling in to feed and let out in the garden to toilet. She isn't being walked and also wasn't for a while prior to her owner's death due to her illness.

The dog is very anxious and not suitable for a foster based rescue at this stage or even a private rehoming. I feel she needs time in kennels to be assessed, get used to walks, people and dogs again before being ready for adoption. She has bitten one of the family member who approached her too suddenly. She is in Essex now.

Here is the deceased owner's Auntie's response when I sent her a list of questions.
Roxy.JPG
"Hello J. Thank you for your message. Of course we would prefer rescue or rehoming but have not had any luck. Her owner, my niece, died 7 days ago and was in hosp before then so the poor dog has been left in the house since. We are desperate. If you think you could help we would be grateful.

Roxy is 8 Neutered. She has been okay with some dogs she has met and not so much with others but in recent times during owner's illness she has not been out of the home very much. We had a family come to meet her yesterday and she was unconcerned with their dog, even though he yapped at her.
She lived happily with a young cat until yesterday when the cat was rehomed She is fit and healthy.
She is generally well behaved. Not yappy, doesn't chew, clean apart from a little tinkle if excited
She used to walk to heel on the lead. We tried her with a collar and lead today in the garden and she was okay, although clearly not accustomed to it. We don't know if she has ever been allowed to run free. She has been fine when left alone in the last month or so. Not destructive or soiling, but clearly this is not ideal. When we go to feed her she is pleased to see us and has cottoned on to the fact that we won't be there long and is reluctant to leave us! She is vaccinated and flea treated but we can't find any paper records in the house. We'll keep looking! Roxy used to travel about in the car when her owner was well, but probably in the last year she hasn't been in a vehicle, so we don't know. We had a friend who has two dogs and is an experienced owner visit today with a view to fostering Roxy, but she misbehaved, growled and bared her teeth, so our friend decided it was not a good idea. So....that's Roxy! We are at our wits end to know what to do. The house she is in, is rented and will have to be returned to the council in three weeks. We are increasingly thinking that she will have to be put down, but want to exhaust other avenues first. And, of course, we are dealing with bereavement at the same time and there are so many other issues to deal with.
Thank you, K

I believe M (the deceased owner's Mum) has emailed you via your website but wanted to make sure you had as much info as possible before deciding if you could help?

Thank you"

Family of Roxy are over the moon that you can help, thank you. I'll be calling them in the morning to organise whether they can transport or if I need to sort it, but either way is there a preferred day for Roxy to come to you?

Thank you JH

Roxy comes into us as an emergency 5th Nov
xxlynne

Re: Roxy Terrier x Pattie DofB 29.01.10 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Roxy arrived today and is currently nervous, never having left her family before nor been in kennels. We had a walk to begin to get to know each other. Early days little one
Roxy22.jpg
RoxyNov1.JPG
RoxyNov2.JPG
RoxyNov3.JPG
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Bless her heart .... love4.gif
frankie

Post by frankie »

Sad day for this little girl to loose your home and family in one fowl swoop how heart breaking .bless her x
bouncyRoxy

Post by bouncyRoxy »

From Roxys 'Aunty' a huge thank you to all the kind people who are looking after her. It's been an awful time for the family and knowing that Roxy will be given a second chance in life is such a relief. She's a lovely dog and she can do tricks! High fives, tippy toes, roll- over, shaking paws and 'find it'.
We are planning to raise some money amongst our family and friends in the next couple of weeks to help your work.
Thanks again
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Roxy spent the day with me yesterday she started off nervous as my front passenger. We travelled to Chessington and after an hour together I was getting face washes.

We loaded in Mason and we sped off to our vets. At the vets Roxy came in and waited patiently. In the vets she wasm't letting our vet get near her with that sharp thing! I put a muzzle and she surrendered and job was done. Roxy they joined me back in the car as we travelled the rest of the distance to the kennels. The kennel staff said she was a lot more interested and out of her bed after our trip so she is slowly adjusting.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC00047.JPG
Lovely Roxy, she took a stroll with Gemma today, Roxy is starting to trust Gemma and extending her circle of friends, she is making progress all the time and was happy to take the treats that I offered her and she's definitely coming forward whilst in her kennel to see whats going on around her, we'll go at your pace sweet girl, nothing for you to worry about we promise :D
DSC00040.JPG
Roxy is such a beautiful girl love4.gif
DSC00036.JPG
DSC00037.JPG
DSC00039.JPG
DSC00041.JPG
DSC00044.JPG
DSC00048.JPG
DSC00045.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
heleny

Post by heleny »

Thank you for these lovely photos of Roxy - they certainly do her justice with her appealing eyes. Lynne took her out of her pen for me as Roxy does not know me as yet and we walked part of the way together. I am so looking forward to spending time with this gorgeous girl and to the time when she knows and trusts me. I am looking forward even more to the time when she has her own forever home and she gets over the heart ache of losing everything. [cry.gif] :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

I actually feel very privileged that his gorgeous little girl is now counting me amongst her friends. We enjoyed another short walk together today and she seemed to relax as we trotted through the woodland walk. I don't think I have ever seen such soulful eyes - she has lost everything but I am sure that her perfect owner is just round the corner. [cry.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_3248.JPG
When I first saw Roxy in her kennel - she very kindly told me to get lost. So I did. Five minutes later I went back and gave her some sausage. I spent the whole day doing this and by the end of it we were friends. This was a week or so ago. Today she greeted me nicely at her kennel so I gave her a treat and we were soon off on our walk. Her tail was down for the first ten minutes - but with lots of good girls and praise, she relaxed and enjoyed her walk. She especially liked having a good bark at the cat in the woods. Her tail was wagging, she was excited, curious - just as a terrier should be. Roxy strikes a real chord with me - her nature reminds me so much of my own terrier Daisy. It's not aggression that made Roxy tell me to get lost a week ago - it's fear. All she needs is a little time to trust you and Roxy is fine. She showed me her amazing tricks today. Sit, paw, high five, lay down, roll over - all of them she does in an instant. She's a beautiful girl who I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time with. Xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”