Baxter Patterdale Terrierx DofB 2013? Alton Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
Judy

Re: Baxter Patterdale Terrier x DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I had a lovely walk with Baxter yesterday, he is an absolute joy. It is just so wonderful to see his confidence grow since he first arrived, he loves going out for his walks and enjoys all the sights and new smells. He is such an easy to manage loving boy, I really do hope he will find his forever home very soon. Kiss of love.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

We don't have favourites at RR because they are all our favourites and this little terrier is certainly mine. He is so friendly, so appreciative of time spent with him. I always have to go into his pen and greet him in his basket where he is calmly lying. He enjoys his walks and walks at a very fast pace. This little fella ticks all the boxes - come on forever home as you are missing out. angel13.gif] :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2776.JPG
IMG_2775.JPG
IMG_2774.JPG
Baxter is exactly what a terrier should be - enthusiastic, alert, determined,but scratch the surface, gain their trust and you'll find a much softer side. He pulled the whole walk, nothing at all unmanageable, just keen to investigate and see what the woodland undergrowth had to offer. He's the only terrier ever who's actually helped me up a slippery slope!! Baxter was so keen to investigate - he pulled this chunky thighed dog walker out of an embarrassing situation.......(it's not the first time I've got stuck - last time I had to physically claw my way to freedom 0002.gif] ). So, Baxter is my hero today. He let me clean his eyes in return for some treats - such a good boy. We ended our walk with some paddock time - it's funny but I thought he'd be off investigating so kept a long line on him just to be safe. The little pickle stayed by my side the whole time. Xx
Judy

Post by Judy »

What a long way Baxter has come since he first arrived at the kennels. Yesterday afternoon I had the most lovely greeting, before he would be taking refuge in his bed and was very unsure but not a bit of it now, he just wants to get out and going. Baxter is such a wonderful boy and as previously said is a typical terrier keen and enthusiastic wanting to investigate all the new smells. Cannot fault this boy. angel13.gif]
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

I'm amazed that this gorgeous boy is still with us, he has such a fabulous look and, when he gets to know you, just loves a cuddle. He gave me a perfect paw for treats once he'd sniffed them out in the Poet's Hut then had a proper puppy moment of rolling around beside me on the sofa for tummy tickles. He is just a wonderful, handsome terrier chap who would love a sofa of his own. :crossfingers.gif:
IMG_0688.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

I love this little terrier - everything about him. I don't think he was feeling too well yesterday morning but he still trotted out and seemed to enjoy his walk. He rests calmly in his basket until you go into his pen to fetch him and then you are given a lovely greeting. He is a dear and I hope someone reads his thread very soon and realises what a perfect little companion he would make. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
RosC

Post by RosC »

I met Baxter today and had a very warm greeting from him. He is very friendly and quite a little character. Wonderful, scruffy little face that makes him totally adorable love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

Baxter and I had a lovely walk this afternoon, he gave me his usual friendly welcome. Whilst out a horse and rider passed us on a narrow path, Baxter was perfectly behaved, we waited for the horse to go by, Baxter did not react at all. A bit later on we met a loose dog, again Baxter was very well behaved he only gave a tiny growl and that was it, which was only to be expected as the other dog kept barking at Baxter. Luckily the owner appeared and managed to get the dog on a lead. What a superstar. love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I finally got to walk our gorgeous boy yesterday. What a wonderful welcome awaited me as I went into his kennel. Such a friendly boy. Baxter was raring to go in true terrier fashion! Busy, busy, busy. So much to see and do out on our walk. Very alert and his eyes were constantly scanning for any movement. Unfortunately for my arm, Baxter saw a cat before me 0002.gif] That's a definite no to a home with cats then! Baxter enjoyed a visit to the Poets Hut. He is quite the cuddly boy, especially when he smells the sausages in your bag. Bless him, he sat down nicely and offered me his paw. A real fun little boy. Great character. Love him love4.gif xx
20171105_131152.jpg
20171105_131210.jpg
Judy

Post by Judy »

Yes Baxter is definitely a very alert boy enjoying new sights smells and movements. Whilst out yesterday afternoon Baxter was very excited to see squirrels running up the trees in the woods but as soon as he realised he couldn't climb the trees after them he carried on his way. Being a small boy he is very easy to manage This is one gorgeous lovely boy who clearly enjoys life, although he would a lot more so if he were to find his forever home. Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”